• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Lolita fashion enthusiasts!

Blanc

▽ Part-time Subway Master ▲
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Hi, I might have forgot to mention that I wear lolita fashion most every day, so it's something I really enjoy talking about. I'm not really into any communities about it because I'm shy, but I think it'd still be great to find others who enjoy talking about or wearing this kind of fashion! I personally usually wear pure gothic, punk, guro, hime and old-school styles. My favorite brand used to be Putumayo but they sadly closed when COVID hit...I'm still heartbroken </3

Now I believe I'm a fan of Atelier Pierrot and Metamorphose. Alice and the Pirates also has some nice stuff! But to be honest... as much as I love these brands, I wear indie brands most often. I like indie lolita brands because the styles are usually experimental, and I've loved more out there prints and styles lately. I also like embroidered lace more than prints themselves, I think it has a more regal air when the designs are embroidered.

Anyways! Please tell me about your favorite styles, if you're as picky with petticoats as I am or anything you feel about lolita fashion! It's my lifeblood. LOL.

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
OH MY GOD hiiiiiii!!

I'm into that sorta fashion too but haven't ever had the chance to try it because of...not being able to come out to my family.
I'm not exactly sure as to how I'd classify my style itself, maybe something a bit similar to like, "kawaii emo" or something. I also like streetwear too but it's just OK.

At least I know of actual brands now, before I was just stuck with my Pinterest board lolll

Blanc

Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
OH MY GOD hiiiiiii!!

I'm into that sorta fashion too but haven't ever had the chance to try it because of...not being able to come out to my family.
I'm not exactly sure as to how I'd classify my style itself, maybe something a bit similar to like, "kawaii emo" or something. I also like streetwear too but it's just OK.

At least I know of actual brands now, before I was just stuck with my Pinterest board lolll
OH MY GOD HI ALSO!!! Sorry I’m so so late I just got done with my errands. I’m so glad to find some other enthusiasts!! Let’s see ‘kawaii emo’, I think you’d like menhera aesthetics like me! I like streetwear also but I usually only like it if it leans menhera. I hope you’ll be able to try out some fashion yourself soon, I’m sure coming out be it gender or sexuality is terrifying, and you’re so brave for even trying to be yourself now (I’m 23 and my parents still don’t know I’m bi. Thankfully I don’t visit them often. I’m terrified.)

It wasn’t too hard for my parents to come to terms with my fashion sense at least, there’s some outfits of mine they absolutely cannot see (the more gothic ones) but I can slip it by them usually. Maybe you can try with subtle things first, like Ouji-style, I remember I started with just blouses. Have you seen any brands you’ve taken to?

Guro style is basically menhera style lolita! I’m not sure why it’s called guro and not just menhera like the street fashion aesthetic. Think like… gothic looking nurses! Guro is more a niche style these days as it’s usually prints made to look bloody and the dresses are made to look somewhat clinical. I love it to death tbh

Dreary_Rowlet

Trust me, I am just a rowlet
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her
To be honest, I have never worn a single lolita style dress, but I think it's so cute! I'm probably going to put one of my characters in it.

Blanc

Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
It is very cute!! Please show me if you put any of your characters in lolita! Do you have any styles you take to? I also tend to draw characters in coords I really want but can't afford...or can't justify wearing. I feel it.

MissDelibirda

Somewhat prudish. Avatar by Ken Sugimori.
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her
Thanks for answering. Guro is a common girls name in my country. Anyway, one of my favourite characters, Marley, wears the gothic style.

Blanc

Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
That's super interesting!! I never even considered the word carrying a meaning outside of JP territory. Marley is a great character, I think she has one of the most interesting designs in Pokemon! I'd love to see even more of her in the main games tbh. We need more lolita trainers!

MissDelibirda

Somewhat prudish. Avatar by Ken Sugimori.
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her
Guro is a variant of the name Gudrun. And indeed, seeing her, or the stat trainers in general more in the games would be great.

Last edited:

Dreary_Rowlet

Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her
It is very cute!! Please show me if you put any of your characters in lolita! Do you have any styles you take to? I also tend to draw characters in coords I really want but can't afford...or can't justify wearing. I feel it.
I think it's the classic look will work best, but we'll just have to see

Dreary_Rowlet

Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her
yes, classic lolita, although I killed off the character because I gave up on the story I was trying to write.
So that means no drawing of her. I forgot what she looked like.