• Bulbacast is back with a new episode in advance of tomorrow's Direct. Watch it on YouTube here.

Location of the next generation

Location of next generation

• Total voters

RC821

Reaction score
What do you think should the next generation set in?

Shadow-Lucario

People Just Get InThe Way
Reaction score
last I checked the regions were all based in a different world so trying to link them to places in our world would be kind of odd.

but I think they will remake gold and silver as they have the kanto region all in 3d all they have to do is create johto now.

MizuTaipu

A deeper shade of blue
Reaction score
Somewhere colder to balance out the tropical regions we've had recently. So I picked Russia or Scandinavia.

ZephyrSpecs

Pocket Professor
Reaction score
last I checked the regions were all based in a different world so trying to link them to places in our world would be kind of odd.

but I think they will remake gold and silver as they have the kanto region all in 3d all they have to do is create johto now.
They actually are all linked to real places already. (And they are all in the same world as each other.)

Kanto and Johto: Japan
Hoenn: Japan (different part of it)
Sinnoh: Japan (again, different part)
Unova: New York metro area
Kalos: France
Alola: Polynesia/Hawaii

This is canon and therefore not odd.

PinkIceFox

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
I'd really like a cold region as well so Ice types can get some more love! Plus my girlfriend got tired of playing in warm places all the time before she stopped being able to play handheld games and Nintendo games in general due to her disability. So I want it more for her!!

If not that, then I'd love Ireland and England. I love the lore of this region with the tales of fae and other stuff and the old castles and such. They could make for a beautiful and interesting region rich in fairy type inspirations! And some dark type fairies showing of they are not all pink and cuddly flower critters.

Aulos

Winds <3
Reaction score
Somewhere like Scandinavia or Greenland. There have been enough tropical and warm regions in the series. Do you know it took us until the fourth generation to even see snow in the games? Plus, as I've stated many times before, Scandinavia is just underrepresented in media in general. I suppose it's the bias toward warm, sunny beaches that a lot of people have. Me? No. If I take a vacation, I'd much prefer somewhere like Scandinavia or Greenland. Just looking at pictures of them they are beautiful and very unique.

Of course, in order to properly represent them and their unique topography (the same could be said for a British region), GF would really have to move away from their 2.5D ways, and although there was much progress with S/M, I'm still not sure they're up to it.

FairyTaleDude

Reaction score
As much as I want the UK or Ireland, I think the games need to break new ground and go for somewhere as culturally distinct from all the regions covered as possible. So far, we've had Japan x4, America x2, Polynesia x1, and France x1, so this leaves:
  • Africa
  • Russia
  • The Middle East
  • Greenland
  • Iceland
I don't want another hot region so soon, so I would really like to see Gen VIII based in Greenland, Iceland or Russia (preferably Greenland).

Last edited:

Tactician Karina

I'm no fake!
Reaction score
I would love a region based on Italy or Romania personally. Though a Russia or Scandinavian based regions would be cool too I guess.

colours

» tiny fractures ⭐
Reaction score
Honestly as long as it's anywhere primarily cold, I'm not bothered. The constant theme of tropical regions is starting to wear on me.

Last edited:

SerenaToAlola

Reaction score
I really really want a UK region. It's next to Kalos and more Kalos is always nice. It's also a good place to expand on the Fairy types lore. Where Dr. Who came from would also be a nice opportunity to expand on Looker and the Ultra Beasts.

Lylian

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
I would like China or UK.

prog rocker

Reaction score
I would like Asia*, Africa or South/Central America to keep traveling the world.

*I don't count Japan here, for the sake of doing other countries.

Sultan of Skook

There Will Be Rest
Reaction score
I thought about Iceland, and it's absolutely perfect for a Pokémon region. Has varied geography, lots of lore to draw from, and also would give us a colder place. Maybe a postgame area based on the Færoes too.

prog rocker

Reaction score
Aren't the Færoes islands part of Denmark, though?