• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lisia's Tea Castle + Railcar!

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
hiya hiya!

welcome to my teatime railcar... i'm glad you made it!!

i have really no idea if this will be something i use frequently. and maybe it'd be best for a variation of this to go in OtB? i might just move this there myself soon. but for now...

this is a spot where, as i'm sure you guessed, i'll be talking about tea!! i am a really big fan of the 'drink genre'(?) of tea, and well, i'd love to discuss it here!! i probably have lots to say LOL.

feel free to make yourself a cup of tea while reading if you'd like... and feel free to chime in if you'd like to as well!

*シュッシュッ〜*

乗船してくださ〜い!出発進行!

Lisia's Tea Castle
  • Staff
Where to begin...

I, uhmmmm... have a bit of a... backlog, let's say? Of tea. And if you don't believe me when I say that there's so, so, so much, please look at these horrific pictures (mug + honey for scale).

Welcome to... Lisia's Tea Castle?

95148DB5-A600-4AF9-B0D3-0243B1C82F18.jpeg

0C5F0E00-1AFF-41D6-B4E1-3FC713CB0B31.jpeg

...Do you believe me now?

Most of my collection thus far is made up of herbal tea — I prefer green and black tea much, much more than herbal tea, but for the longest time, herbal tea was my only option due to my living in a Mormon household. Mormons can't drink coffee nor tea. This... has historically been a problem for me LOL.

But as of late!! Things have loosened up for me in that regard, at least for tea, and I'm mostly able to enjoy my favorite kinds of tea?

Herbal tea is... okay, honestly it's a bit of a hit-or-miss thing! I find it best in flavors with a heavy emphasis on ginger, citrusy, or flowery flavors, but I don't like it in berry or... 'gimmick-y' flavors like peppermint. I really like mint as a flavor, too, and I wish I could find a good peppermint tea... Bigelow is my favorite herbal tea brand, as they feel the most consistent to me. I also really love how they package their bags in foil lining for optimum freshness, and the strings tied to their teabags makes things much more convenient...

My heart, however, lies with green tea specifically. It's extremely versatile! I... do wish that it had less caffeine though, and I do try to get decaffeinated tea when I'm able to, as I really enjoy the experience of tea but not so much the caffeine part of it... I'm the exact same with coffee as well.

Lately I've been drinking (decaf) chai black tea with a bit of milk, and oh my god... it's really great! I actually really like it chilled, too, funnily enough?

Tea breakdown in above pictures:

✧21 different types of tea
✧8 of which are herbal
✧13 of which are either black or green teas

I actually recieved the tiny pyramid-shaped boxes yesterday! At first glance I thought they were herbal and was a bit disappointed, but much to my happiness and surprise they are all actually either black or green teas (mixed with other flavorings)! I'm currently drinking some of the plain green tea that came with it... it's nice. Each pyramid comes with 8 teabags so... well, I usually put in about 2 per drink so about 4 different teatimes? Hooray...

But yes! I plan on doing small reviews of each brand and type and such, so I hope to see you there~

出発進行!!

woah new lisia blog :yay:

AHA a fellow Bigelow fan I see. I was actually just wondering about that spiced chai recently, it's good to know that you liked it!
When it comes to spicy I mostly go for Constant Comment (and I think I tried their Vanilla Chai once?), but having it decaf sounds like it would be really nice just as a nighttime chill sort of drink. (I've also never seen that cranberry one before and I'm cautiously intrigued)

You've clearly got a lot to get through already so you probably do not need any more recommendations lol, but have you ever tried their Chamomile Mango herbal tea I wonder? :hmm: I know you said you're not into berry flavors; I would assume that includes fruity too, but the mango flavor in it is super light and smooth (it doesn't have any of that weird overpowering tartness that some berry/fruit-flavored tea can have). I don't usually like chamomile myself but I still thought it was really good.

I will be eagerly awaiting your reviews >:)
Oh and I bet @Hawthorn has some tea opinions locked and loaded too

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom