• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Logo text style change

Zhen Lin

φιλομαθής
Reaction score
Some proposals

An image is included for those of you who have not the Gentium and Optima fonts installed.

Of course, if we're going to change the text, I suppose we could alter the main logo as well...

I like the existing regular title. I think that a change in font for the bulba fragment is probably enough - a complete colour change is a bit to much especially the last two options. Third last one I reckon is good - the sans-serif fonts are a good change - the lime green is too light though.

Third one, I assume, counting the original at the top?

Because sans-serif fonts are the ones without all the little pointy bits.

The current logo uses Optima, which is technically sans-serif, but incorporates some serif features like variable thickness strokes.

4th or 5th (including the original) . Have to control the CSS font-family attributes more rigidly though. Most of them don't render in Firefox that well especially the last two. I think that there is an article at the W3C's website for the CSS3 specification that lets you control the hieght of characters - its not line-height - you can morph all parts of the fonts. The 3rd and 5th including the original deprecate well though.

Which is why I made a graphic out of them in the first place.

Also note I used Firefox to make those screenshots - it's probably because you don't have the fonts installed that they get distorted - it really depends on the font design, especially the uppercase:lowercase height ratios...

Not that controlling font-family would make things any better - I mean, there's no option for "throw up error messages saying that this exact font must be used", is there?

I really prefer the logo we have now over any of the proposals.

http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-fonts/ I don't mean font-family. Besides is highly likely you will have to use an image anyway if you wish to use whatever fonts they are. Use some font-size-adjusts and use whatever fonts they are, open your fonts folder look for similar and then try and do some thing creative with Tahoma, Arial, MS Sans Serif, Trebuchet MS and Times New Roman which should all be available on most people's computer.

Bah, why bother, when if you've already got to make an image?

Also, I note that not even Opera supports the full CSS 3 yet, let alone Mozilla, let alone IE....

I think we need to revert back to old text.... the capitals for the bulba part being the same size as the lowercase in pedia make the logo look bloated.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom