• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legend of Zelda Live-Action Zelda Movie?

Reaction score
What if there was a live-action Zelda film or series of films? Would you want to see it? Which game(s) would you want it to cover? Who would you want in the cast?

Personally, I can't help but see Michael Dorn as Ganondorf and Evanna Lynch as Navi....but that's just me.

[video=youtube;HBCzkz3gHb8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBCzkz3gHb8[/video]
Its coming soon to a theater neer you, 3 years ago.

Live action? No way. Anime or regular animation? Definitely.

That trailer was awesome.
I think it'd be great if it were done right... I'm thinking the people who made The Lord of the Rings could do it. Except everything that happens during the Zelda games is way too complicated for a movie, even a long 4 hour movie. There's too many bosses, etc. They'd either need to make a really simplified version of it which just focuses on him defeating Ganon and removing most / all of the other bosses, or they'd need to make it into a series or something.

I don't think there would be a good Zelda movie today, unless it had the same quality as LOTR. There is a movie which looks like Zelda though, called Legend, with a boy, a little fairy, a princess, and a bad guy with horns, but it was made in the 80's.

Comon guys, Nintendo can make a good live-action video game movie. Remember how much of a hit the Mario Bros. movie was?

Comon guys, Nintendo can make a good live-action video game movie. Remember how much of a hit the Mario Bros. movie was?
I liked that movie. It didn't exactly stick to the games, but it explained a lot, like how Mario is able to jump and why they are known as "the Mario brothers".

I liked that movie. It didn't exactly stick to the games, but it explained a lot, like how Mario is able to jump and why they are known as "the Mario brothers".

yeah I cant hate it completly either. I didn't like how bowser was portrayed though.

Now what if the Zelda movie was in a series of films? Like it had say, "X" amount of films that correspond with a specific game. and try to be close to the proper timeline as possible.

Let us remember that Zelda's source material is more adaptation-friendly than Mario's, especially when it comes to live-action. The inherent problem doesn't lie in the material itself, but rather in Nintendo's apparent ineptitude for selecting the right people to handle the license.

So here's the question. Who, in your eyes, are the right people for the job?

I watched that trailer and it looks real good, except that some scenes look like they're from a video game. I also miss a fairy; I didn't see one. I wish there was a Zelda movie in the style of Legend, the trailer reminded me a bit of that film when I saw Link.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom