• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

LOL Anime

Casual Cnidarian

Reaction score
What do you think some of the funniest parts in the Pokémon series and movies are? I think one of the funny ones is from the early episodes. Team Rocket is digging on the beach, Jessie digs up a Shellder, it looks at her and sticks out its tongue and says it name. LOL:loopy:

Another funny scene is where Pikachu is playing with the ketchup bottle and it brakes. Then comes the tears. HAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:
Team Rocket for me are just comedy gold.
I love them!
They're great for poking fun at themselves and are incredibly self aware. Whenever they mess with their formula it's just fantastic.
Like when they blast off in A Bout With Sprout or when the motto doesn't rhyme in Sharpedo Attack.
I was in stitches though when Meowth and Wobbuffet were dressed up as May and Max in A Double Dilemma.
Their whole characters are just perfectly played. I love them! (It's why Meowth Rules! will probably always be my favourite episode)

Every time I battle a Metapod, I think of the early episode where Ash and that bug hunter battle their Metapods together.

Metapod, use harden!
Metapod... harden!
Oh, yeah? Well, Metapod, harden, let's go!

Makes me laugh every stupid time. XD

I rather liked Pikachu's impression of Bulbasaur in "Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden". I also liked a lot of the English-inserted jokes in the first two movies.

ash vs samurai.
metapod vs metapod.
harden vs harden.

i couldn't believe that was actually happening

wow noone ha mentioned Dr Quakenpoker
"one for you and one for you, one for you and one for 'chu!"
"how there was a Magikarp in my pyjamas ill never know"

The writers were very good with that stuff then

When the Fat, Iltalian trainer picks up his Lickilicky in If the Scarf Fits, Wear it. Such a steriotype, but hilarious!

Okay, it's gotta be that one episode when Kenny is introduced. Piplup's giggle is just PRICELESS.

Can anyone make animations? Because I would commission an OC for this scene.

DP136.jpg

Most of May's Contests had humor/comedy in them. Sadly that seemed to have stopped in the DP era contests besides a few. :/

Ah, yes.

Mentioned many times, but seriously, harden vs. harden? For real?

Barry/Jun. Everything about him.

Ash: Can you imagine Brock married?

Misty: You and I will be married someday too.

Umm forgot what episode, but Ash looks confused and Brock with a scary face and voice crabs him on by shoulders and and the screen points out and he screams. lol rape jk
And when Ash says in the episode I don't remember, ash says Magnamite is fallowing Pikachu like a streaker.

Last edited:
I also liked a lot of the English-inserted jokes in the first two movies.
Slightly off topic but I was fairly impressed with how they wrote around a lot of the visual puns early in the series. I.e. "Cowterpie", "just open your mouth and tell me what's wrong" and A.J.'s Sandshrew and the pillow..

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom