• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Localized Names

I have to say, I prefer the name "Infiltrate" over Mischievous Heart. Makes the ability sound, about as awesome as it is.

Those two abilities have nothing to do with each other... Mischievous Heart is Prankster.

Those two abilities have nothing to do with each other... Mischievous Heart is Prankster.
Too many names being released at once is confusing.

Oh yeah, Slip Through is Infiltrate. Much better name than Slip Through (Why was Mischievous Heart in my head? Probably because Whimsicott has both abilities.)

Only some because the rest are short enough. I don't see the problem if they've continued to keep smooshing them together.
That's the thing: they avoided that with Gen 4 moves by making move names that don't require mixed capitals.

I've just got the Piggyback gameguide for B/W, and a lot of names GamesMasters has revealed, are also in the guide..

Oh and the guide says Prof. Juniper seniors name is Cedric.

I've just got the Piggyback gameguide for B/W, and a lot of names GamesMasters has revealed, are also in the guide..

Oh and the guide says Prof. Juniper seniors name is Cedric.

Which names? Any attack names?! Come on, man, I need details!

*is on brink of insanity*

EDIT: WE HAVE BADGE NAMES! WE HAVE BADGE NAMES! HOLY SHIT, WE HAVE BADGE NAMES!

Trio Badge

Basic Badge

Insect Badge

Bolt Badge

Quake Badge

Jet Badge

Freeze Badge

Legend Badge

As you can see, only three badges actually got name changes. The Tri Badge is now the Trio Badge, the Beetle Badge is now the Insect Badge, and the Icicle Badge is now the Freeze Badge. Confirmed indirectly by Serebii here.

With a mustache.

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten far enough to confirm what Touko and Touya are?

we need city and route maps.

Why? We already know all of the names for those locations courtesy of me and Elie, and physically it looks no different than the Japanese version.

Which names? Any attack names?! Come on, man, I need details!

*is on brink of insanity*

EDIT: WE HAVE BADGE NAMES! WE HAVE BADGE NAMES! HOLY SHIT, WE HAVE BADGE NAMES!

Trio Badge

Basic Badge

Insect Badge

Bolt Badge

Quake Badge

Jet Badge

Freeze Badge

Legend Badge

As you can see, only three badges actually got name changes. The Tri Badge is now the Trio Badge, the Beetle Badge is now the Insect Badge, and the Icicle Badge is now the Freeze Badge. Confirmed indirectly by Serebii here.

With a mustache.
Well, I'm still reading through the guide to get as many names as possible.. so when I found all the names, I'll post them. ;)

There's a list of all the phrases/words you can use with the easy chat system etc. It has mons, abilities ánd moves. Now checking the lists, and will post all the Unova mons i could find. and all the new moves/abilities.

SevenSix Sages names!!
Giallo keeps his name, Rot becomes Rood (Rot = German for red, while Rood = dutch for red), Gorm keeps his name, Ryokushi becomes Ryoku, Vio becomes Zinzolin.

Last edited:
Zinzolin?

That's a..very odd change (I mean..it sounds so different)
Zinzolin is some color of purple, in French, so it kinda makes sense, since Vio is from Violet.

Also, trainer classes + names (except main characters, Plasma grunts and gym leaders), up to Castelia City. More will come.
=Trainer names=
~Route 1~
Fisherman Sean
Pokémon Ranger Claude
Pokémon Ranger Brenda

~Route 2~
Youngster Jimmy
Youngster Roland
Lass Mali

*Striaton City*
Waiter Maxwell
Waitress Tia