• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

lisia's doodlegarden

aria and joltik, for neesan 1/24/23
IMG_1223.jpg

Aaaand!

On a whim yesterday (I'm getting faster at drawing things I think!), I decided to break free from my unproductivity and draw something!

This was kind of inspired by a scene from my fic (of ghosts, idols, conductors, and haunted washing machines)! At the end, I had Emmet's Galvantula (in a tiny Emmet hat!) basically, perch on Emmet's head? (i accidentally wrote 'Eelektross' though LOL...)

Anyways anyways, this is, one of Emmet's (headcanonical) Joltik flying around with Lisia's very own Altaria! (hii Aria!!)

The fic's basic premise (the duo of Emmet and Lisia) was inspired by none other than my very incredible and very very amazing big sister @Blanc. She really loves Emmet, and my name (and favorite character) is Lisia, so... I kind of had to do it right? I thought it'd be cute...​

So!! Anyways this is, well, for her. (hi neesan!)
i know that you're busy having fun in england so you won't see this for a bit, but i do hope it's worthy of your praise!! you're very very amazing..
i miss you very, VERY VERY much but i hope you're having the most fun ever there!!! that would make me happy...
i've been trying to repay you and say 'thank you' in a lot of different ways lately, and this is one thing i've been wanting to do for a while.
thank you so much for everything you've done for me :)
アリアちゃんがバチュルと高くところに行っているように、あたしは姉さんのことを高いところに連れて行きたい。いつもいつも、あたしの全人生の最高の人になってくれて本当にありがとう!姉さんがあたしの人生に来た瞬間から、未来がすっごくすっごく明るくなってきた。。。
あたしの第一の生き続きたい理由なの。これでありがとう!♡

655BEDB6-4EF5-4C90-BFD1-8598E9D60B42.jpeg

Behold? LOL... I had a lot of fun making this. The power of love!! And, lately I've been learning that shading is hard, but I guess I'll get through it?

I guess, that's just about it. :)

Thank you.

Last edited:
wooper weezer 2/6/22
a big switch from the above LOL...

my anti-drawing brainworms were in full force this past week, but last night and today i made something! (it is very silly)

so, you know the blue album by that one band weezer? the one that has a lot of memes? (it looks like this) so, imagine that.... but wooper.

just about the silliest thing ever but like... it's kind of funny.

obligatory 'i am figuring out how to draw people' LOL.. hopefully i can draw a bit more in the coming weeks now that my feeling not good has (mostly) went away!

jumpluff+altaria combo, 3/10/23
I don't really have any traditional artwork to show off to everyone here (although i DID do some art stuff!), but I did do something silly this morning..

it's a jumpluff+altaria combo! i recently learned about jumpluff and thought it looked cute, so my first instinct was... to do this LOL. it took a little while but i think it turned out nicely enough? i just had to connect the two pictures and recolor and make adjustments and that kind of thing!

no new art quite yet, but I should be doing some more stuff soonish! and i will show it off!! yes!

Last edited:
Have I really not posted here yet? what is my life
Love your art as always Lisia. The aerial perspective on your piece with Aria and Joltik is great!! Also the portrait of Oshawott on the beach is my favorite, I feel like I've been on very similar wet rocky beaches before lol.
I agree your skills are improving super quickly! Plus I can see you developing your own style already. Looking forward to whatever you create next :bulbaLove:

An update! And Oricorio and friends on the beach??
Ahoy! I swear I've been drawing every once in a while! Well, all of it (actually it was like one thing only I think) has been things I won't show here (because they were for someone cough cough) but!! I think I'm wanting to start drawing more and more again—that's how I'll get better, anyways, and I've been inspired by that same someone working really hard on their own art (even if it's been under a bit of duress), so I figured that... I guess this is one of the ways I'll support them? (that might not make much sense, but i hope it does somehow, at least to them but at any rate more art soon hopefully with actual people as well)

Anyways!!

OH NO TAIHEN the filesize is too large and I refuse to compress it, I will embed it from my Tumblr then...?

I'm starting to get the hang of shading I think! I still... don't like doing it at all, but I think I'm a bit better at it than before. I used some new brushes here as well because more variety is good I guess! Oricirio is sparkly..

And getting back to a comment (hello Oki!)

Plus I can see you developing your own style already. Looking forward to whatever you create next :bulbaLove:
IT'S ACTUALLY REALLY FUNNY YOU SAY THIS because lately I've been like... pondering exactly that?? like I have ZERO idea as to what my style would be however I guess I'll come to see it in time? At any rate, I'm glad you enjoyed what I've had so far lol.

And another comment (HII NEECHAN!)

LMAO LISIA THAT PHOTOSHOP!!! Your art is steadily improving!! I think the Pokemon Art Academy app you were working on was very good practice!! (THE WOOPER/WEEZER PARODY IS CUTE TOO LMAO!!) You are becoming the best altaria (fuwafuwa?) artist yet... KEEP POSTING YOUR CUTE POKEMON!!
I THINK IT WAS TOO! It taught me A LOT! Your cheering keeps me going more than anything, I started drawing because of you and well I'm doing it now because of you still! I promise I will keep on posting more and more frequently, I have very very much to learn but... drawing a lot is great for learning, I remember talking with you about that once! More fuwafuwa soon probably! (i have been thinking about making a gijinka for aria but i realized that it's basically just oras!lisia LOL) THANK YOU ALWAYS!!♡

None of my art is perfect, or honestly even that great(?), but I really like doing this, and I know I'll get even better as time goes on, too. Probably? LMAO

Anyways...

shuppatsu shinkou! (i need a catchphrase of my own lately i've been stealing this from you neechan LOL)

I'm starting to get the hang of shading I think! I still... don't like doing it at all, but I think I'm a bit better at it than before. I used some new brushes here as well because more variety is good I guess! Oricirio is sparkly..
You're definitely improving, Lisia!! The Oricorio looks so cute!! And I love the little ':3' faces on the alolan exeggutors! You're improving much more than you think! Honestly, it's hard to be totally satisfied with a piece, I for one, am rarely ever satisfied with what I draw. My hot tip is look for things you think you did well in every piece! You will improve little by little, you got this!

shuppatsu shinkou! (i need a catchphrase of my own lately i've been stealing this from you neechan LOL)
hehehehe soon you too will be a subway master!

So ADORABLE!! I'm such a massive fan of this, so happy and expressive!

first summer drawing! christmas scene 'christmas 2009', 7/15/23
Oftentimes when I don't know what I want to draw, I usually end up going to Bulbapedia, and spamming the 'random page' button until I find a Pokémon that I'd like to draw LOL. I need to properly work on humans like I've been meaning to, so since I have much more time as of late... I'll hopefully do that.

At any rate! This one just kind of... was a collection of random little ideas and such that ended up becoming one cohesive scene, which I thought was really nice. I gave it the arbitrary title of 'Christmas 2009', really just on a whim. I do not remember a lot from my early childhood and certainly not... then? I guess? (i got a wii and played it to death and back) But I guess I just thought it was a nice title, and maybe that's just fine???

Finally!! I experiment with positioning and perspective in this one LOL. Although shadowing is still a bit of a struggle sadly? I think that my Art History classes for college helped me to understand a little more about art, and now that I'll be taking a proper drawing course this next fall, I hope to get even better in that regard. I'm getting the sense that as long as I keep on drawing, I should be able to improve much more, which is easier said than done... but it's a process I'm willing to go through!!

And now responding to very nice comments!!!
I love the Exeggutor’s expressions!!!
fun fact i CANNOT draw photorealistic faces and such very well, so sticking with more cartoony, almost ditto-like(? lol) facial expressions feels a bit safer at least for now... i'm glad it wasn't horrible though, thanks torchic!!

So ADORABLE!! I'm such a massive fan of this, so happy and expressive!
And thank you!! I already said thanks in your intro thread but really, I appreciate it! Hope to see you and your art around o7

(last but very much so not least!!)

My hot tip is look for things you think you did well in every piece!
I need to put this in my notes too! I have a small list of art tips from you LOL... thank you very very much for your cheering as always — I'm super glad that I can count on it despite my apparent inexperience and all of the visible shortcomings it brings... we all start somewhere!

hehehehe soon you too will be a subway master!
I will try my best!!! いつもありがとう♡

MORE ART SOON PROBABLY!!! LOL

Last edited:
hisashiburi change of pace!! mountain ref drawings 11/28/23
It's been a looooooong while... much too long, I think!! LOL.

Life busyness and mental hardship has made it a bit hard for me to feel motivated to get out my tablet to draw stuff properly (not to mention my learning clip studio paint out)... but I have actually been drawing!

So currently at college, one of the classes I'm taking, is a beginner drawing course! ...I'm catching up on a lot of the coursework currently because motivation is hard to come by at times. Thankfully, they're very understanding with latework stuff and I always make sure to put my full effort in my work, but at any rate I've been having lots and lots of fun with the course itself. (Sadly, they're not offering an intermediate course next quarter... maybe in the spring, I guess?)

So for this current one, we had to do four sketches of a place (or various places), with reference pictures taken by ourselves — that all showcased perspective in some way. It took me a little while to really come to a conclusion in terms of like, what exactly I wanted to draw. So I dug through my camera roll, and saw that there were a bunch of pictures of the IRL active volcano 'mountain' that's really close to me, so I decided to go for that.

So that's all I want to share LOL. After this we're apparently going to be doing one of the sketches full-size (my choice on which), soooo... that'll be fun? If it turns out well I might share here LOL.

CFEE0E98-F2D9-48CC-A936-765427F7F324.jpeg

394B19E8-7D85-41AA-BF71-0FE1E5DDD866.jpeg

They're pretty rough around the edges in some parts LOL... I exaggerated some features of the landscape because I have the Artistic License (tm) to do so. Besides they're just sketches, anyways, so I'm wanting to hopefully save my extra effort for making the real thing look nice?

This is a nice change of pace, I hope! I really like drawing with pencil, actually, it's quite calming LOL... that's all!

mountain drawings (art class)! 12/1/23
After this we're apparently going to be doing one of the sketches full-size (my choice on which), soooo... that'll be fun? If it turns out well I might share here LOL.
What does it tell you about me that I'm posting this here before I turn it in to my professor...? LOL

We were allowed to take artistic license with the pics we took, which is why there is... a train here. The area I took pictures in actually does have trains run through it frequently (right by my house actually!), but the reference picture I took did not have a train at the moment. Whateeevs~

(you should be able to see the very edge of the tracks here!)

0DD8D820-5E60-4639-AA6D-CC6978673F58.jpeg

ED5A0081-6229-479F-A561-3820BCD25923.jpeg

Landscapes are fun! For a beginner like me, they're the easiest thing I can feel confident about doing LOL.

I kind of hope I continue doing this kind of thing once I complete the class, honestly...

Wow, your landscapes are so pretty Lisia! I hope your professor likes it!

(We got a free choice art project for school and I took my opportunity to draw my verse characters lol… it has to be a winter scene we have memories in so I used a cool sledding hill near my school I go a lot and drew them there)

art class final project! 'karasu to ahiru-sama' 12/6/23
I feel like I'm a bother updating this thread so frequently Q_Q... but those days will be over soon LOL. That sounds a bit too self-deprecating, but, well, it is what it is ahaha. I hope I can take a class like the one I've been doing again!

So I got my final for the class done! It was essentially a 'do whatever you want, as long as it shows you've learned stuff' type of thing. So I tried to do a still life?

Here's the little posing thingy I did? Just of random decorations I found around the house LOL, nothing too special. The paper on the right was for me to figure out what the shadows were like easier?

546D9071-ABFD-446A-944C-CE81362AF67C.jpeg

937352CA-0D39-477B-82AE-E411E8C69AD0.jpeg

Surprisingly enough(?), the books were the hardest part! Layering 3D objects on top of another is at times a little tough, I've learned. It was a bit frustrating! Then again, that also may have been because didn't eat until I got the drawing done, which was around dinnertime for me. ごめん、姉ちゃん!ʕº̫͡ºʔ

Soooo... there's that? I think I'll need to make a habit of drawing more, honestly! Hopefully through my older sister's art prompts here ehehe...

Until next time! ...Next time will hopefully not be for a little while LMAO. And thank you to everyone who's been so kind in commenting! I'm not the greatest, I'll be the first to tell you that, but it's still nice to hear anyways???? (^.^)/~~~

Back
Top Bottom