• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Localized Names

Re: English names

On another note, this week, someone - can't remember who - thought of "Centisteed" for Pendra. I have to say it's an awesome name.

That was moi, and thank you :p

I reckon it fits, anyway. If you watch the preview for next week's anime episode, the way it runs is kind of equine-like. I never really noticed before then, but it's whole body structure makes it look more or less like a big ol' bug horse.

I have an idea for Meraruba, which apparently nobody has romanized. One romanization could be Melarva, Melt + larva.

Not bad. I also like Magva.

I hope they work in snot or booger for Kumashun's English name. Any ideas?

^ How about Snowger?

Also, have I mentioned Tarantesla for Denchura and Plankster, Jokirder and Kungcrete/Clowncrete for the Dokkora line in this thread before?

For the Gear line:

Metagear->Mechagear->Megagear

Metal+gear
Mechanism/Metal+Gear
Mega+Gear

Elechnid (electric arachnid) for Denchura... sounds too similar to Elekid though. :-/

Dentite and Dentula.

I highly doubt there would be any major changes with the names.

Something tells me most kids won't be able to say Mijumaru.

You mean the same kids who can say Naruto, Shikamaru, Orochimaru, Kakashi, Kankuro, Sasuke, Jiraiya, and Chaotzu without a hitch?

Regardless, the names will be localized. They always are.

English names for example:

Pokabu-Piggbu-Poomber

Does anyone think or have any idea what they might do with Isshu?

I'd leave it perfectly the same, but Regions tend to usually have minor spelling differences. Do you think any of those will be made to Isshu or do you think it'll stay exactly the same as it is now?

Isshu is fine. I see no need to change it.

I feel the same, though I haven't heard anyone talk about it.

I think we did pretty much all the Pokemon now,

Should we move into cities and the like?

Starting with your home town, Kanoko town.

the pattern it's based on reminds me of Polka dots mainly. Though Polka-dot town sounds a bit...out there.

Sanyou has to do with Three-stars. Can't think of anything though.

But I'm sticking with Elegate for Raimon.

Edit: Sekka is Snowflake

Though, I say Snowdrop City for an English name might sound better than Snowflake city.

Saiway for Hodomoe (Sail + away)

Just dumping what comes to my head

Last edited:

Hiun will probably be Neork City. That's all I got.

Drill Liner --> Drill Breaker or Drill Break. Maybe Giga Drill.
Crimgan --> Gurrengan
Doryuuzu --> Simole
Waruvial --> Kamicroc

Crimgan is most likely going to stay. There's really no reason to change it.

Crimson + Dragon = done deal

Well, actually, the "gan" means face.

Back
Top Bottom