• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

List of Generation V English names revealed: List quietly gets removed from fan sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: List of Generation V English names revealed: List quietly gets removed from fan s

Also... Golurk.

Let the memes begin.

Re: List of Generation V English names revealed: List quietly gets removed from fan s

Cofagrigus = Co fag rigus. Something tells me that TPCi is going to get a lot of shit over that.
It stems from sarcophagus, but they had to shorten it due to the 10 letter limit on names.

Also... Golurk.

Let the memes begin.

"Yes, why don't you golurk instead of posting here."

Which one is Golurk, anyway?

It stems from sarcophagus, but they had to shorten it due to the 10 letter limit on names.

I know that, but their choice of digraph was pretty horrible.

Cofagrigus = Co-fag Regis. I chortled at that.

The only ones I don't like are Woobat and Scraggy.

Co-fag Regis?

The regis are gay?

With eachother?

TPCi is in deep shit.

Co-fag Regis?

The regis are gay?

With eachother?

TPCi is in deep shit.

Well that can be another way to put the joke, but it was originally aimed at Regis Philbin.

Who's that?

He's a co-host, along with Kelly Ripa, of a Morning talk show called Live With Regis and Kelly.

Oh, to answer your question, Goruugu is Golurk, apparently.

Really guys? Gay jokes?

Cofagrigus. Sarcophagus.

Sarcophagus is pronounced "Sar-caw-fuh-gus" I can imagine Cofagrigus being pronounced as "Caw-fuh-greh-gus"

It'll be mispronounced, just like "To-To-Dile", which is actually a clever pun regarding tots but is regarded as all of the English actors for Pokemon as the dog from the Wizard of Oz in a crocodile outfit.

Wow.

No really. Wow.

Fag jokes.

Apparently we're living in 1943.

Never been more ashamed to be quite honest.

Okay, let's move on guys.

And considering they're supposed to be based off well...

Let's not go there.

It's in the air might as well say it Zuruggu is based off a inner city typical American kid African American rappers n Gangstas to be exact. Saggy pants big bad bout' to open a can of wupeass look.

It's in the air might as well say it Zuruggu is based off a inner city typical American kid African American rappers n Gangstas to be exact. Saggy pants big bad bout' to open a can of wupeass look.

You said it. Not me.

Not just African Americans you know, doesn't matter if it's the most common thing.

It'll be mispronounced, just like "To-To-Dile", which is actually a clever pun regarding tots but is regarded as all of the English actors for Pokemon as the dog from the Wizard of Oz in a crocodile outfit.

What the... I never knew that!

And here I was, blissfully and ignorantly pronouncing it "to-to-dile" like the rest of us...

Don't feel bad, I spent years trying to puzzle out the connection between terriers and crocodiles.

Anywho Bel Biance? Milk Me what a load of tauros crap. Please Please Please keep Iris's name Iris's n change Dento's to Dent n Poddo's Pod n Koon Corn come on TPCi come through in the clutch your not incompetent n Americanziatin' assholes.

Anywho Bel Biance? Milk Me what a load of tauros crap. Please Please Please keep Iris's name Iris's n change Dento's to Dent n Poddo's Pod n Koon Corn come on TPCi come through in the clutch your not incompetent n Americanziatin' assholes.

Bianca.

And trust me when I tell you that TCPi isn't going to let a main character in the Anime have the name of 'Dent.' If you can't understand why, it's for a similar reason that Isshu was unacceptable.

What's wrong with Dento? I've always preferred that to Dent.

Don't feel bad, I spent years trying to puzzle out the connection between terriers and crocodiles.

Well, we have Yorterrie and Meguroco appearing in the same region... *rimshot*

The amount of homophobia and racism in this thread is astounding

(note: not accusing anyone of anything, just noting that as a whole)

What I find more interesting than the name itself is that all of the Pokemon fan sites took down the list. What is their motivation for doing this? Are they trying to sow the seeds mistrust w/r/t the list? Discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom