• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

List all the nonsense things in the anime.

SonansuMan

That's the way it is.
Reaction score
List a ridiculous thing you've seen in the anime. This includes Battles, performances, TRio, and anything else.

Images are quite useful for this thread.

I'll start:

In "Princess vs. Princess", once Beroringa gets defeated by Koduck, it gets sent rolling on the ground slowly towards Team Rocket. It hits them, yet somehow , it not only blasts them off, but sends them up in the air, flying.

Continue with listing! :rolleyes:

Pokemon getting damaged by moves their immune to, and characters telling their Pokemon to use a move that an opposing Pokemon is immune to.

*Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon, Kabutops pretends they're ground type instead of rock and takes no damage from electric attacks.
*Pikachu losing Iron Tail VS Iron Tail (Tyson's Meowth, I think a wild Breloom, too?) fights despite his resistance.

-In DP005, Muskippa gets hit by Naetle's Tackle, he lands on TR causing an explosion, and then they blast off.
-The fact that everybody travels by blimps until BW.

Here is mine:
- Serena's crush
- Team Rocket surviving every blast off
- Team Rocket stuck around after Johto
- Brock's Onix defeated by Pikachu
- Most of Ash's fully evolved Kanto pokemon got released/given away/gone to training.
- Noibat's developed less than the other team members.
- Goodra getting released.
- Charizard costing Ash the league in Kanto.

Pokemon refusing to evolve with little to no reason as to why they want to prohibit themselves from getting stronger...

Iris's "Superhuman Powers" - That was ridiculous beyond any belief. Someone capable to read the mind… no, the heart of dragons by a simple touch? I mean, it could be somewhat believable if she was a medium or a psychic, but the whole "heart thing" was more nonsense to me.

Thunder Armor - Since when does electricity coat things in a golden armor? Even if they wanted to pull Guts, there are better ways to do so.

OHKO Sleep - Sleep Powder / Hypnosis which becomes an instant win is… bad. Just bad. And terribly cheap.

How Satoshi's never gone to school!
:whistle:

Rather, how nonsense it is having an experienced trainer traveled 6 regions and entered so many big and small tournaments, additionally one of the biggest benefactor helping Kalos to overcome a major crisis, now suddenly go to school??

It is just laughable ridiculous that the world is saved by a (literally) preschooler...... :rolleyes:

Rather, how nonsense it is having an experienced trainer traveled 6 regions and entered so many big and small tournaments, additionally one of the biggest benefactor helping Kalos to overcome a major crisis, now suddenly go to school??
Hey why not?! Lots of real life grown-ups go "back to school" even after making it big, either because they missed higher education earlier or because they want to gain expertise in a field!

Ash may have travelled multiple regions and saved the world multiple times, but he still can't do simple mathematics. And he could so with some qualifications because clearly this Pokemon thing isn't quite working for him, what with all the league defeats and all.

In all seriousness, let's wait and see a) what type of school it is and b) what reason they give for being there, before we start writing it off as ridiculous.

Psychic blasts from Mew and Mewtwo can destroy buildings but if they hit people they turn into a stone material that makes them look like their color palette was changed at the last minute to avoid showing an open-eyed corpse in a G-rated film. Also Pokemon tears can heal said stone material.

-Pokemon being incapable of being underwater even though the games beg to differ.
-I never understood how do trainers know which Pokemon is inside the Pokeball?
-How do they always travel with lots of food where do they keep it?
-How has Ash never been able to find a trainer exactly like him point for point, he has gone to many regions and no trainer thinks exactly like Ash, the one who wants to be the very best and has been to many regions and has a super strong bond to their Pokemon and travels with others like Ash.
-Will o Wisp knocked out Charizard even though it is a status move and Charizard should be immune to it.
-Do they ever even go to the bathroom, because that is something that has never been an issue for them even though once in a while in hiking/traveling there will be one of those days and never has that ever gotten in their way.

Bottom line those are issues that have been boiling in me for a long time now and yes these are very irrational to the show but those are problems I have always had with the show for not making sense there.

The Dunsparce tease - that was a bad move on the writer's part in my opinion.

The fact that Ash is still 10 years old.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom