• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Looker Sidequest or Delta Episode: Which did you enjoy the most?

Which of the 2 sidequests did you enjoy the most?

• Looker Sidequest

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Delta Episode

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Niether

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I enjoyed both equally

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Delta Episode was good, indeed, but Looker sidequest brought me feels.

I go for the good old D... Looker.

Delta Episode doesn't have an akward "good guy and major villain eating dinner together" scene, that alone makes it better imo. Plus, Delta Episode felt bigger and grander in scope. Looker's was fun, but it's ending felt so akward to me.

I'd love to see them expand these types of sidequests, both Looker's episodic ones and Delta's 'movie'-like [best way I can describe it] ones in the future. I think they would make for some fantastic DLC for the games, having a story involving legendaries >>>>>>> distributions any day imo. same with the looker missions, I'd much rather have something like that to develop characters than simple text

Well on one side we have Zinnia, and on the other we have Looker. The Looker Side-quest easily is my favorite of the two.

I honestly can't remember much of the Delta Episode (which is sad because I only did it a two months ago), whereas with the Looker Side-quest I feel I can remember most of it (which I did more than a year ago). The Looker Side-quest gave more focus on Xerosic, Malva, an international police officer, and a new, normal teenage girl. On the other hand, the Delta Episode gave focus to Team Magma/Aqua, Steven, scientists , and... A crazy teenage girl. I will admit that the focus Professor Cozmo got was nice, but the other characters were either the main focus of the main game or just bad.

I also felt like the Delta Episode had you running around a lot for pointless things, but the Looker Side-quest didn't feel like that to me. It was also a lot more emotional and I actually cared for the situation occurring and wanted to know what happened next, but in the Delta Episode it was pretty obvious that Hoenn would be safe in the end, and I didn't really care to follow around Zinnia. Yes, her theme is amazing, but not her character. The entire Draconid thing seemed kinda stupid to me, to be honest. Maybe if there was some talk about it in the main game, but meh. It's an interesting idea, but horribly fell in execution.

I do like how there's an actual story to getting Rayquaza and Deoxys now instead of just having them appear, but it would help if I actually enjoyed the story they were involved in. So... Yeah. The Looker Side-quest >>>>> The Delta Episode.

I'm glad to see a lot of you leaving your comments, and voting. I just wanted to see how the BMGf community thought about the two sidequests, so keep the comments coming. :)

Of the two, the Looker Quest doesn't even come close to the experience I got out of the Delta Episode, and I really liked the Looker sidequest too; the Delta Episode was just that much better for me. These are probably the two best post-game quests for me, especially since they were heavy on the story and used the best characters.

Delta had the superior characters, and even if you don't count Zinnia (whom I still like but everyone else here doesn't apparently), we have returning characters from ORAS's main story which includes a heavy presence of Steven and Team Magma/Aqua, expanding on what we have already dealt with before, just from a different angle. This especially works well if you love these characters, which I especially did. I especially loved the ending scene where everything about these characters feels about wrapped up.

There's also tons of references to Emerald, my personal favorite game of all time, so I can say I was greatly satisfied with the results. I won't list all of the references here, but we had Wallace's Champion team (which happened to sweep me nearly twice; I had to resort to training in AS and Mega Evolution in OR), and the Match Call system among others.

Best of all we had the ability to capture not one, but two legends, which is something the Looker quest didn't have. Encountering Rayquaza and Deoxys felt epic in some way, as these are important species to the Pokemon lore, and one even gets to experience their back-stories in a new way. We also finally got to capture a previously event-exclusive legend, making the Delta Episode feel even more large scale compared to Looker's quest.

I have a bit more on the Delta Episode in my blog if you want to read more. Even still there are definitely some things I could talk about more and expand upon when it comes to this, but I'll leave it at that for now.

That isn't to say the Looker quest was bad in a way; I just happen to prefer the Delta Episode.

The XY post-game felt shorter compared to the Delta Episode, and unfortunately one could play XY without playing the Looker Episode (I skipped it on subsequent playthroughs of my X and Y versions), but it still had it's strong suits. I can't remember too much of it, but it was still interesting enough to get me wanting to go through the whole thing. I loved the new character of the episode, and Looker helped bridge the gap between the new and the old for previous players. Looker himself is interesting in general, which is mostly why I enjoyed it, as he has found himself in each generation since his introduction, and he shows up in the anime from time to time. The reappearance of some Team Flare members was also nice with Malva and Xerosic playing some roles in the story.

Unfortunately for the Looker quest, everything it did, the Delta Episode did better: better battles, characters and story, more legends, and overall felt more epic. However with that being said, I think if the games keep going on with these post-game stories, I think the future games to come are in some good hands.

Also, wow it looks like I wrote a lot. I guess that's what happens when you love something. I somewhat wish I organized my thoughts a little better, but I think I got what I needed to say out.

Delta Episode, as it was cool catching a Mythical in-game, which is rare.

Looker sidequest by the longest of shots, which is surprising since I hadn't been particularly interested in the character before. The Delta Episode was thorougly not something I enjoyed for several reasons. I wasn't interested in Rayquaza or Deoxys, I don't like how the alternate dimensions concept was being spent on pulling out references and pandering for the original games, and I seriously didn't appreciate how the game sought to portray Zinnia as some hero when she knowingly put the world in jeopardy by helping Aqua/Magma awaken Kyogre/Groudon just on the off chance it'd get Rayquaza's attention (and I didn't even mention when she screwed that plan to warp the meteor away on the random ass hunch that it puts some purely hypothetical Hoenn in danger).

Frankly, I'd have preferred it if Zinnia was truly as mad as she looked...

Delta episode, was more interesting learning about Rayquaza and exploring the idea of parallel universes. Also gave us most the emerald features without making an emerald remake or something

Been a long while since I’ve partaken in either, but I’m gonna go with the Looker quest. Delta Episode had some really cool lore bits and a fantastic climax, but for most of it I remember basically just flying from one dialogue dump to the next. The Looker quest was more enjoyable throughout.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom