• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lockdown for B&W?

Lock down the wikis for BW?

• YES!

Votes: 83 64.3%
  • NO!

Votes: 46 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You have Celebi in your avatar so it must be sabotage!

All right, well, I suppose the decision can be made right now. We won't lock down unless we get some really, really stupid edits. I'm gonna give three chances. I see new stuff in the mainspace at wrong titles more than three times, it's not gonna be pretty.

im still thinking we should lock down so we can do blanket edits by an army of users to add things like stats and movesets. that would only be a few hours of lock down though.

I'll get the stats, but I can't promise that they're in order, unless the index numbers have always been in order of Pokedex number since Gen.2.

@TTEchidna: Hooray! I can still post the info on the talk page instead of on this forum where it'll be horribly formatted!

I don't think we should lock down since everyone will be wanting info
New info is like gold to viewers

I say lockdown, for one reason: I don't think you want massive edit wars. Everyone will be wanting to add in their two cents, and it will overlap a lot. It will only cause massive headaches all around.

Locking may prevent vandalism, but it'll also stop the many legitimate edits that will need to be made when Black and White are released.

I think we should only lock it down if there is too much speculation in articles. In the meantime, we should tell new users to put speculation and stuff in the forums.

as long as we can view it, then yea just so we dont get random crap about the games from people who type like theyre high or somethin

Lock that shat down. I dont want false info to be a spewin from my monitor when the games are released.

Is is possible to set editing for only established users site wide? That might help but still allow us to keep it up to date.

I say lockdown, for one reason: I don't think you want massive edit wars. Everyone will be wanting to add in their two cents, and it will overlap a lot. It will only cause massive headaches all around.

What would there be edit wards over? It's a game, so it's pretty easy to see what actaully happens and doesn't happen.......

Well, I'm thinking that all Pokémon species articles should be Autoconfirmed protected, but maybe that could happen after one strike (or not at all, or only to the BW Pokémon).
I'll get the stats, but I can't promise that they're in order, unless the index numbers have always been in order of Pokedex number since Gen.2.
They're not. See [bp=List of Pokémon by index number (Generation II)]2[/bp], [bp=List of Pokémon by index number (Generation III)]3[/bp], [bp=List of Pokémon by index number (Generation IV)]4[/bp].
Blame it all on Chimecho (it's not the only offender, but it's the biggest one).

Crap. Then since I don't know the Japanese charset, I can only give the base stats by index number, and not the names.

Is that okay?

Actually, they appear to be in order for Gens. 2 and 4, but not 3. 3 has a huge gap between Celebi and Treecko.

Or, if somebody could direct me to the Japanese charset...

All Pokémon names are in katakana... I dunno if they're fullwidth or halfwidth when displayed as data on a computer screen, though.

All Pokémon names are in katakana... I dunno if they're fullwidth or halfwidth when displayed as data on a computer screen, though.

I meant which numbers correspond to which letters.

Kind of like how in the Gen.1 and 2 English charsets, 0x80 is A, and 0x90 is Q.

I'm talking a hacking operation here.

Ah... um. I dunno. I'd guess they'd keep the same placement, like Gen III to IV did, since we can transfer forward.

I say that you really should lock down the site. As much as I want to learn about the games, I want it all to be true, like there's a rumor on the internet that N is an angel :)bash:), and I don't want that spreading.

Ah... um. I dunno. I'd guess they'd keep the same placement, like Gen III to IV did, since we can transfer forward.

I guess.

But we don't currently have an article on it, and I couldn't find it on Google Search.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom