• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Loch Ness lake in Galar? (Speculation)

Antiant

Reaction score
A friend of mine on a discord server pointed out that the broken down castle near a lake on the galar map looks similar to Urquhart castle (a castle near Loch Ness lake)
D0avx2hWkAEufVK-01.jpeg
1280px-Urquhart_Castle_2017-05-22.jpg

Attachments

• D0avx2hWkAEufVK-01.jpeg
    D0avx2hWkAEufVK-01.jpeg
    10.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 1280px-Urquhart_Castle_2017-05-22.jpg
    1280px-Urquhart_Castle_2017-05-22.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 77
A side quest revolving around the Loch Ness lake and Nessy pretty much writes itself.

Of course, I am not saying GF absolutely have to make such a side quest. Just saying it is quite fitting for the Galar region.

the lakes are interesting since they occupy a huge chunk in the map.

hope to see interesting plot going on there.

I can see them definitely doing something plot wise there, maybe even with a loch ness based legendary or mythical Pokemon. We know that the map isn't 1:1, and there are things in the region that aren't included on the map. I don't think they would have included that little castle, especially since it's so small and hidden, if it didn't have something important going on with it. And with it's resemblance to Urquhart Castle, I think it is definitely reasonable to say that this is the in-game Loch Ness Lake, and a good chance that there is something going on here.

Lapras mega? But that would fit both even ice/dragon. That starter nessy teory would be great if water/fighting but so it's lame. I think we will get a new non starter dragon/water and a gen2 starter mega.

I feel like another loch ness pokemon is unnecessary since there's already Lapras. I would like it if we can get a Laprasite here for a Mega Lapras.

Lapras could just be one type of plesiosaur. There are different types after all, and it's not like game freak to not reuse the same animals and change up the species. But to be honest, I don't think Sobble will go down that route. Instead maybe there's going to be a fossil of a plesiosaur. No shell, just a dinosaur with fin legs.

I also don't think the lake will have a Loch Ness Monster in it. Some NPCs could just think they see an extinct pokemon in it through the fog at night and then you get the actual fossil later. There will also be naysayers that think it's just a Lapras and they're correct because they're common in the lake due to them being introduced as a means to further tourism. Maybe there will be a shiny Lapras like the red Gyarados was.

Also am I the only one who thinks Milotic is more of a stylized oarfish then Nessie? When did people start assuming that it was based off of a lake monster when oarfish exist?

Last edited:
I'd definitely love a mega ice/dragon Lapras to add to my addition to my Ice team being an ice trainer myself.

Hope it really happens and hope they don't scrap megas this gen.

I always associated Lapras with a regular Plesiosaur, rather than with Nessy.

I agree with you. Though I can see why people associate Lapras with Nessie, I just see it as a regular Plesiosaur, like you. Besides, there are virtually dozens of variations of Nessie over the years, and a Plesiosaur is just one of them, meaning GF has plenty of wiggle room to make a Nessie Mon. And considering my fascination with cryptozoology, I would like to see a legendary/mythical Mon based off of good ol' Nessie. Maybe it could be something like the Lake Trio (though obviously not part of a trio) or the Tapus, with it being sort of a non-standard legendary Mon. That would be interesting to see.

Its design is stellar, but unfortunately it's been neglected competitively for a long time now. So no, I can't support the idea of a similar Pokemon existing.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom