• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Locked thread cleanup.

Pure Flying?

• Yes, definitly!

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No way!

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Should the Gen 5 games come with the Pokewalker?

what if b/w came with an update for the old pokewalker so you could use it with hgss and bw (maybe limit to one of each gen) so you could connect to both gen of walkers and maybe even transfer pkmn without having to use two ds's.

maybe scratch the use with two games idea but at least let both connect

^would be awesome. I hope this is the first gen to revolutionize migrating your mons from game to game with out two DS'(gen 4 to 5 of course).

I swear it better have some use in Black and White.

Unlike with HGSS, there is no indication on the boxart that a Pokéwalker will be packaged with Black and White. It might be sold separately, but I doubt it.

Unlike with HGSS, there is no indication on the boxart that a Pokéwalker will be packaged with Black and White. It might be sold separately, but I doubt it.

Exactly what I was about to say. The revelation of the boxart alone confirms that B/W won't be PokeWalker compatible. It was just a Gimmick, like Pokemon Following you.

Exactly what I was about to say. The revelation of the boxart alone confirms that B/W won't be PokeWalker compatible. It was just a Gimmick, like Pokemon Following you.

that would be kinda retarded making all these sprites and then you only use them for on generation

that would be kinda retarded making all these sprites and then you only use them for on generation

The fact that they don't follow you has been confirmed. Have you seen the gameplay videos/pictures? And with the 3D Angles they'd have to make more sprites for the older Pokemon, along with a whole new set of sprite for the Isshu Pokemon. They've already got their hands full on sprites with the animated Battle sprites, remember?

The fact that they don't follow you has been confirmed. Have you seen the gameplay videos/pictures? And with the 3D Angles they'd have to make more sprites for the older Pokemon, along with a whole new set of sprite for the Isshu Pokemon. They've already got their hands full on sprites with the animated Battle sprites, remember?

ow okay but maybe they are gona put that in the third version because then the third version will have a reason why it should be bought

- Bundle with official magazines. Say, with an issue of Nintendo Power (US) or Official Nintendo Magazine (UK) you get a couple of random ones, out of a set of say, six. (They'd be really cheap to make).
- Sell them on the Star's Catalogue (in the UK) or give them out at events, similar to DS stickers.

You're forgetting ONM (Aus/NZ) and the Australian/New Zealand Nintendo Club (with Star Catalogue). :p

If they do, I have a suggestion:

Make it so that walking 256 steps in real life increases the Pokemon's happiness by one point. Just like in the games XD

It would seem like a waste for nintendo to produce the Pokewalker just for HG/SS, so I think it will be compatable with B/W, and maybe there will be one with enhanced features, such as more things you can do with the Watts. Maybe they will make the watts unlock more than just more courses, like certain pokemon, or sidequests in the game.

Maybe they will make the watts unlock more than just more courses, like certain pokemon, or sidequests in the game.

That'd be a great idea, but Game Freak won't do that. The golden days of the Pokewalker being the sign of a dork ( =p )at my school seem to be coming to an end.

If they do, I have a suggestion:

Make it so that walking 256 steps in real life increases the Pokemon's happiness by one point. Just like in the games XD

Doesn't the current pokewalker already do that?

I don't think thatvjust because the box are has been released and it doesn't show a pokewalker doesn't mean they're won't be one. Most games don't have finalized box art until right before they are released. I think the pokewalker has become too popular to completely drop it out of the games. I would like to see it return somehow even if there was just an update package in the game for the old pokewalker

If there should be a new pokewalker, although I like color screens, GF probably won't put them in, will cost too much to package the walkers as extras with the game itself

If there should be a new pokewalker, although I like color screens, GF probably won't put them in, will cost too much to package the walkers as extras with the game itself

I'd pay an extra 10 bucks for a new color screen pokewalker

I'm probably the only person on the planet to say this, but...I've had my copy of SoulSilver for about a month now, and I haven't touched the Pokewalker once (or removed it from the box)
It just seems like a gimmick to me.

Here's how good the pokewalker is.

Last night I managed to get two choice bands and a choice specs on it for free. All I had to do was walk a little. Now can someone honestly tell me it's just a pointless gimmick?

Here's how good the pokewalker is.

Last night I managed to get two choice bands and a choice specs on it for free. All I had to do was walk a little. Now can someone honestly tell me it's just a pointless gimmick?

not to mention if ur pokewalker is empty and ur on a route
some times wild pokemon will join u.(this has happened to me several times in the yellowforest route

not to mention if ur pokewalker is empty and ur on a route
some times wild pokemon will join u.(this has happened to me several times in the yellowforest route

True story, that's how a friend of mine got his surfing Pikachu.

I feel like if the Pokewalker makes a comeback, it should have more user-involving minigames, where your results are based on skill rather than luck. As it is, catching desirable Pokemon requires you to do a lot of walking, then hope for luck in getting a Pokemon you want, then hope for luck in not having it flee on its own or be KO'd by an accidental crit (which you have no control over), then hope that the Poke Ball actually works (the idea that you can do everything right up to that point and still fail is the real killer IMO), then (in the case of routes like Yellow Forest where there are Pokemon that are indistinguishable on the walker but different in the game) hope the Pokemon you caught was the right one. That's a bit to much luck and "hoping" for my tastes. And the Dowsing Machine gets pretty old after a while, given it's just a glorified guessing game, and also almost entirely luck-based.

That said, beyond the luck basis of the games, the other features are pretty much perfect. The only other thing I could ask for would be some kind of simplified battle system for batting the Pokemon on other players' walkers after communicating. Even if it was something simple and quick-time-eventy, and even if each player's battle occurred separately (since the alternative would be to keep the IR ports aligned for the entire battle), it would still be a fun thing to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom