• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Linking various cities

PS3D

Reaction score
In the animé especially, it always seemed strange to me that there were highly developed cities and towns, but everything is linked with dirt routes (or worse) that we never see cars go on.

My only explanation is that highways bypass the Pokémon-filled routes.

Hmm... It's been really long since I watched the first season but Gary drove a convertible everywhere then.

Anyway, shouldn't this be in the anime forums or something?

Hmm... It's been really long since I watched the first season but Gary drove a convertible everywhere then.

Anyway, shouldn't this be in the anime forums or something?

Could also apply to the games and manga to a lesser extent.

I like to imagine that more direct, vehicle-traveled routes exist between major cities. This is actually shown to be true, at least in the case of Black and White and likely the moving van from early R/S/E, as well as several anime and manga cases. The media is told from the perspective of trainers, though - since they're interested in the wild Pokémon, they always take the routes that go through the mountains, forests, etc. - away from motor traffic. Thus, they don't come into contact with vehicles nearly as often, and that is reflected in that the audience doesn't see them, either.

tl;dr - Vehicle routes exist, they're just not important to the narrative and are thus ignored.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom