• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lolita fashion enthusiasts!

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Hi, I might have forgot to mention that I wear lolita fashion most every day, so it's something I really enjoy talking about. I'm not really into any communities about it because I'm shy, but I think it'd still be great to find others who enjoy talking about or wearing this kind of fashion! I personally usually wear pure gothic, punk, guro, hime and old-school styles. My favorite brand used to be Putumayo but they sadly closed when COVID hit...I'm still heartbroken </3

Now I believe I'm a fan of Atelier Pierrot and Metamorphose. Alice and the Pirates also has some nice stuff! But to be honest... as much as I love these brands, I wear indie brands most often. I like indie lolita brands because the styles are usually experimental, and I've loved more out there prints and styles lately. I also like embroidered lace more than prints themselves, I think it has a more regal air when the designs are embroidered.

Anyways! Please tell me about your favorite styles, if you're as picky with petticoats as I am or anything you feel about lolita fashion! It's my lifeblood. LOL.

OH MY GOD hiiiiiii!!

I'm into that sorta fashion too but haven't ever had the chance to try it because of...not being able to come out to my family.
I'm not exactly sure as to how I'd classify my style itself, maybe something a bit similar to like, "kawaii emo" or something. I also like streetwear too but it's just OK.

At least I know of actual brands now, before I was just stuck with my Pinterest board lolll

• Staff
OH MY GOD hiiiiiii!!

I'm into that sorta fashion too but haven't ever had the chance to try it because of...not being able to come out to my family.
I'm not exactly sure as to how I'd classify my style itself, maybe something a bit similar to like, "kawaii emo" or something. I also like streetwear too but it's just OK.

At least I know of actual brands now, before I was just stuck with my Pinterest board lolll
OH MY GOD HI ALSO!!! Sorry I’m so so late I just got done with my errands. I’m so glad to find some other enthusiasts!! Let’s see ‘kawaii emo’, I think you’d like menhera aesthetics like me! I like streetwear also but I usually only like it if it leans menhera. I hope you’ll be able to try out some fashion yourself soon, I’m sure coming out be it gender or sexuality is terrifying, and you’re so brave for even trying to be yourself now (I’m 23 and my parents still don’t know I’m bi. Thankfully I don’t visit them often. I’m terrified.)

It wasn’t too hard for my parents to come to terms with my fashion sense at least, there’s some outfits of mine they absolutely cannot see (the more gothic ones) but I can slip it by them usually. Maybe you can try with subtle things first, like Ouji-style, I remember I started with just blouses. Have you seen any brands you’ve taken to?

Guro style is basically menhera style lolita! I’m not sure why it’s called guro and not just menhera like the street fashion aesthetic. Think like… gothic looking nurses! Guro is more a niche style these days as it’s usually prints made to look bloody and the dresses are made to look somewhat clinical. I love it to death tbh

• Staff
That's super interesting!! I never even considered the word carrying a meaning outside of JP territory. Marley is a great character, I think she has one of the most interesting designs in Pokemon! I'd love to see even more of her in the main games tbh. We need more lolita trainers!

It is very cute!! Please show me if you put any of your characters in lolita! Do you have any styles you take to? I also tend to draw characters in coords I really want but can't afford...or can't justify wearing. I feel it.
I think it's the classic look will work best, but we'll just have to see

I like indie lolita brands because the styles are usually experimental, and I've loved more out there prints and styles lately. I also like embroidered lace more than prints themselves, I think it has a more regal air when the designs are embroidered.

My two (2) articles of Lolita clothing are both from Infanta, a Taobao brand. I also love lace & embroidery details, it's more subtle than just having prints on everything

I'd love to say I wear really experimental styles but I'm not brave enough honestly! I try to combine gothic lolita items with "normie" things, like wearing a gothic lolita blouse with a normal skirt/tights. I do own a petticoat which I wear under my normal (not lolita-style) black dress. The label "dark girly" might fit, but I'd describe myself as "toned down gothic lolita" or "lolita inspired goth".

Forgive me for forgetting my own thread for a few months! Allow me to remedy that right now with talking about my addiction once again!

But what is classic lolita?
Classic Lolita is a more ‘vintage’ style lolita. Often the designs don’t have prints, are in warm colors such as burgundy, brown, beige, and such (They can be in cool colors too! But it is less common.) It’s a look that people prefer when they want to wear lolita but not be ‘spotted’ for it, as the designs are often subdued.

Wish I had seen this thread sooner, probably one of my favorite styles of fashion.
WELL!! YOU’VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE NOW MY DEAR FRIEND!!

I am still goth (LOL)
me too bestie
My two (2) articles of Lolita clothing are both from Infanta, a Taobao brand. I also love lace & embroidery details, it's more subtle than just having prints on everything

I'd love to say I wear really experimental styles but I'm not brave enough honestly! I try to combine gothic lolita items with "normie" things, like wearing a gothic lolita blouse with a normal skirt/tights. I do own a petticoat which I wear under my normal (not lolita-style) black dress. The label "dark girly" might fit, but I'd describe myself as "toned down gothic lolita" or "lolita inspired goth".
Infanta! I don’t own any of their pieces but I’ve definitely heard of them! They are a bigger indie brand. Honestly! Don’t worry about not being brave enough, you’re not alone. My friends who also wear lolita prefer the more subdued aesthetics that can pass for casual lolita. I also incorporate accessories and what not into my daily wear when it’s not lolita! We are the same… What petticoat brand do you own? I’m VERY particular about my pettis, and love recommendations.

In other lolita news… Did you guys hear about the possible revival of Putumayo?! It will probably become a subsidiary of H.naoto (another beloved brand of mine) but… I’m very hopeful! I recently bought a Nameless Poet dress I had my eye on (bad financial decisions). I’m kind of in need of some more shoes, but if I’m being honest, shoes are the last thing I focus on when coording lolita.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom