• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

LoD University

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonwolf

Semper Vigilus
Reaction score
With my living alarm clocks going off I once again woke up. Zariant was barking, Melody was calling, and my father-in-law was blinding me. Typical morning. I let my wife be, and got out of bed. I rubbed my eyes hoping Apollo would stop being so bright. I left our bedroom and crossed the hall to Melody's room. She somehow woke up really early in the morning. Most likely since she was out by eight. She was playing with some of her toys and "her" puppy. My hellhound and my wife's sunhound were oddly compatible, and that led to four happy puppies running around the house. Melody smiled at me, and begged me to pick her up. I did so and carried her downstairs. She like her mother had this habit of liking to watch me make breakfast, and well cook in general. I made her, her pancakes, and then worked on everyone elses, and the other food.

I woke-up and, figuring Jer had Melody, headed to wake Darren. If our four-year-old was an early-bird, her six-year-old brother was the exact opposite. I knelt beside his bed and shook his shoulder lightly. "Dar-ren," I singsonged gently, "Darren. Time to wake-up, buddy. Up-an'-at-'em."

Darren mumbled something I couldn't understand and rolled-over.

"Darren, time for breakfast, sweetie."

He sat-up faster than I thought possible. "Food!"

He was a son to be proud of when things weren't in trouble bacon was a priority. I already had his plate on the table, and was finishing up Ellie's food.

Darren, despite being sleepy, managed to somehow bounce down the stairs before me.

"Morning." I greeted the rest of my family.

"Morning Daddy, morning Melly." Darren echoed.

"morning." I kissed Ellie and then handed her a plate of food.

Chocolate chip pancakes and some fruit on the side as she didn't like bacon. More for me really. I served up my plate and sat at the table. Nice how we were able to move the entire house to the island. Magic is handy like that. Yeah we live on an island. Technically just called Half-Blood Island. No one clever was at the meeting that day. This is where we set up a school for demigods since the camp wasn't cutting it for all the year round campers we had been getting. Older campers ended up becoming teachers. Me and Ellie were heads of two different departments, though I wasn't much of a teacher as a extra teacher... basically I got the really good kids when it came to fighting at least.

We were all silent for a few minutes as we ate. "Thank-you, Jer." I said when I was finished, putting my plate in the sink.

"Well I'm glad to know. You wanna help get Darren ready while I go shower?"

"Sure. Come-on, Dare, time to get ready for school."

"Aw, Mom-"

"Darren."

He sighed and reluctantly followed me upstairs.

"Be happy if I let you do it yourself you'd get punched by your classmates."

I remeber the last time Darren tried portalling clothes on like me. Yeah put them on a bit sideways completely ruined the shirt of course. I let melody out of her raised seat, and she went to the living room and started playing with her puppy. I went upstairs and started showering.

Eventually, Darren was dressed and we sat in the living-room with Mel. I was lounging on the couch ((Just chillin' in my Snuggie)), while Darren sat on the floor with his sister, also playing with "his" puppy.

I came down in a dress shirt and trousers like normal for school days.

"Oh no I have to spend time with my kids the horror." I joked.

"Daddy!" Melody protested, looking hurt.

"He's kidding, baby-girl." I assured her, kissing her forehead. Then I headed upstairs to shower.

"Trust me Mel if I could I'd be taking you two to the zoo everyday, or taking a nap with you guys..."

"I don't nap!" Darren protested.

"Right you just occasionally pass out around one."

"Not like you don't do that either. Mel you're out right after lunch."

"But I like naps."

"That's 'cause you're a baby."

"No I'm not! I'm four whole fingers old!" She held-up four fingers for emphasis.

"Both of you are still young be happy you can just take a nap."

The kids looked at eachother for a moment before apparently coming to a truce.

"What's this I hear about naps?" I asked, coming into the room. I was wearing a pale-blue blouse and a long khaki skirt, and my hair was braided down my back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom