• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Little things that you love in the anime

Misty-Moo

I give up
Reaction score
All those of us who love the anime, watch it for, on the whole, the same reasons. Regardless of whether we like or dislike certain characters, find some things annoying or repetitive, we want to see what happens to our heroes.

But are there also inconsequential little things that you just adore?
I love the noise Pikachu (and some other small Pokemon) makes when he runs, or jumps on and off things, I think it's really cute.

This sounds a little negative for a thread about things that one likes... but I like it when a character's Pokémon doesn't mimic the expression their Trainer does as you'd normally expect. For example, later seasons have Pikachu apologizing along with Ash when Ash's stomach growls, which is weird. But there's this one time where Ash scratched the back of his head and laughed, yet Pikachu just glanced at him with a ¬.¬ expression. It's cute when that happens.

There are really so many little things I like a lot, which is why my fav episodes are typically fillers because they have more of the basic interactions that make Pokemon so great. I really like(d) the little bits of attitude we got from Misty, May, and Dawn. I pretty much loved all the little things May did, but I guess thats a different story. I also really like when characters wink for some reason (which happened way more in the earlier days). Its also really fun to rewatch older episodes and notice how much they are influenced by the culture of the time and relive those times. I also really enjoy Pokemon with emotional problems/attitude problems, especially Ash's Chikorita, which was about as cute as it comes early on(especially in that first winter vacation she is in which is totally fabulous). I also really enjoy symmetry (this is probably unpopular) like when something from a long time ago is either referenced, revisited, or even reperformed in a new way. I just love the emotion that goes in to the anime, which is what makes me like it more than the games (which I still love of course). I could go on with a lot of other things, but that will be enough for now.

In XY Dedenne being a stupid little idiot in the bg (or foreground) has made me warm inside every time...

In Original Series and Johto, Pikachu's interaction with Togepi, Bulbasaur with Squirtle
In DP, Piplup and Pikachu, piplup and gible, chimchar's development
In XY, Clemont's Invention, Bonnie's interaction with almost all the Pokemon she meets with, Amourshipping, Ash's thinking ability......

Overall - Charizard's Flamethrower Greeting.......

The episodes focused on Team Rocket are my favorite.Also the humorous and emotional episodes make this anime worth watching. :)

When Pikachu is using thunderbolt and he says Pikaaa CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUU in a heaps harsh voice.
When Carnivine bites James' head.
Dawn's interaction's with Zoey
Buneary's interaction with Pikachu
Whatever critique Cilan has to offer
Or when Ash just be's a typical twerp, haha

the long and well animated battles, the abilities and moves, the effects the mechanics.

I love it when game mechanics are applied to the anime.
I also love it when all of the characters interact and do something in an episode.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom