• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Looking for help for new team formation

Icestar649

The Rising Trainer
Reaction score
I am working on several new teams at the moment. I am trying to get deeper into the competitive battling circuit. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. besides ideas i would like a person who could help supply me with HA,s if needed.

I could help you on any questions and can give you tips on the OU metagame. Even team build! D: Lol
Soooo..... Ask away~! :D

so what about on team build first i need to choose a pokemon to build a team around though.

We could suggest Pokémon we like, but that own't help if you dislike them/don't fit your playstyle. You need to give us something before we can help you - how about your favorite Pokémon? Which is that?

In addition to what was said about us being unable to help without anything to work with from you, I should add with regard to HAs that no one man can provide you with any HA you might need: you'd be better off on the GTS for that, while we'll help with actual teambuilding. :)

ok then so really i am just a jack of all trades but i prefer dark types and bulky pokemon

Well... if a bulky Dark-type it is, then it is Mandibuzz. Which is a great wall.

Bisharp, Mandibuzz, Sableye, Scrafty, Tyranitar, Drapion, Skuntank all fit the 'bulky dark' description. Like any of those in particular?

so mandibuzz...ok how often is it used

It's OU, one of the best physical walls in the tier :)

Erm... frankly, the frequency of usage of a Pokemon isn't the most relevant of things when teambuilding. It's only used for Smogon tiering.
Mandibuzz has quite a bit of usage, but by itself it's irrelevant.

Glory Blaze i really like Bisharp Scrafty and Skunktank they seem a bit unusual

Of those three only Skuntank actually is unusual as in "not used often". :)
And Bisharp is most definitely something a team can be built around.

Bisharp, Mandibuzz, Sableye, Scrafty, Tyranitar, Drapion, Skuntank all fit the 'bulky dark' description. Like any of those in particular?

so mandibuzz...ok how often is it used

It's OU, one of the best physical walls in the tier :)

Erm... frankly, the frequency of usage of a Pokemon isn't the most relevant of things when teambuilding. It's only used for Smogon tiering.
Mandibuzz has quite a bit of usage, but by itself it's irrelevant.

i like sableye scrafty Skunktank and Bisharp.

alexey the reason i was asking is because i like to use pokemon people dont often see as each species has value.

Glory Blaze i really like Bisharp Scrafty and Skunktank they seem a bit unusual

Bisharp is top-tier OU, it can run a bulky Pursuit trapping Assault Vest set or a sweeper with Life Orb/Black Glasses and Swords Dance, but either way Knock Off is a staple move on it so you'll need Bank and B2/W2 if you want to use it.

Scrafty can also run Assault Vest, with Intimidate, Dragon Tail, Drain Punch, and Knock Off making it a great mixed wall/tank, or it can use Dragon Dance + Moxie to sweep.

Skuntank is one of very few Defoggers that are not weak to BoltBeam, so it fits exceedingly well on teams that are already Flying/Dragon/Water heavy. It also packs Pursuit and sucker Punch like Bisharp to act as a great trapper.

Which one sounds like it would fit your playstyle the best?

I myself dislike using Pokemon that are in every second team, so I know that feel. Any Pokemon can be used. That is exactly what Smogon tiers are for: so that every Pokemon can be used in competitition with others which are at about its level.
Also, you never know whether a Pokemon you will need specifically for your team, for your playstyle, is widely used or not used at all. :)

If you're newer to playing competitive I would recommend building a team that is easier to play with like a VolTurn team before you move onto different play styles like Hyper Offense, Stall or Balance.

VolTurn is very simple to use and easy to build as well as my personal favorite play style.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom