• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Locations/areas you'd like to see expanded

I just posted about this in another thread but I'm really excited about it: More Ultra Space, please! Let me get hopelessly lost in tunnels and randomly attacked by UB after UB. That doesn't sound fun but I would really enjoy it a lot; the creepier the better.

Same goes for all the power plants in the Kalos desert. That was disappointing!

Honestly, I think that GF left the door open for a third version/sequel for Kalos because of all the obvious, but ultimately they decided not to proceed.

I'd like to check out that stupid lighthouse on Akala, give it some use aside from being where a move tutor for Volt Tackle hangs out.

I just assumed that was where Mohn hangs out with his bean tree. :p
It seems like that would be it, but...
Where are the other 4 islands? They obviously are somewhere, and not too far away from each other, I'd expect. The fact you can't select it on the map bothers me.
If it IS the Poké Pélago, then they could of at least let us travel directly there. Too many unaswered questions ;-;

The volcano, Poni Island, in fact most things people have already mentioned. I'm always up for more exploration! :3

Personally, I really want Po Town expanded upon~ Like it was already mentioned, nothing changes about it after Team Skull. We have no idea how it looked before or if it even gets cleaned up after they leave; a literal permanent Ghost Town. I want to know more about it.
Alternatively, leave it abandoned and actually make it a Ghost town, invested with grimer and gastly and other fitting pokemon

Not to be stupidly general, but every single locations across the entire map needs to be expanded and filled with more life and details. The entire world felt so small and limited and linear with very little life or interaction in it, with very little depth.

Not to be stupidly general, but every single locations across the entire map needs to be expanded and filled with more life and details. The entire world felt so small and limited and linear with very little life or interaction in it, with very little depth.
Weird... I didn't feel this in the slightest. the above I did have with Unova (a little, but the overal design felt very cohesive) and especially Kalos (which felt linear and fragmented to me)

Alola as a whole did feel very urbanised though. It's like there wasn't a single area where I wouldn't encounter some kind of man-made structure that severely impacted the surrounding area. Like, no matter where I'd go, if I got into any trouble it would only be 20 steps to the nearest Pokemon Center

Although I do agree there are areas that need expanding, like Mt. Lanakila

Wela Volcano and Mt. Lanakila are a couple of the biggest areas that need improvement. I was dumbfounded that they cut out all the potential content of a volcano area by having the "cave" simply skip you from beginning to end.

How about giving us the option to Surf and Dive between Islands? I was surprised when there was nothing to do with all that water on the map, especially since we recently explored Hoenn, which had a ton of water routes and underwater routes. Exploration on land is cool and all, but underwater adventure is limited even in the pokemon world - so far, Hoenn is the only place that has decent underwater travelling. Unova has the Abyssal Ruins, but that's just about it. Alola has the potential to show diverse underwater habitats, and I'd love to see coral reefs (especially considering Mareanie and Toxapex reside in the area to eat Corsola... which are coral)

A lot of good examples have been given already. To me the most important one, by a landslide, is Mount Lanakila. Damn, I was so looking forward towards making my way through this huge mountain with all its caves, high leveled trainers and what not. Only to discover you're at the top in, like what, ten minutes? I know Poni Island is somewhat of a replacement to Victory Road, but come on, it could've been at least a little more of a challenge to get to the top. Lanakila means victory in Hawaiian ffs!

Meh, for the sake of constructive discussion, I'll make a list:

-Add in that outdoor section of Ten Carat Hill from the demo. I was disappointed and confused when that wasn't in the full game. Why? Seems kinda pointless to promote an area that isn't in the full game, that's kinda false advertising.
-Yes to Wela Volcano, the Lighthouse, and the Power Plant.
-The Golf Course should be an explorable area and/or some kind of minigame. But definitely do something with that.
-That pagoda in Malie Garden. Was expecting that to be a Johto reference with Lugia/Ho-oh showing up.
-How about something with the Recycling Plant? That's another pointless, forgettable area.
-Dream Park should be something. Probably just a Safari Zone with Fossil Pokemon or something (and maybe some other prehistoric or dinosaur esque Pokemon like Relicanth and Tropius).
-Agreed to expanding Mt. Lanakila. Remove the elevators and just have caves connecting the middle section to the top and bottom. And put trainers there please.

Again though, this is pretty much Emerald tier stuff, not really a lot of exciting changes.

I concur with the Golf Course suggestion. I didn't even know there's a golf course until I see it mentioned, and when I looked at the Akala Island map, it turns out that the Golf course is supposed to be north of the beach, which is inaccessible.

Moreover, I think that there should be more reason to visit the alternate universe that is 12 hours apart, because currently the only reason to go there is to get a new Cosmog (the day/night events aren't affected so you can't even do things that are 12 hours apart). Besides the Altar on Ula' Ula Island, I think it would be cool to see different versions of select locations, like Aether Foundation and perhaps Po Town. Basically make the alternate universe a more exciting place to go to.

Thanks for reading.

The Lake of the Sunne / Moone. This place is awfully empty and dull considering how physically big and seemingly important it is. It's practically a castle, and there are a number of doors dotted about, but all you get to do is walk down an empty corridor.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom