• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Localized Names

Thing is, Zelda wasn't ever accused of being a satanic tool to control the children. Pokémon has, and the last thing that Nintendo needs is their reputation of Pokémon tarnished even more by crazy Jesus-loves-me-this-I-know conservatives screaming "PAGANIIIIIIIIIISM!"
That was like what? Over ten years ago? Pretty sure those crazy people have more things to scream about nowadays.

You know, it is spelled "FeatherDance" so they are willing to smudge names together. :B So I'm still on FlutterDance.
Yes, but haven't you noticed that only some moves introduced before Gen 4 are written that way now? So I believe that they wouldn't start doing that to the new moves.

French is spoken in Canada, Spanish is spoken in Mexico. That's why the U.S. games are EN/FR/ES. I'm glad they used this feature instead of getting rid of it completely.

I just hope the UK version has UK English as an option (I did email TPCi about it months ago, but got no reply).

French is spoken in Canada, Spanish is spoken in Mexico. That's why the U.S. games are EN/FR/ES. I'm glad they used this feature instead of getting rid of it completely.

I just hope the UK version has UK English as an option (I did email TPCi about it months ago, but got no reply).

At the very least, we'll be wanting "Autumn" instead of "Fall".

Oh, and there should be an option to play the game in Welsh :p

A user was kind enough to film his some of his playthrough of a confirmed official Black, in hopes for use on Bulbapedia. Whatever we got from that is considered confirmed. He's up to Castelia.

Ah, OK. Cool!

Can't wait for more attack names!

*sits in eager anticipation, while twitching occasionally*

*with a mustache*

The dialogue's watered down to completely remove the innuendo, I bet *sigh*

Platinum translation was godly (last for Nob), HGSS trans. (TPCi) just sucked in comparison.

Three more names have been confirmed thanks to GamesMaster magazine:

GamesMasterUK.jpg

Yabukuron is now known as Trubbish
Baibanira is now known as Vanilluxe
Hitomoshi is now known as Litwick

I'm also posting this to Bulbanews now.

Aw man, I wasn't aware GamesMaster had been discredited. Sorry about this, is there any way I can delete the draft I've saved before it's published?

The problem with GameMasters, is that they used translated ROMs rather than actual copies of the game (if you look in the magazine, Patrat is referred to as MINEZUMI in the Pokédex for example) and they spelt Thundurus' name wrong - Serebii used his ninja sources to confirm that one.

I have to say, I prefer the name "Infiltrate" over Mischievous Heart. Makes the ability sound, about as awesome as it is.

I've managed to grab a copy of the Piggyback official guide (some shops here in Italy are already selling it), but unfortunately there is no Unova Pokédex... I'm going to retrieve the official names from the body of walkthrough itself, I'll post them later!

Back
Top Bottom