• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Looking Forward: Generational Rot: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Looking Forward: Generational Rot: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-h

Im confused why is everyone making such a big deal about this article??

Re: Looking Forward: Generational Rot: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-h

We DO have forum blogs for opinions too... ;)

I think part of a lot of people's problems is that the bulbaNEWS feed is put to bulbaPEDIA, including the editorials. so, people not necessarily interested in the non-news sections of the bulbanews website still see it on the main page of bulbapedia. if it is true that bulbanews is meant to be able to stand on its own feet as "your community Pokémon newspaper" as well as part of the bulbagarden network, then not necessarily all of bulbanews's stuff belongs on the main page of bulbapedia.

Yeah because the full list of articles listed in that section is obscured by the most recent thing posted right? I mean a total of two out of ten articles that made it on the Bulbapedia feed are editorials. How can I possibly figure out what's news >_>

btw, all I needed to do was look at the title to discern what was news and what was an editorial. Not that hard guys.

EDIT: Oh wait its three, I guess my casual gaze at that list missed one due to the large number of actual news articles that made it on there >_>

What I find surprising is how I have the ability to tell when an actual news article is talking about something I don't care about like, maybe anime episode titles and don't click, and those come every week, while the occasional editorial that 90% of the people who posted here don't like is so hard to avoid for the common schmuck. It must be a gift

Last edited:

Im confused why is everyone making such a big deal about this article??

The reason why everyone is arguing about this article is ironically the same reason that the article was written in the first place: people have a general idea on what Pokémon/Bulbapedia is about, but any real deviation from the "orignal idea" and they get annoyed that it doesn't seem to "fit" with the rest.

The reason why everyone is arguing about this article is ironically the same reason that the article was written in the first place: people have a general idea on what Pokémon/Bulbapedia is about, but any real deviation from the "orignal idea" and they get annoyed that it doesn't seem to "fit" with the rest.
Well, at least someone managed to tell me what the article was addressing since I was kind of confused by it, I thought it was just stating what we can all plainly see.

You, sir, are an intelligent man.

You win.

That's not our problem at all. Our problem is the article is the same thing we've read on Bulbanews several times before and at this point it's just making this experiment into editorials counterproductive. We want to read things that interest us, not the same thing reiterated by a half-dozen different people.

That's not our problem at all. Our problem is the article is the same thing we've read on Bulbanews several times before and at this point it's just making this experiment into editorials counterproductive. We want to read things that interest us, not the same thing reiterated by a half-dozen different people.

That's true as well, but look at it this way: Now that an offical article about the subject has been written, don't expect a similar one in the near future.

So don't read it if it doesn't interest you? I don't read news updates on the anime, yet here you are on this thread.

That's true as well, but look at it this way: Now that an offical article about the subject has been written, don't expect a similar one in the near future.
This is something like the third or fourth article I've read covering this general issue. If no one had said anything I wouldn't be surprised if more came.

This is something like the third or fourth article I've read covering this general issue. If no one had said anything I wouldn't be surprised if more came.

Coming from somebody who doesn't know anything about this, what were the two or three that you read before this one?

Coming from somebody who doesn't know anything about this, what were the two or three that you read before this one?
HeartGold and SoulSilver- a return to form or a lazy rehash?

Generation III: Criticized too often?

Generation IV: A look back

Black & White; first impressions

At their most basic, each of these editorials are essentially comparing the newer generations to the older. Sometimes the older generations are treated favorably, sometimes not. Moreover, now counting this latest editorial, there appears to be a downward trend in the substance of the articles premiered: originally fairly intellectual and in-depth towards this final article that gets right to the point: a plain observation on things we all know.

I just want to read something more than this topic. Yeah, we get it, the older generations were good/bad and HeartGold and SoulSilver/Black and White have a lot riding on them. A lot more can be said about the Pokemon fandom and the franchise in general than this.

It's a good article to be sure, but it doesn't really amount to much other than, "Some people hate these pokemon. Others like them."

HeartGold and SoulSilver- a return to form or a lazy rehash?

Generation III: Criticized too often?

Generation IV: A look back

Black & White; first impressions

At their most basic, each of these editorials are essentially comparing the newer generations to the older. Sometimes the older generations are treated favorably, sometimes not. Moreover, now counting this latest editorial, there appears to be a downward trend in the substance of the articles premiered: originally fairly intellectual and in-depth towards this final article that gets right to the point: a plain observation on things we all know.

I just want to read something more than this topic. Yeah, we get it, the older generations were good/bad and HeartGold and SoulSilver/Black and White have a lot riding on them. A lot more can be said about the Pokemon fandom and the franchise in general than this.
I agree with this article just stating observations that, if you are active in this fandom, you would have noticed and wouldn't need to read. The writer didn't really post an opinion, and the article is only really interesting to those not of the fandom (assuming they were interested in the first place). It doesn't help that it seems like a plug-in to advertise their blog that I don't want to read considering how the article was written.

See, why couldn't we discuss that >_>

For the record, this article was mainly intended to be an introduction to the column, which will discuss the new features of Black and White and speculate on them.

For the record, this article was mainly intended to be an introduction to the column, which will discuss the new features of Black and White and speculate on them.

Well, if that's the case, I'll reserve judgment until I see more of it, but I feel speculation is best kept on the forums since we're able to respond to each other.

It doesn't help that it seems like a plug-in to advertise their blog that I don't want to read considering how the article was written.
This. My friend and I laughed at this... It was almost blatant. The guy wasn't even a member over here. It would be nice for someone actually active in this community to speak, though I don't know the specifics.

Well, if that's the case, I'll reserve judgment until I see more of it, but I feel speculation is best kept on the forums since we're able to respond to each other.

gotta agree with you there but for some reason i alwys check bulbanews first dont know why?

This. My friend and I laughed at this... It was almost blatant. The guy wasn't even a member over here. It would be nice for someone actually active in this community to speak, though I don't know the specifics.

It was an About Me blurb. I admit I was not part of the forum community until now, but I will state I visit Bulbapedia for either news or information almost every day.

(clapping hands)
Bravo. Excellent work, lad. Couldn't've said it better myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom