• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Looking Forward: As the Rumor Mill Turns: Outlook and speculation from a life long di

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Looking Forward: As the Rumor Mill Turns: Outlook and speculation from a life lon

I think that Fakemon make it more fun. I myself have made fake Eeveelutions, etc. The only thing i'm really pissed about is the whole thing between CoroCoro and Pokemon Sunday. They're pretty much playing tag.

Re: Looking Forward: As the Rumor Mill Turns: Outlook and speculation from a life lon

I personally started playing Pokemon almost two years ago. These opinions of people who actually were around for the PokeGods are really interesting. And, in a way, I too have been made restless over B&W.

Did the moderators ban Gliscor'd for this? Talk about serious business. I'm almost too scared to post here.

But I will. And I take that fan dumb quip as a way of calling us out to fight. But I refuse to take it.

Let us have our fun, speculate about whatever. If you think we're bad, check out GameFAQ's Pokémon Black board. It's beyond mortal understanding where some of their ideas came from.

I think I completely missed the point. So sorry if that's the case, but I don't think this one article's going to change anything.

When we finally do get a new Pokemon or bit of information there a few pages of either "I like it" or "Meh" before everyone forgets and moves on to wanting more.

He said everyone, but I know for sure "everyone" doesn't always do that. A lot of fans, I would say me partially, actually enjoy the designs, learning about why it was created, move sets, and everything about everything.

So many leaks are fun to me because you haven't played the game yet so you don't know any of the personalities of any one. You don't have to just assume that that one Gym Leader is depressed, your imagination is open to the endless speculation. Even when they turn out to be fakes, I get a little sad inside because I might have liked the designs. But hey! I save those photos because they are amazing art and I go on with my life.

SmearglePaints rubbed off to me as someone who sticks in the past, always lingering on what was not what will be. I am sure (s)he is different in real life, but ultimately it's what I felt he was conveying.

He said everyone, but I know for sure "everyone" doesn't always do that. A lot of fans, I would say me partially, actually enjoy the designs, learning about why it was created, move sets, and everything about everything.

So many leaks are fun to me because you haven't played the game yet so you don't know any of the personalities of any one. You don't have to just assume that that one Gym Leader is depressed, your imagination is open to the endless speculation. Even when they turn out to be fakes, I get a little sad inside because I might have liked the designs. But hey! I save those photos because they are amazing art and I go on with my life.

SmearglePaints rubbed off to me as someone who sticks in the past, always lingering on what was not what will be. I am sure (s)he is different in real life, but ultimately it's what I felt he was conveying.
That's a healthy attitude to have. I always like finding things out, and with about 100 new monsters there will be enough in the game to surprise me even if I learn all about the starters and mascots.

Funny story: back when the hype for Brawl started, I decided to try and predict what the roster would be. My initial prediction was, in hindsight, astonishingly accurate: I had Krystal instead of Wolf, Lucario was "Mewtwo or other", Toon Link was "some other version of Link" and ROB was "someone from the NES era", but other than that, I had the entire roster, including its size (I think I was about 50/50 on the inclusion of Sonic).

Then I joined Smashboards, and within weeks I was convinced we'd be getting close to 50 characters, including Lip and Jill Dozer and Midna and probably Bomberman. Imagine my surprise when the roster turned out to be just as small as I'd originally thought.

I won a contest on a forum to guess the final roster by being too conservative with my predictions for how many fighters would be included. While most predictions shot upwards of fifty, I hovered right around 38 if I recall correctly and won an art comission of Pokemon Trainer out of it. :-D

I started playing when I was 7 I think and my first game was Silver so I never understood most of the "they changed it now it sucks" attitude some people have to some of the new pokemon, as far as coolness goes I have to give it to gen III they were some of my favorite with gen 1 being the second worst only beaten by gen 4 thanks to all the ugly evolutions, seriosly we had poop, flying magnets, and electric balls, basically any pokemon I didnt like I disliked

I escpecially have a dislike for human like pokemon because to me monsters should be monsters jinx and a few others come to mind; there is a reason I stopped playing digimon, its bacause in the end everything turns into a humalike monster and Im like wtf why is my dinosaur now a knight or worse a machine

so there in my book dogs, cats, dinos and any other animal or thing is cool, when I built a team back then I didnt know about stats; all I cared about were which ones look cool

And to anyone who thinks I'm just hating on Gen 1 cuz I wasnt around yet
My current HG team is Typlosion, Ampharparos, Archanine, Jolteon, Nidoking, and Golduck; whats that I see 4 Gen 1 pokemon so dont think I hate them all. just the ugly ones.

And as far as rumors and fake scans I like them they are fun to discuss
and If after finding out they were fake I feel disappointed; then I know that these games are still worth playing because the are as exciting now as they were back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom