• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

lisia's doodlegarden

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
hii... well, uhmmmm...

I'm lisia :) and I've wanted to be an artist for a very, very long time. And I drew a lot as a kid, too. Poorly (LOL). That ended up kind of stopping as I got older, but... thanks to motivation and direction from someone really really important to me, I'm slowly but surely learning, I think.

Right now, I'm actually using a 3DS to draw mostly LOL. I'm still learning the basics, and I'm doing it with the help of Pokémon Art Academy, for the 3DS. It might seem a little strange, and I'll admit that it's at times a little difficult to make anything of quality for a bunch of different reasons (mostly the screen size, lack of layers and stuff, and the stylus being tiny)... but it's how I'll be learning. I actually do have Procreate Pocket on my phone, and a stylus for drawing use, so once I feel confident enough... I'll end up migrating to there, I think. And maybe draw small things on paper once in a while.

These aren't going to look super amazing for the first long while, but I want to show off the things I'm proud of, anyways, and be able to look back and hopefully see that I've come very far in my art journey.

So.

thank you, and welcome to my doodlegarden~~

meidi the pumpkaboo! 12/4/22
  • Staff
And my first drawing that I want to show here! I  just finished it about 10 minutes ago.

It's a Pumpkaboo!!

HNI_0076.JPG

Her name is Meidi~ and she's actually a character, or, rather, a Pokémon in 'We Don't Go To Anville Town', a very amazing fanfic written by my big sis @Blanc! I remembered that there was a Pumpkaboo in it, and well... I had to draw her with a smile too LOL. She's happy to be here, I hope!!! Ready to guide you home.

This is probably, out of my drawings, the one I'm most confident about currently? I'm learning about shading right now too... it's, really good to know of course!!! I have a loooooooong ways to go, but, at least I'm learning!!

And yes... it doesn't look the smoothest ever also. In the future, I'll end up revisiting all these, I think, and redo them! Sometime!

But, well, this is what I wanted to post tonight, here. Meidi says hello! Also please check out the fic above, oh my god, it's sooooooooo good...

Until next time!! Thank you!!

I’m sure that Blanc will be really happy to see this one, Lisia! And for a first drawing, this is pretty incredible. Heck, just for anyone’s drawing, it’s really good. And the subject matter is kawaii~, which always helps! One could call the shading simple, maybe, but it’s also really effective in its simplicity, I think, giving it a visually satisfying monochrome look that matches well with the colors you’ve chosen. You should really be proud of yourself with all of this, I think! You almost make me want to get out a pen or stylus and draw something myself, haha.

Keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing more from you!

Baku is right!! I know I’ve already been doting on your art but you are learning SO fast and it shows!! (Even the highlights are soooo crisp) I really should’ve added a defining accessory ti Meidi, but you made her smile stand out on its own!! I’m happy you’re going to post your art here from here on out!

I’ll be rooting for you and yelling really loud!!!

Eevee pencil sketch! 12/6/22
  • Staff
I tried out a new style yesterday! Well, two of them, actually, but I want to show off one in particular~~

So I did a drawing of Eevee, but it was all in (digital) pencil! It's a little different this way, because, pencil art is different from pen? If you layer multiple brushstrokes, things get a little more 'heavy' basically.

It's a bit more calming, I guess, to do it in this style rather than in a traditional digital pen style. I like both, and prefer the traditional(?) style, but this makes for really cute drawings, especially for furry things like a very very friendly Eevee~~

So!!

5C367079-06FC-4374-9BFA-72FAD618AE22.jpeg

The eyes are a little weird, but oh well I guess LOL. I try to make things look as nice as possible, but sometimes I kind of just have to settle for things being as good as I can reasonably do I guess~~

I’m sure that Blanc will be really happy to see this one, Lisia! And for a first drawing, this is pretty incredible.
Thank you!!! I don't think I could have envisioned myself doing something like... actually making stuff like this?? Until I, started, I guess, and, I'm just happy that it looks okay at least LOL. Reference pictures help a lot thankfully~ (also you were right, I'm super glad she's happy with it!!!)
Heck, just for anyone’s drawing, it’s really good. And the subject matter is kawaii~, which always helps!
YES that's like... the main thing I want to do!! Much like what I write, my preferences in art center on cute things (morbid things can be cute, too, even if I don't think I'll ever draw anything like that I can certainly enjoy it!!)
One could call the shading simple, maybe, but it’s also really effective in its simplicity, I think, giving it a visually satisfying monochrome look that matches well with the colors you’ve chosen. You should really be proud of yourself with all of this, I think! You almost make me want to get out a pen or stylus and draw something myself, haha.
Why not?! Any art is good to see, I think~~ and I guess it's kind of the only shading I know how to do semieffectively LOL. I have a looooooooooooooong ways to go ofc
Keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing more from you!
You will see more! Including right now!! But thank you!!!

Baku is right!! I know I’ve already been doting on your art but you are learning SO fast and it shows!!
THANK YOU... I appreciate it more than you know..... and I hope I can continue to learn at a nice rate like this too!! It helps that I really enjoy this too, that facilitates it I think!
(Even the highlights are soooo crisp) I really should’ve added a defining accessory to Meidi, but you made her smile stand out on its own!!
The reference picture had kind of a frown... it was cute anyways, but I wanted to have her be happy! I wonder if she could have, like, a small ribbon or maybe a bell (a Soothe Bell?) on the top of her fur...
I’m happy you’re going to post your art here from here on out!

I’ll be rooting for you and yelling really loud!!!
THANK YOU... your motivation fuels me soooooooooooo much and I'm proud to say that you're the reason I started! (thank you very very much!!) I wanted to make things as cute as neesan does... and I have a long ways to go, and I'm acutely aware of that, but I think that if I keep learning and keep drawing and keep having fun with it, I'll someday get close to your level!! (but not pass it LOL) You raise me up so high!!!

Sooooo... once Christmas comes around, I'm going to have a new way to draw! And like, actual drawing software. It's not an actual drawing tablet or anything (maybe next year if I can find a cheap one?), but I'll have a real way to draw, and I think that'll help a lot more. I already have a stylus/pen that'll work with it thankfully, so... I hope to get even better with the help of new ways to do things too!!!

Until next time! (tonight or tomorrow probably LOL)

More kawaii~, haha! The super-distinct brushstrokes actually look really interesting here, I think! I also see a bit of a soft-focus look as well; is that a filter being used there? In any case, it gives the whole thing a somewhat sketchy kind of look, if that makes sense, not just with the line work but with everything, really. Even the white outline around Eevee gives it that kind of cute cut-out sketchbook quality, actually. All in all, a very interesting and pleasing work here! (And again, very kawaii.)

Sylveon pastel drawing!! 12/13/22
  • Staff
Against my better opinion, I have another drawing here!! It's a Sylveon! I wanted to try to have various colors and blend them and I kind of did it I guess LOL. That set of lessons was with pastels and blending, which was really fun! That being said, I think I like standard... lines better? like what I did in my Meidi drawing?

HNI_0083.JPG

oh god looking at it like this makes me not want to post it LMAO, but well, uhmmmm, uhmmmm, uhmmmm, uhh, (I'm not looking for validation I'm just embarrassed LOL), I hope to one day look back on this and smile or something

I guess it's good that I'm figuring out what my strong suits are, and what they aren't? I guess? And I'm realizing some of the limitations of the Art Academy engine too, especially because it's on a smaller screen sometimes you can't catch the weird imperfections, like with what happened around the edges a little. More to learn! I have a loooooooooooooong ways to go after all!!

I'm going to draw an Altaria soon, I think...!

More kawaii~, haha! The super-distinct brushstrokes actually look really interesting here, I think! I also see a bit of a soft-focus look as well; is that a filter being used there?
nope LOL. the picture itself was naturally low-quality? for now, I'm making all of these through a 3DS, soooooo, they're not going to be extra crisp~ (and thank you for your comment!)

You shouldn’t be embarrassed at all, Lisia! What you have here is wonderful, and I concur with @Torchic W. Pip that those colors are very well suited to some lovely blending. Even if this final result here may not have been exactly what you might’ve envisioned, at the very least you have the experience and fun of it all, which perfectly valuable by itself! And in any case, the subject is most definitely very kawaii~, as Syvelon always are.

I’ll be looking forward to seeing how that Altaria turns out, haha!

I didn't expect to make a post here so soon, but....!

First of all! Pokémon Art Academy is my most played game on my 3DS LMAO... 43 hours and 7 minutes!!

But! I wanted to try something different, and well, to explain:

Pokémon Art Academy teaches you how to draw Pokémon in different styles, and has step-by-step guides on drawing them. So you do your reference shapes, pencil, ink, color, shade, etc!

But I wanted to draw my Altaria, Aria! And there's no Altaria lesson...

So I used an image of Altaria from Bulbapedia, and tried my very best to make something nice, without any instructions!

And... I think it worked out nicely! The lack of layering was actually kind of annoying this time around, I'll be very happy to switch to actually drawing software with layers and that sort of thing soon enough!!

But here!!

IMG_9534.JPG

I'm very happy with how I blended the cloud wings... I used pastels for it, at varying opacities, and smudged them together too. I hope they look fluffy enough!!!!!

So for my first... I guess, drawing done, of my own will? I'm happy with it! There's a lot I could have done better, (the eyes particularly felt weird, as does the head shape a little? and i could have blended it more too i think) but well, I'm glad I got this done~~

alolan raichu! 12/19/22
Guess what!!? I have... made my first drawing using Procreate! (on my phone, not ideal but better than a 3DS! LOL) It is of Alolan Raichu because that's what I wanted to do~~

804FEB01-A1B9-4ABC-829D-72880777136B.jpeg

My favorite part is the starry brush I used LOL. I think I did okay in this one!!! Although the belly shading was kind of hard... at least I'm learning I hope!! (also edit, I have a drawing stylus! nothing fancy or anything, but it does its job~~)

Last edited:
Hey! My favorite part is how you were able to get that squeaky look on its ears and tail. Or it at least it looks squeaky to me; was that the intent? I also kind of see the sparkles as something of a little tribute to its pre-evo (because “pika-pika” means sparkle, right?), or at least you could see it that way. I wonder if, that too, might have been your intent?

Anyways, nice work on a new tool, Lisia! And especially on a phone which, personally, I’d think would actually be worse on a 3DS without a something like a stylus to help you with, but don’t listen to me, haha. Art Academy is cute, but it looks like you’re upgrading to the next level here! I look forward to seeing what else you can accomplish with this new setup!

new year's altaria, 2023!
iiiiiii got a drawing tablet for Christmas, yay!

so uh, my first drawing i did on it...

was another altaria LOL. i have a feeling that altaria like that are going to be my 'default sketch' or something, but that's probably not a bad thing? something cute and quick!

altarialisia.jpg

she is saying 'happy new year'! (also the clouds being kind of messy and escaping from the outlines is on purpose, i want them to look kind of wispy?) also also! the red/white scarf is because of this song contest that happens in new year's in japan, called the 'red and white song contest'! and altaria can sing, so, it works i hope..?

that's it for now i guess? i want to focus on varied things from now on, not just... altaria? esp people i want to get started on that!

Ah, this is a pretty good Altaria, Lisia! And a definite improvement over your last one, haha. My favorite part here is probably the shading on its clouds on the bottom, which is quite beautiful. I also enjoy the entire blue color scheme, really, with the stars in the background especially making for quite the serene celestial atmosphere. And even the text stands out nicely with that brush you used, haha, and again more blue in a particularly nice shade. Very nice, and very kawaii~ as always; keep it up!

I'm back again? I finished something else!
I feel as though I'm working through my favorite Pokémon for drawing really... soon enough I'll try to actually, do people I guess? That'll be harder... but I'll eventually figure it out?

So... Jirachi! (the eyes feel weird to me lol) (oh god I should have shaded the body more) (it kind of feels 'off' but oh well i guess (not proud))

jirachi!!.jpg

A lot of the things I've done seem to have stars and the moon and stuff as backgrounds. That's on purpose! The stars and moon are special...

(@Blanc hi neesan.. I know you'll see this anyways but you wanted me to let you know when I finished this! thank you for hanging out with me and cheering me on while watching me try this out.. hopefully it can happen soon again i hope!)

Last edited:
OUGHHH I HAVEN’T GOTTEN TO YELL HERE PROPERLY!! ( NEESAN SAYS HELLO BACK) Once again Lisia proves to be the STRONGEST little sister even in art!!! You already have such an awesome grasp of color and contrast, the Jirachi is suuuper cute! We should do a little art collab at some point where we color each other’s work!

As usual I LOVE your Altaria, you’re super good at the fuwafuwa…!! I wanna bury my face in one… I can’t wait to see what else you make on your new art ‘tablet’ and program!! Pokemon Art Academy definitely helped you improve fast!!

tatsugiri (january 14, 2023)
Something a little more lighthearted this time!!

I decided to draw a Tatsugiri? Then had an idea to put it in a fishbowl for no reason?

Tatsugiri sometimes look very, disapproving? So I guess I just thought it'd be kind of silly like this!

... I don't know how to draw fishbowls though LOL.

OUGHHH I HAVEN’T GOTTEN TO YELL HERE PROPERLY!! ( NEESAN SAYS HELLO BACK) Once again Lisia proves to be the STRONGEST little sister even in art!!! You already have such an awesome grasp of color and contrast, the Jirachi is suuuper cute! We should do a little art collab at some point where we color each other’s work!
UWAAAA neesan is sooooooooo kind......, thank you.. (HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Like I said to you while we were saying hi before a bit ago, I don't know exactly what I'm doing? I just try to use my magic and sometimes it works LOL...... at least you said that it's the usual process LMAO.. neesan gives me courage!!

And I'd love to do that kind of thing also OMG it sounds soooooo fun...!! I will be sure to remind you sometime!!!!!
As usual I LOVE your Altaria, you’re super good at the fuwafuwa…!! I wanna bury my face in one… I can’t wait to see what else you make on your new art ‘tablet’ and program!! Pokemon Art Academy definitely helped you improve fast!!
it is all thanks to you!!! Really!!!!!!! I SCREAM AND YELL... and I hope I can keep on improving more and more tooooooo!!

I've said this before, but I've been wanting to figure out drawing people (then chibis)! So I've been watching some YouTube guides on that kind of thing! Hopefully soon there'll be more variation in what I draw?

oshawott! 1/18/23
A drawing where one thing led to another!!

It's an Oshawott this time, and I wanted to actually kind of put it in a familiar place to me? My family sometimes goes to this small seaside town in Oregon (the state below us!) called Cannon Beach, and I have a few memories from there? (there is a big rock and a LOT of crabs...)

Here (in the Pacific Northwest) the beaches are usually all rocky. And wet. And cold! The water is cold too! But it's actually SUPER beautiful that way! Gray skies...

But sooooo..,

oshawott!!.jpg

I did it?

It was fun! Hii Oshawott! (he is relaxing)

I've said this before, but I've been wanting to figure out drawing people (then chibis)! So I've been watching some YouTube guides on that kind of thing! Hopefully soon there'll be more variation in what I draw?
hopefully soon!!

That sky looks absolutely beautiful there, Lisia. I can almost smell the rain-filled air already, haha, and I practically feel like I’m there. Although maybe that’s partially because that kind of imagery really sticks out in my mind for some reason, especially when I’ve been in the middle of that kind of environment many times before. It’s just striking, you know?

While I kind of wondered where Oshawott’s legs went for a while there, haha, they look pretty cute as your Pokémon tend to do, even with their rather perhaps… too relaxed pose here, haha. Hope their Water typing makes them used to all of that rain that’s coming! (I kid, of course…)

Other things that are good here? The sand doesn’t really look like sand, to be honest, but it does makes me wonder what it is, and it also does match very well with the rest of the image and helps contribute to its atmosphere. As do the birds (Pokémon? Wingull? Something, haha) flying in the distance. And that shell that Oshawott’s holding has some low-key nice shading on it, too; you can barely see it, but it’s there and it really shows how good you’ve become with that.

Probably the only thing I’d wish for is more shading on Oshawott themselves, in a way that makes them blend in more with the soft feeling of the rest of the drawing (maybe less of an outline would help with that, too?).

All in all, you should be very proud of this, I think. This may be your best work yet. I’ll be looking forward to your next, as usual!

Back
Top Bottom