• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Location of the next generation

Location of next generation

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
last I checked the regions were all based in a different world so trying to link them to places in our world would be kind of odd.

but I think they will remake gold and silver as they have the kanto region all in 3d all they have to do is create johto now.

Somewhere colder to balance out the tropical regions we've had recently. So I picked Russia or Scandinavia.

last I checked the regions were all based in a different world so trying to link them to places in our world would be kind of odd.

but I think they will remake gold and silver as they have the kanto region all in 3d all they have to do is create johto now.

They actually are all linked to real places already. (And they are all in the same world as each other.)

Kanto and Johto: Japan
Hoenn: Japan (different part of it)
Sinnoh: Japan (again, different part)
Unova: New York metro area
Kalos: France
Alola: Polynesia/Hawaii

This is canon and therefore not odd.

I'd really like a cold region as well so Ice types can get some more love! Plus my girlfriend got tired of playing in warm places all the time before she stopped being able to play handheld games and Nintendo games in general due to her disability. So I want it more for her!!

If not that, then I'd love Ireland and England. I love the lore of this region with the tales of fae and other stuff and the old castles and such. They could make for a beautiful and interesting region rich in fairy type inspirations! And some dark type fairies showing of they are not all pink and cuddly flower critters.

Somewhere like Scandinavia or Greenland. There have been enough tropical and warm regions in the series. Do you know it took us until the fourth generation to even see snow in the games? Plus, as I've stated many times before, Scandinavia is just underrepresented in media in general. I suppose it's the bias toward warm, sunny beaches that a lot of people have. Me? No. If I take a vacation, I'd much prefer somewhere like Scandinavia or Greenland. Just looking at pictures of them they are beautiful and very unique.

Of course, in order to properly represent them and their unique topography (the same could be said for a British region), GF would really have to move away from their 2.5D ways, and although there was much progress with S/M, I'm still not sure they're up to it.

As much as I want the UK or Ireland, I think the games need to break new ground and go for somewhere as culturally distinct from all the regions covered as possible. So far, we've had Japan x4, America x2, Polynesia x1, and France x1, so this leaves:
  • Africa
  • Russia
  • The Middle East
  • Greenland
  • Iceland
I don't want another hot region so soon, so I would really like to see Gen VIII based in Greenland, Iceland or Russia (preferably Greenland).

Last edited:
I really really want a UK region. It's next to Kalos and more Kalos is always nice. It's also a good place to expand on the Fairy types lore. Where Dr. Who came from would also be a nice opportunity to expand on Looker and the Ultra Beasts.

I would like China or UK.

I thought about Iceland, and it's absolutely perfect for a Pokémon region. Has varied geography, lots of lore to draw from, and also would give us a colder place. Maybe a postgame area based on the Færoes too.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom