• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Looker should be a recurring character in every region! Yay or nay?

Kelleo

Secret Sword of Justice
Reaction score
So, if you've played Platinum or gen 5 or watch the anime for either one of those, you might remember Looker. Ever since he made his debut in Platinum, he's always been going after the antagonistic teams. I think he's awesome, especially in the anime (beating the shit out of two Galactic grunts by himself and being a real master of disguise? Hell yeah!)! As long as there are antagonistic teams, I think Looker should show up in every region from now on! We've seen him in Sinnoh and Unova now, so why not? :D

Well, as long as he doesn't end up stale like Brock. This could be difficult though...

Hm....I wouldn't say in EVERY region, but regions that he would be good in? Yes. :3 I love the idea. Looker is awesome, and I definitely think he needs more of a part in the games. There wasn't enough of him in Platinum and B/W. :3

I Would be okay with this, He doesn't do all that much, so he shouldn't get stale anytime soon.
I certainly like the thought of Looker helping you take on Team Flair at some point - (maybe similar two how you go with Bianca in the volcano, or Cheren Later on).

Eh, I don't think the game should really have recurring characters. Take Cynthia: she's appeared in every main series game since her debut over 7 years ago. She's been way overused. I found Looker's appearance in BW great and a very well-suited role for him to take, but would I want to see him again and again? Probably not. I love the fact that the games can completely reinvent their setting with each new generation, and I feel overusing recurring characters is poor for both the series and the characters themselves who will wear out.

I can't really speak for the anime, but I really like Looker in the games! He's all bumbling and adorable and he reminds me a lot of Maxwell Smart in the Get Smart series. Besides, he's part of the International Police, so it's not like it would be out of place to see him in every region. I don't think I'd enjoy seeing him a lot throughout the plot in every single game (like Platinum), but it'd be great if he made a cameo. :eek:

I don't know about Looker specifically, but I do think it'd be nice to have the International Police return in some capacity. And I'd be fine if their role was minimal. I'd like for GF to expand on the organization (again minimal is fine for me) by having someone other than Looker be present in the game. I mean, Looker can't be the only agent of such authority searching for criminals.

Basically, having only Looker and no one else in game would be wasted opportunity I think.

It would be great if we saw more of the International Police besides Handsome. It would be a great way for the anime to expand on something that wasn't given much focus on in the video games.

I don't believe he should be in EVERY region, but being that he is an International Police member, it would make sense for him to appear periodically, or be mentioned. I wouldn't like seeing him in every region, though. Game-wise, at least.

For me, Looker didn't really leave much of an impression to really miss the guy (in fact, I completely forgot about him until I looked at this thread!). But I'm pretty indifferent if he were to make some cameos here and there in future Pokemon games.

As long as he doesn't get too stale, I think they could definitely fit him into Gen 6 taking on Team Flare. I'd like to see a more expanded role, maybe see some of his Pokemon, maybe battle alongside him, maybe work together such as Lance and Ethan/Lyra did in the Johto games in Team Rocket's base in Mahogany Town.

I'd rather have other characters who weren't fleshed out get a chance to appear in the new games (e.g., Benga) than Looker as much as I like him.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Looker should have his own spin-off. Game Freak spent their time making Soliti Horse and even tried to hype it up (well barely) in the midst of XY news. I'm glad Game Freak is trying out other types of games since that experience could possibly help with how they develop future Pokemon games, but given what it is, this really wouldn't help expand their horizons past what mini-games they should include in Pokemon. I was honestly hoping for a full fledged game.

With that said, why doesn't Game Freak try to expand its Pokemon Universe through spin-off cross-overs? Like Ace Investigations: Looker or Agent Looker.

But I also agree that game-wise, the International Police could play a bigger role, having someone else other than Looker.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom