• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Lockdown for B&W?

Lock down the wikis for BW?

• YES!

Votes: 83 64.3%
  • NO!

Votes: 46 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Okay, I'm gonna throw this over here just to get some opinions.

As you guys know, we put the wikis on lockdown around the release of HGSS in English. And the site was crashing like crazy. So this had the advantage of protecting us from stupid edits as well as protecting us from increased server load.

Now, BW... not a lot of people will get it who use BP. But a lot of people will want to know stuff. I'm iffy on the idea of locking down the wiki this time. I see the advantages and somewhat want to, to prevent dumb edits to make Pokémon pages with "manbow is evo of lovedisk lol"... basically as a wiki-wide protection to prevent people from making crappy pages before they're ready to be made.

I'm iffy on locking down BP for BW. I know that the administration wouldn't care either way, since everyone JA and up can edit even when on lockdown. But I wanna know what you guys think. All of you. It is important that you both vote in the poll and say something here. Staff, do not vote in this.

<FONT FACE=”vivaldi”>Boo.</FONT FACE>
Reaction score
Re: LOCKDOWN

I think that it should be locked down. Needless edits will only add stress to the server, causing a possible crash, which would be an awful thing on the release.

Sig By Blue Dragon
Reaction score

To prevent a crash, I say to lock it up until the games are out.

黒い王様
Reaction score
For the record, please do not consider server issues in this poll. Server issues, unlike with the HGSS release, are not a concern this time. We're more than prepared for this one in that respect.

<FONT FACE=”vivaldi”>Boo.</FONT FACE>
Reaction score
For the record, please do not consider server issues in this poll. Server issues, unlike with the HGSS release, are not a concern this time. We're more than prepared for this one in that respect.
Hm. If that's the case, then I think that the server should remain open.

Undeniably the #1 Magnemite fan
Reaction score

To prevent a crash, I say to lock it up until the games are out.
it wont be protected until the game comes out, it would be protected until 'when' the games come out.

is obsessed with Noivern!
Reaction score

it wont be protected until the game comes out, it would be protected until 'when' the games come out.
I think you stuck an extra "until" there.

For that matter, I'd say lock down all the "important" pages - say, all the mainspace pages. And make it so that only already autoconfirmed users (or users with a certain number of mainspace edits) can edit the rest of those.

"Equality"
Reaction score
Lock down ALL the pokemon pages. Also, lock down ALL BW related pages...

Vintage
Reaction score
Lockdown means everything is locked. Specific pages is protecting them. I don't think there is a way to mass protect articles.

Reaction score
Someone sounds confident.:lol:

"Equality"
Reaction score
hmmmmm. So lock down means we can see, but not edit all pages....
Then I still think it should be locked down...

Reaction score
Is it possible to lock down a whole namespace, and not the database, without having to mass-protect articles?

If so, I'd say the mainspace and perhaps the talk space should be locked. There are people who can still work on articles.

Last edited:
The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
I say lockdown, just to be safe.

Man, Myth, Legend
Reaction score
Would Bulbapedia still be able to be viewed in the event of a lockdown?

Reaction score
I reluctantly agree considering what happened with HG/SS's release and the previous B/W problems. Fortunately it won't be a total loss for me since there are other things I can do in the meantime until the lockdown is over.

Reaction score
Just to be clear, how long would this lockdown last?

Reaction score
I support a lockdown, there is a possibility for the noobs out there to flood th wiki with their own speculation or rumours. I'd trust the staff much more to properly screen all the info and make sure only confirmed stuff can make it onto the mainspace.