• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Localized Names

Re: English names

Aria Form and Pirouette Form? The only way anyone would know that is to have the game data itself. There is no way they would reveal that otherwise. Why would they let you know something that can only be seen in the game's data right now? Other than that, I don't think this is a good move. Pressure or not, revealing names with no official stance on the matter is dangerous.

Wow, I never knew about the pan/monkey thing. Thanks for explaining that.

I'm really curious of what they'll name Adeku.

Zen? Alright, that makes more sense to people who don't know much about Darumas. And it makes sense for what it does, too. Keeping the Daruma in the names and changing Daruma mode to something a bit more understandable to casual players is a good move.
I applaud this change.

As well as the name of Meleoetta's forms.

^yeah, and what it makes me like it is that i guessed it while playing around~!
and Pirouette too.
though i wrote it as Piruet.

I like Meloetta's forme names. :D

I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE

If you guys want to know the inspiration for the supposed forme names:

Aria Forme: Aria, any expressive melody by a singer

Pirouette: Pirouette, a controlled turn on one leg, starting with one or both legs in plié and rising onto demi-pointe or pointe.

Wow, I never knew about the pan/monkey thing. Thanks for explaining that.

I'm really curious of what they'll name Adeku.

You're welcome, and Adeku will probably have a relatively mundane name like Cynthia. Though I could easily be wrong.

As for the form names...

Zen Form is perfect, since Darmanitan kind of enters a meditative state, and its mental powers are sharpened (hence the Psychic typing). That, and Daruma dolls aren't exactly familiar to Western culture. (I personally only found out about them when Darmanitan was first revealed.)

Aria Forme and Pirouette Form are great too - like Ryu Shoji said, much better than the boring Japanese names, yet it describes them perfectly.

With all the new names released, get ready for a huge shitstorm.
I REALLY HATE THEM! SERPERIOR?! SERVINE?!?! goddamn :dumb: Just for that, Tepig is my new favorite starter

What was it about Serperior Again?

I like Serperior.

Servine, not so much. Still can't get over Tepig, that's awful. Then again, so is Ducklett.

But on the bright side, Durant just became my new favorite 5th gen Pokemon. Because I can name it Kevin.

I like Serperior.

Servine, not so much. Still can't get over Tepig, that's awful. Then again, so is Ducklett.

But on the bright side, Durant just became my new favorite 5th gen Pokemon. Because I can name it Kevin.

Good, *Relaxes Fists*
JK, but remeber People... You Can Nickname a Pokémon if you don't like their names...
i loved them all.

serperior is just...bah
servine makes him sound like a servant.

Why so serious, Darmanitan?

I didn't like Servine and Serperior at first glance, because Janovy and Jalord was a lot cooler. But now I've changed my mind.

Anyway, Samurott is made of win.

Golem is just a Golem
Seel is just a Seal
Mr. Mime is a gender-confused Mime
Ponyta is a Ponytail separated by the tail at birth
see? simple
remember: People have different Oppinions, also, you can Nickname them if you don't like their names...

Golem is just a Golem
Seel is just a Seal
Mr. Mime is a gender-confused Mime
Ponyta is a Pony with Ta in the end
see? simple
remember: People have different Oppinions, also, you can Nickname them if you don't like their names...

Golem isn't a golem. He's a big boulder.

Golett and Golurk are golems. Atleast in the traditional sense.

Just sayin'

lol Yeah I know, Just saying it doesn't really work for Golem like it does the others where it really is cool.

Golem is more turtlelike.

But that's off topic.

I'm still wondering how the heck they're doing Geechisu

Back
Top Bottom