• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Looker

Fudgenuggets

H...a...p...p...y
Reaction score
So Looker somehow ended up in Hoenn washed up on the shores of the Battle Resort with amnesia. He doesn't know who he is or what he is doing there. Then he stays in some lady's house. The end.

So what's the pint of his appearance in the game? Its like they introduce him, and that's it. No side quest. No story. I've read some theories about him being some space-time traveler. So how did he even end up in Hoenn? I've heard some people saying that this is Looker's first appearance chronologically, meaning this was before he joined the International Police. So what is he doing in Hoenn?

Tdiwxlq.png

9uuJYAX.png

it looms over the horizon, its arrival ticking down like the hands on a clock
a clock that will be reset over and over again
(the answer to this riddle can be found on the BMGf)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's his origin story. That's why he calls himself Looker. He's looking for who he is.

ORAS has been making a lot of references to other media. In Episode Delta, Steven mentions having seen Rayquaza before with a trainer who had a Black Charizard, in reference to Alain and Mega Charizard X from the Mega Evolution Specials. Then, we find a picture in Shelly's room with her, Archie, and Jirachi from when they were younger, in reference to its appearance with Archie in Pokemon Special.

My personal theory is that Looker was the Global Police Agent on the SS Anne, and the SS Anne had actually sunk in reference to the anime episode. Looker probably fell overboard and washed up on the Battle Resort with his memories lost.

Looker's first appearance was in Platinum (the second part of the timeline), then in Black/White (the third) and now finally X/Y (the fourth and latest, and presumably a decade after ORAS). So yeah, ORAS (which is at the very beginning of the timeline) is Looker's first chronological appearance. But considering he said he felt as if he had something important to do, I feel like he's already part of the International Police.

I like the theory that he was the cop on the SS Anne. It would retroactively put him in both R/G/B/Y and FR/LG. I don't know how I feel about Team Rocket making it sink like in the anime. It would definitely have to happen after Red kills Blue's Raticate and stomps out all Rocket members and leaves, but I don't know if it'd fit with the timeline. We don't even know how much time separates the Hoenn and Kanto games.

I doubt Team Rocket actually made the SS Anne sink (though maybe that's how the events did unfold in the games). All the other references to other media certainly did not imply the events unfolded in the exact same way. Archie definitely didn't use Jirachi to achieve his goals, and game-verse!Alain would be several years older than he is in the Mega Evolution specials.

Alternatively, Looker was discovered by Team Rocket and thrown overboard.

A Swimmer said he felt something falling into the water a week earlier. I wonder if Looker crashed a plane or a time machine (LOL)

No point, just throwing him in for fanservice (the original kind). This duo is full of it!

I think the reason he's supposed to be there is to investigate the Battle Chatlaines. Notice how they seem to be the same age in both XY and ORAS. Most likely, the memory loss was inflicted by the Chatlaines themselves, with the exception of poor shy Evelyn. I think there's going to be some sort of DLC side quest involving a conspiracy for the Chatlaines to keep the Battle Frontier from being built, with Evelyn helping you and Looker stop her sisters from ruining Scott's dream. In the end, this gets the attention of the International Police, who then hires Looker and offering to help restore his memories.

I still think he's the Doctor, who just died in a shipwreck and regenerated (and got post-regeneration trauma). Soon he'll meet his companion, Croagunk.

I think the reason he's supposed to be there is to investigate the Battle Chatlaines. Notice how they seem to be the same age in both XY and ORAS. Most likely, the memory loss was inflicted by the Chatlaines themselves, with the exception of poor shy Evelyn. I think there's going to be some sort of DLC side quest involving a conspiracy for the Chatlaines to keep the Battle Frontier from being built, with Evelyn helping you and Looker stop her sisters from ruining Scott's dream. In the end, this gets the attention of the International Police, who then hires Looker and offering to help restore his memories.

I think the reason the Chatelaines look the same is because the game developers were lazy and just used the same models from XY for the Maison. I don't think it'll lead to any kind of side plot.

I still think he's the Doctor, who just died in a shipwreck and regenerated (and got post-regeneration trauma). Soon he'll meet his companion, Croagunk.

And later, Emma. (But seems some alternate Rose found him first and now I officially name Battle Resort's beach as Dårlig Ulv Stranden).

Well, jokes apart, not directly the Doctor, but heavily inspired after him. After all, Platinum's development time matches almost perfectly Tennant's era. And now I really think Looker's in-universe origin is not "mundane" at all.

Oh, Looker makes an appearance in ORAS too? Awesome! I'm a big Looker fan and he's my second favorite Pokemon character after Cilan. :D

I don't care if it's just a small random appearance, it's Looker!

Im telling you guys, Hoopa shenanigans. Whatever happened to the looker of this universe made this one appear.

Remember that Looker gives us the Audino Mega stone, the only Unova Pokemon who can Mega evolve as of now...Maybe he was trying to stop N's coronation or something?

Anyway, my two theories are:

-Another subtle hint to a future game, like the backpacker from XY.

-Another example of "We'll include this character that everyone loves, but we won't let him say anything important so the canon isn't messed".

The Audino mega stone was pretty random, but I attribute this to video game logic rather than a storyline reason. Looker probably just happened to somehow fall through one of those inter-dimensional hoops, or something equally as strange. I mean, a guy who washes up somewhere with amnesia can never have a normal backstory, right?

The Audino mega stone was pretty random, but I attribute this to video game logic rather than a storyline reason. Looker probably just happened to somehow fall through one of those inter-dimensional hoops, or something equally as strange. I mean, a guy who washes up somewhere with amnesia can never have a normal backstory, right?
Reverse PMD logic. In some alternative universe Looker was a Pokemon (Audino perhaps?). He was sent to the main series world to stop year aqua/magma or something. The wormhole he was going through failed, he lost his memories, and became human!!
Or its just fanservice (or DLC) but the alternative universe theory is sooooooo much cooler.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom