• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Locations/areas you'd like to see expanded

There’s larger changes for sure, like the addition of a Pikachu area(That might replace the Fossil Park) and some detail changes, like the color of your house and the more colors on Route 1. What other big and small changes could there be in Alola when we return there in USUM?

I hope they expand the area of Wela Volcano Park by letting us into the cave instead of having it instantly teleport us up to the top. Also, remember that golf course on the map of Akala Island? Let us visit it please! It takes up so much space on the map, yet we can't even access it? Talk about a waste of Akala's map space...

I hope they expand the area of Wela Volcano Park by letting us into the cave instead of having it instantly teleport us up to the top. Also, remember that golf course on the map of Akala Island? Let us visit it please! It takes up so much space on the map, yet we can't even access it? Talk about a waste of Akala's map space...
I think a golfing minigame would be a good addition since golfing is big in Alola and we can’t do it? We could do contests and PR Videos in RSEORAS and XY where we are new to that region but not in Alola?

But also, the island of Hawaii is made up of 5 islands, and the two most active ones seem to be the ones that make up Mount Lanakila(And possibly it’s name too!)
Mauna Loa and Kilauea erupt a lot, and the latter is still erupting to tis day. So no fire-based dungeon in Ula’Ula island or any parts of Alola, based on one of the most volcanic places in the world? Shenanigans. I’m calling shenanigans. If there was a way into the heart of Lanakila that is much hotter and filled with lava, that would be what I’d expect from the most active volcano in the world and it’s parent volcano.

Doing something with that inner area of Ten Carat Hill would be good too. It just feels a bit too empty and pointless.

I am down with some new areas and extended ones. Be a good surprise.

The Lake of the Sunne / Moone. This place is awfully empty and dull considering how physically big and seemingly important it is. It's practically a castle, and there are a number of doors dotted about, but all you get to do is walk down an empty corridor.

This has all of my yes. Please make something more here, a side story, post-game stuff, just something more than an empty hallway where you meet Cosmog at the end. They could give me anything more to expand on here and I'd be happy with it. I really hope they'd do something about exploring Alola's past though. The place was also in shambles, so maybe have .a character who talks to you about how this place was once an amazing it was.

Come to think of it, wasn't Cosmog mentioned to have something to do with Alola's royal family. Like only they knew about it? Yeah, the Pokemon Sun and Moon website says it was only known by the kings and their heirs. Alola's royal family is mentioned another time, in the info on Alolan Meowth. Funny thing is, right by the Lake of the Sunne/Moone, Nanu lives in that little police station, with a bunch of Alolan Meowth. It might be possible that the Lake of the Sunne/Mooneused to be a place where only Alolan Royalty could go. All those unexplored corridors might have been rooms where they stayed.

Thinking about this now, it would be really surprising if GF really didn't go ay further with this place. I mean what, the game mentions it, besides in dex entries, really only once when Acerola talks about her family being basically royalty. Expanding this place would really answer a lot of questions players might have had after that conversation with the ghost trial captain. But then again, GF does leave quite a few of their story elements os unfinished. And completely forgetting about quite a few places that seem like they could lead to something good (I'm looking at you Couriway train station. Don't you think I forgot about you not being able to take us anywhere).

The Volcano park definitely. I actually stocked up on my supplies and brought out my all of my most powerful pokemon then (I usually try and train as many Pokemon as I can so my team is usually 1-2 strong pokemon and 4-5 random pokemon that I just want to try out) and it turned out to be... nothing....

I can think of some I'd like, but there's probably more.

- The volcano: we were skipped straight to the top, but we should be able to explore it like any other cave.
- The golf course: it was weirdly not available and could have given Kahili a bit more to do.
- The fossil park area: it should be an easy way to make the fossil Pokemon catchable (now that matching Balls is a thing) and also maybe make their HAs easier to get if they want to go that route
All of that ^

Also:

- Hotels. We have 2 grand hotels that we cannot even go explore the floors of. I find that unacceptable.
- Lake of the Sunne/Moone area was a possible goldmine for good secrets, they shafted it hard with making all routes closed.
- The circular pool area we see on the map which I refuse to believe is actually Brooklet Hill...cause it's not matching the circular pool design at all
- Routes like the one going up to mount Hokulani need to be expanded and not make you just take a bus to skip them.
- The part behind the power plant which is visibly larger than we can explore.
- Light house should have been a thing to enter and explore like in Johto.
- I hope they add more things to the map altogether, and stop making half-finished stuff

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom