• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Localized Names

From what I remember, a "Mong" is just an ugly person in general.

I doubt that was the reason though, consiering Cofagrigus.

They already didn't think far enough and well you know the whole global trade thing |||D

Ha, our worrying about the word it spells out in the middle amounted to something

Also why I don't think we should have nickname sensors [Seriously, the heck?] And we see it's already failed on the part of someone who didn't think ahead.

Yeah, they really should have adjusted the spelling of Cofagrigus because of that obvious blunder. Cofigrigus or Cofegrigus could have worked just as fine.

You know what'd be weird? If the English names were used for the JPN version as well as the ENG version to give it that real American feel.

You know what'd be weird? If the English names were used for the JPN version as well as the ENG version to give it that real American feel.

See, they wouldn't do that for the same reason the other regions' Pokemon weren't left in Japanese. They do try to flavor the regions after real-world locations, but ultimately they want the games to be understandable and relevant to their target audience. Therefore Japanese names will always have primarily Japanese puns and meanings, and likewise for English/American names.

Back
Top Bottom