• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Logo Discussion and Speculation thread

Gabo2oo

Reaction score

The new Japanese "Pokémon" logo is directly based on the western version that's been around since the '90s. It even uses the same "o" on the first character (where a Poké Ball used to be). It also has the same symbol that was on the protagonist's shirt in the trailer.

I feel like this is their weakest logos ever. Too much blank space.
The "Showrd"/"Shield" typography is really good IMO, it's the background images that make it all look kinda cheap. The western "Pokémon" text is doomed to cause blank space though, it has always been troublesome for subtitles, should be about time they tweak it a bit.

Anyways, I wonder what the creature on the logo is. Since it's on both versions, maybe it's the same legendary with a different form in each version this time?

The "Showrd"/"Shield" typography is really good IMO,

The typography looks like something out of wordart from MS Office, atleast in English. The Japanese Sword typography looks good though.

The logos feel a bit too plain...
Sun/Moon were better.

I think the Pokeball like things are something related to teamwork since the games also have a sports focus.
Maybe some variation of support Pokemon a specific user speculated before...

They really need to shrink the emblems down and just have them peeking out behind the text like always. Just because there's slightly less space on the switch box doesn't mean you have to make the emblems that big.

Also am I the only one disaponted that the japanese Pokemon logo has adopted the yellow and blue color scheme?

Apparently ruffledrowlit made a good point about the hilts being a reference to the two dogs in the bisterne dragon story. I don't know anything about that myth so I read about it and if true there should be 3 prominent trees somewhere where the dogs and the slayer of the dragon are buried.

I kinda feel like these are a step down from gen 7’s logos. The colors on the sword and shield are too flat in my opinion; the gradient at the bottom needs to extend further up the logo. I don’t like the wolf heads on the top, they just look goofy. I would much rather have the sword and shield be stylized like Zacian’s sword and Zamazenta’s shield rather than the generic design with wolf heads we have now.

However, the actual text Sword and Shield looks really good in both logos style and color wise. In fact, I’d say the logos overall have really good colors. The blue and red of the sword and shield looks really nice.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom