• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Looking Forward: Forever Speculating: Outlook and speculation from a lifelong die-har

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Looking Forward: Forever Speculating: Outlook and speculation from a lifelong die-hard

It all leads up to Saturday. Pokémon Black and White are released this Saturday, but you already know that. You’ve followed the news each week, and even if you haven’t, you probably noticed the countdown ticking down ever closer on the Bulbapedia front page. The games won’t be released stateside until next Spring, but the information floodgates will be opened. We’ll see every single new Pokémon, we’ll know all of the new features, we’ll know the new moves. Forums everywhere will ignite with discussions, praises, and arguments about Generation V. Flame wars like we’ve never seen could be waiting to erupt and burn this side of the internet to the ground.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Looking Forward: Forever Speculating: Outlook and speculation from a lifelong die

So there's a Top 10 List on the way?

Where's my lighter fluid...

Re: Looking Forward: Forever Speculating: Outlook and speculation from a lifelong die

If you need any help with the top 10's you have a willing volunteer a PM click away.

Ohhh boy, this is going to be a good Top 10.

That was a nice read, especially on the 'franchise is evolving' part. It's sad that I wont get to read more of this article, but I'm glad you did these anyways.

Although I didn't really display much praise in your columns (I still read them, you know), it's really sad but understandable to see you stop this, but I appreciate your effort. Still, I am looking forward to the top 10 from you guys!

Great article. I also believe the possibility of a third game is very likely.

I think it's the nicest article you've written. I, for one, will be getting the third version only.

A Top 10 list? Really?

This is a new low for Bulbanews.

Last edited:

I'm quite curious as to what the criteria for the Top 10 list will include. Design? Battle prowess? Stats? I'm getting my seat ready for this one.

As for the article, I still find them good reads, even if I haven't agreed with everything said in them, but I still find certain points in them to be valid.

So there's a Top 10 List on the way?

Where's my lighter fluid...

And a bottom ten...

I can tell you though, I believe Pat and I have completely different tastes when it comes to the art style of the monsters themselves... so I wouldn't be surprised if some of his top ten is on my bottom ten, and vice-versa.

I'm quite curious as to what the criteria for the Top 10 list will include. Design? Battle prowess? Stats? I'm getting my seat ready for this one.

Design (maybe typing as well, but mostly design). Many like to deny it, but the gut reactions, and much of what goes into building one's team, comes from what the monster looks like...

As for this Forever Speculating piece itself, great way to conclude the main thread of the Looking Forward series, Pat.

Last edited:

On the design note, we might not have all the Sugimori Art by then and, in my opinion, I think the Sugimori Art can definitely have an influence on likes and dislikes more so than looking at the sprites.

But that's just my opinion.

So now it's OK if Bulbanews gets filled with pointless Top 10 lists?

Since when are they considered news/information?

Again. Open your local newspaper. They have opinions, right? If they are a larger paper, it probably has a movie critic... well, movie critics typically publish top/bottom ten lists at the end of the year.

Bulbanews is a Pokemon Newspaper. Newspapers have opinions. Top/Bottom ten lists are a way to fit a lot of opinion in one piece.

This column didn't get of to the best start but its improved greatly since then. :)

*Waits for Top 10 list*

Again. Open your local newspaper. They have opinions, right? If they are a larger paper, it probably has a movie critic... well, movie critics typically publish top/bottom ten lists at the end of the year.

Bulbanews is a Pokemon Newspaper. Newspapers have opinions. Top/Bottom ten lists are a way to fit a lot of opinion in one piece.

The fifth generation is about to start, and as such there is a truckload of real articles that could be written. But no! We need a list about "My top 10 favorite/hated new Pokemon" that can be written in under fifteen minutes. This is an obvious attempt to fill space without much effort, and to start a stupid controversy.

Do we really need people arguing about why Pokemon X is above Pokemon Y? What good will this highly subjective list bring?

Then write a Gen V article if you want one written so bad.

The fifth generation is about to start, and as such there is a truckload of real articles that could be written. But no! We need a list about "My top 10 favorite/hated new Pokemon" that can be written in under fifteen minutes. This is an obvious attempt to fill space without much effort, and to start a stupid controversy.

Do we really need people arguing about why Pokemon X is above Pokemon Y? What good will this highly subjective list bring?

No one forces you to read it, and it's not away from your server space so I fail to see why you even care.

Then write a Gen V article if you want one written so bad.

Looks like I struck a nerve.

UltimateSephiroth said:
No one forces you to read it, and it's not away from your server space so I fail to see why you even care.

Dont' worry. I definitely won't be wasting my time reading the flamewars that this list will create on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom