• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

lisia's workshop one-review-a-day challenge blog!! (requests... OPEN!)

intro + rules + review backlog / list
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
I hope the name of this blog is self-explanatory enough for you!!

But this is part of my little goal to get more reviews happening in the Workshop -- my hope is that by reviewing one story per day, I'll be able to encourage others to also review stories, too... maybe we could start a review chain or something ehehe. I also just want to interact with what we have here as well, because there's a lot of great writing around!

The rules are simple, but basically:

Every night, I'll write a review for a fic of my choosing, and post it in the fic's thread. Then, I'll put down a synopsis of the fic (or chapter, if it's a long chapter fic) I chose to review and my brief thoughts on it, and leave a link to my full review of the fic itself in this thread! I'll try my bestest to do one every night, but I'll probably forget or be busy sometimes -- please forgive me in advance when it happens!

You're welcome to request your fic to be reviewed, but I do have some ground rules for that, please!!

✧Pokémon fics only, please! I don't want to read or review fics I won't be able to appreciate as much as I could in the event it's for something I don't know about.
✦Please don't spam asking for a review if I've already reviewed one of your works within the past week or so.
✧Please be aware I may close my review submissions if I have some fics that I'm already wanting to take a look at.
✦Please(!!!) specify if you want constructive criticism or not!!! If you don't specify, I will default to constructive criticism.
Please don't ask me to review any Mature-rated fics. I'm very delicate and most of the time don't want to interact with any of the content warnable in them -- special exceptions may be made for works with violence in them, but that'll something I would like to decide for myself. If you know me well, you're welcome to message me about any exceptions, but that'll only be if I'm following you here, please and thank you.
Please note that death is a trigger for me -- if your work contains themes of it, you're welcome to ask if I can review it still, but please please please let me know so I'll be forewarned for it. If you don't do that, I may ask you to not post in this thread anymore.
Please note that I reserve the right to not honor any requests for whatever reason -- if you're unsure as to why I ignore a request, you're welcome to PM me, and I'll try to explain. I'm fine with reading works that aren't 'my taste', but... this is my blog, you know? Thanks for understanding in advance...
✦As for my preferences, I'm okay with anything up to Teen-rated fics, but prefer to avoid super dark themes whenever possible, though don't let that stop you from giving me something sadder! Happy and fluffier fics are my favorite, and I'm more than happy to read ship stuff -- extra points if it's platonic pairings ehehe... I like character-driven stories a lot, especially slowburn relationships, and don't enjoy battle-centric works or journeyfics as much in comparison.

I thiiiiink that's everything...?

My backlog will be listed... here!

Luceat Lux Vestra, by @silurica (18 chapters, 批判しないリマインダー)
Hydro's drabbles, by @Hydrogenium (~5 chapters)
Where The Wind Blows, by @Railgun

And the list of what I've already reviewed will be in this spoiler.

Karaoke date (ish) night - 3/12/2024 (night 1) - mastermind lissi
summertime valentine - 3/13/2024 (night 2) - guzmania
Flower - 3/14/2024 (night 3) - hydrogenium (drabble)
Pokemon: The Threat to the Multiverse - 3/20/2024 (night 4, missed six days...) - Phantom345
Untitled Sinnoh WIP - 3/21/2024 (night 5) - Audrelite
fics go here...! - date here - author here✦

Thanks for reading, and for helping me to read more, too!! Looking forwards to see how this goes!! Starting tomorrow~

Last edited:
Hi! Sorry if it’s too early or anything but can I please request my one shot fic i did a bit ago?
Karaoke date (ish) night
Sorry if you wanted something a bit longer but I’d like to get a review on this! (It’s rated everyone and it’s just a bunch of kids hanging out with a bit of fluffy ship) (oh and I forgot to mention but it’s my verses boutique shipping)

As for the constructive criticism, I’m ok with it but please not too much because I start questioning myself even if the criticism was well intentioned.

Well, thanks in advance if you do this! (And sorry if it’s not what you were looking for)

Night 1: 'Karaoke date (ish) night I a Kalos boutiqueshipping oneshot', by mastermind lissi
  • Staff
First fic I chose to review was the one that @mastermind lissi shared above! I think now I'll find some fics I've had my eyes on to properly place in my backlog for the next few days, because I wasn't really in the mood to look for anything specific tonight.

Karaoke date (ish) night is a pretty short one shot featuring the Kalos canon friendgroup hanging out with a little bit of romantic plot in there -- it's written with youthful vigor, I think I'll say, and it has some fun silly parts in there because of that. Some grammar issues are abound, but if you're able to look past them, you may like this story if you're in the mood for expressive dialogue, or like the pairing of Serena and Shauna in particular.

Here's the link to my review: Karaoke date (ish) night I a Kalos boutiqueshipping oneshot

And with that, I hope to post tomorrow night as well. o/

Night 2: 'summertime valentine', by guzmania
  • Staff
Second fic! Surprise surprise, I'm not doing this super late at night for once.

This time I reviewed the first chapter of @guzmania's new summertime valentine, a shipfic between Lacey (from the newest games) and Whitney (from Johto). It's only just starting out, so they don't actually meet in this first chapter, but I found hearing Lacey's thoughts within the prose more than enough to keep me entertained -- she's one of my favorite characters now, and I personally found her to be written quite nicely... Lacey's interactions and relationships with her friends from the Elite Four are pretty easy to follow, even if you're not familliar with them as much, and it's easy to get a 'feel' for how she feels about everyone, even without it being outright stated at times. I like slowburn stuff quite a bit, so I have a feeling that this'll be something I come back to once a new chapter is out.

If you're in the mood for (maybe?) some comedic moments intersped with a slowburn romance, or if you want to follow a chaptered work from the start, I'd reccomend you this fic!

I think I'll start filling out my backlog, now... o/

Night 3: 'Flower', a drabble by Hydrogenium
  • Staff
Third fic! Almost didn't do this tonight, but looks like we're in the clear!!

This time I reviewed one of @Hydrogenium's drabbles, Flower. It's quite short, but it's a drabble after all, so that's to be expected. Flower a small slice-of-life story about Whitney (we are on a two-day Whitney fic streak, hooray!) looking for a gift for Roxanne (hint: the gift is flowers). I really liked how down-to-earth it felt, and it just felt very competently written -- I think you may want to look at his whole drabble collection, really, but if you're in the mood for a rarepair, or something quite short (that is also quite cute), you've found your fic for the night!

I'll try to go for something more substantial tomorrow night.

Night 4: 'Pokemon: The Threat to the Multiverse', by Phantom345
  • Staff
I forgot, sort of!!! I've been spending my past few nights working on college finals, sadly... but I made sure to come back ahaha! Apologies, this will undoubtedly happen again LOL...

Dusts off the table... tonight I reviewed something by @Phantom345, who asked for feedback on his fic, Pokemon: The Threat to the Multiverse. It's his first fic ever, and it's nice we're the host for it ahaha! If you like journeyfics, you might want to check this out -- we were all beginner writers at some point, so helping to encourage those of us who're newer to the craft is always a great thing to do! I could never do a journeyfic because it feels like there's so many variables to making one, but those who take on the challenge are ambitious in their own right, which is great ahaha.

See you next time✧

Night 5: Untitled Sinnoh WIP by Audrelite
  • Staff
Fourth fic -- maybe a bit unorthodox given this was (at least for now) located in our BulbaBlogs area, but wow, I genuinely enjoyed this quite a bit.

@Audrelite is a newcomer to our garden, but absolutely not to writing, it seems! She posted this untitled WIP from a few months ago in a BulbaBlog only three hours ago, so I reviewed it. It's a bit short, but the amount of detail that's packed in the prose itself more than makes up for that -- she's quite talented at painting detailed descriptions, I've found! I won't spoil too much given this is a shorter piece, but I will say that I found the idea of one of the Sinnoh game protags becoming an astrophysicist of all things very fitting. Please check this out, I wholeheartedly recommend it to you!

Finally done with my finals for this quarter of college... hopefully that means I can put more of my efforts into reviewing, as well? See you later~

Waddles in quack quack

Could I request a review of Patito? I've been considering going back and editing it a bit, so I'd like some fresh eyes on it. Gentle critique on character stuff, language stuff, and worldbuilding, as well as suggestions on how to fix/change things, is welcome!

It's rated TEEN for vomiting, hospitalization, child abandonment and references to childhood trauma, mentions of dysfunctional family and mental illness, mentions of crime and injury, some profanity, discussions of fertility, pregnancy, and fertility issues. It's probably an EVERYONE, because a lot of the stuff is filtered through the eyes of a child, so I might change the rating lol.

If the warnings are too much, I can provide an alternative: Five Reasons For You, Five Reasons For Me doesn't have anything I can think of. It's a little two-sentence collection fic about Wallace and Winona's developing feelings for each other.

Would you mind awfully reviewing a Chapter of either of my fics: Coltar the Prophecy (main story) or alternatively Coltar: Escaping his Shadows (short story) please, if you are still doing this.

I warn you now, both of my fics are rated Teen - and Death is mentioned in both. It is a much more prevelant thing in Coltar the Prophecy (as one of my main cast will have to deal with the impact of it). There are other uncomfortable social topics too, and mentions and implications of abuse.

If you aren't comfortable doing so, I understand.

Back
Top Bottom