• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Snowy sets out into the Wild Area and encounters a giant Pokemon lurking in a den. Watch here as Snowy goes head to head with the massive Pokemon.
  • With COPPA coming into full effect, the comments section and notifications for our YouTube videos are disabled. Not to worry, though, you can keep up with the latest episodes for all our ongoing series and provide your comments in the Bulbasocial section here.

Logo Discussion and Speculation thread

Reaction score

The new Japanese "Pokémon" logo is directly based on the western version that's been around since the '90s. It even uses the same "o" on the first character (where a Poké Ball used to be). It also has the same symbol that was on the protagonist's shirt in the trailer.

Reaction score
I feel like this is their weakest logos ever. Too much blank space.
The "Showrd"/"Shield" typography is really good IMO, it's the background images that make it all look kinda cheap. The western "Pokémon" text is doomed to cause blank space though, it has always been troublesome for subtitles, should be about time they tweak it a bit.

Anyways, I wonder what the creature on the logo is. Since it's on both versions, maybe it's the same legendary with a different form in each version this time?

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
The "Showrd"/"Shield" typography is really good IMO,
The typography looks like something out of wordart from MS Office, atleast in English. The Japanese Sword typography looks good though.

The logos feel a bit too plain...
Sun/Moon were better.

I think the Pokeball like things are something related to teamwork since the games also have a sports focus.
Maybe some variation of support Pokemon a specific user speculated before...

I gotta focus. I'm shifting into pokemon mode.
Reaction score
They really need to shrink the emblems down and just have them peeking out behind the text like always. Just because there's slightly less space on the switch box doesn't mean you have to make the emblems that big.

Also am I the only one disaponted that the japanese Pokemon logo has adopted the yellow and blue color scheme?

Reaction score
Apparently ruffledrowlit made a good point about the hilts being a reference to the two dogs in the bisterne dragon story. I don't know anything about that myth so I read about it and if true there should be 3 prominent trees somewhere where the dogs and the slayer of the dragon are buried.

Reactions: El_
Borderland Sword
Reaction score
Like both the logos~ I think the Sword one looks a bit cooler though with the slash going through it~

Interesting seeing the Japanese logos use the Western style for once~

Blast Turtle
Reaction score

I kinda feel like these are a step down from gen 7’s logos. The colors on the sword and shield are too flat in my opinion; the gradient at the bottom needs to extend further up the logo. I don’t like the wolf heads on the top, they just look goofy. I would much rather have the sword and shield be stylized like Zacian’s sword and Zamazenta’s shield rather than the generic design with wolf heads we have now.

However, the actual text Sword and Shield looks really good in both logos style and color wise. In fact, I’d say the logos overall have really good colors. The blue and red of the sword and shield looks really nice.