• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Looking Forward: The Plasma Report: TOP SECRET

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Looking Forward: The Plasma Report: TOP SECRET

Greetings my fellow leaders of Team Rocket. I write to you from a location I must keep secret, but I assure you I am planning a glorious and triumphant return as you read this. Like Ho-oh rising from the ashes, we will return again, more powerful than before. But there is a more pressing matter at hand: a newly discovered rival in the Isshu region, Team Plasma.

Read more on Bulbanews

Team Rocket will rise again; greater, more powerful, and more feared than any other group on Earth. I have a plan, perhaps my greatest yet, to tilt the balance of the world into the favor of Team Rocket. We will begin soon.

Son of a bitch... they're planning another forum takeover. Maybe we should have a Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma Takeover once Black and White are released?:p

I don't believe it... even Cyrus can "horrify" the Magnificent Bastard himself. o_O

But anyways... I'm really anxious to see what the full extent of Plasma's plans are. I'm suprised that "Giovanni" had completely missed the part where they go around and steal other's Pokemon in order to liberate them from their trainers though. Gio, I DISAPPOINT!

The presentation is slightly silly, but the article itself... It can easily be explained.

Due to the fact that Pokémon themselves are never portrayed as evil on their own, the major antagonistic force is going to always be people who use Pokémon to further their own goals. It's just that the goals are getting more and more elaborate. In much the same ways that legendaries get more and more fantastic as the series goes on, so do the evil teams.

We started with regular criminals who merely use Pokémon for profit (although fanon would tell you that they had a hand in creating Mewtwo... which they did not). As the game's various plots got more complex, the next step is to of course, use the box legendary to further their goals. For Gen V we will be getting much the same. They may want to use the powers of either Reshiram or Zekrom (so far, both have powers over fire and electricity... both of which are plasma-based) to do... something. So far they seem to want to separate Pokémon from people. Whatever that might mean.

EDIT: I'm sick of Team Rocket wanking though. Is it a nostalgia thing? I mean, as the series goes onward, Team Rocket is becoming less and less of a legitimate threat. Especially when bigger and badder villainous forces come out of the woodwork. What makes Team Rocket so popular... That might be a better article to write about.

We started with regular criminals who merely use Pokémon for profit (although fanon would tell you that they had a hand in creating Mewtwo... which they did not).

Fanon that was furthered by the anime.

Fanon that was furthered by the anime.

Bullshit. I don't really remember Team Rocket scientists ACTUALLY MAKING Mewtwo. I think they only enlisted it into their services. Only to make the classic mistake of treating it as any other Pokémon. Which was a costly error.

I don't see why Team Rocket couldn't have been involved in the creation of Mewtwo, though of course there's no in-game evidence to support this. However, there is some evidence that Sabrina (or at least some members of her gym) were involved in the Silph Co. takeover. That'd be cool if true.

what was that? It's not NEWS!

Open your local newspaper. Does it have opinions, personality pieces, and even the occasional short story?

Thought so.

BulbaNews is an interwebs newspaper. In the past, columns and other non-news pieces were common (See: Columns). This rejuvenation of regular columns started months ago. There are even three other non-news pieces currently on the front page (The Stuff of Legend and two Origin of Species pieces), so it isn't like this change should come as a shock at this point.

Don't like non-news in your newspaper? Well, you can always not click on it.

Last edited:
Bullshit. I don't remember Team Rocket ever ACTUALLY MAKING Mewtwo only enlisting it into their services... Only to make the classic mistake of treating it as any other Pokémon. Which is costly since well, it is a far more powerful Pokémon.

It was stated in the opening narration, "Giovanni is financing our experiment, for he wants to control the most powerful Pokémon in the world."

Bullshit. I don't really remember Team Rocket scientists ACTUALLY MAKING Mewtwo. I think they only enlisted it into their services. Only to make the classic mistake of treating it as any other Pokémon. Which was a costly error.
Treating it as any other Pokemon? Giovanni had specially made armour to suppress its power so it was easier to control.

It was stated in the opening narration, "Giovanni is financing our experiment, for he wants to control the most powerful Pokémon in the world."

Well I'm sorry I don't spend my time watching terrible movies.

I don't understand the passive aggression to such a simple response. Besides, the first movie was released during the peak of Pokemon's fad phase, most children have probably watched it at the time. It's not too far out of the question an older fan would have seen it, compared to the recent movies which go straight to DVD. Your response makes it seem like you've watched it too >_>

OMFG HE IS ALIVE
that is interesting to right an article like that but i do believe that N is the leader of plasma and he/them wants to use pokemon as slaves and i guess do want reshiram and zekrom for retarded reasons, correct me if im wrong

You get a piece of information wrong and now you have to resort to aggression? Just own the fuck up and say "oops, my mistake".

As for this report, I'm not one of those people who get a kick out of the mock-fiction.

Suicide theory = Debunked.
Not even a theory. Just a retard fanwank. Honestly, a good article would be on the literal flood of halfbaked fan "theories" people post and the torrent of "Omg. I never realized that!" replies that come after.

Suicide doesn't even make sense for a kid's game like Pokémon.

That isn't even the point! The point is: the plots of each new game's evil organizations have gotten darker and eviller. Plasma's may be even worse than the last. Team "Raid On the City Knock Out Evil Tusks"'s actions are petty by comparison.

Maybe they should be new villains in Pokémon Ranger. Those teams (Go-Rock, Dim Sun) are still on brainwashing Pokémon to perform evil deeds. I think TR'd fit right in. Anyone else with me?

Ugh. Might have been interesting if it were at least well-written fanfic.

Why do people like me prefer Team Rocket? Maybe because they seem like realistic villains with realistic goals (organized crime involving Pokemon), rather than raving idiots ('I'll remake the world!' bs). Maybe because their grunts make sense (small-time criminals working for a larger syndicate, with standardized burgling uniforms (see also why I like the Foot in the 1990 TMNT movie)), rather than being clueless cultists (see especially Team Galactic) who dress like clowns (no offense to clowns intended).

Basically, Team Rocket seems like they could be real villains in the everyday Pokemon world, without relying on escalating legendaries.

Ugh. Might have been interesting if it were at least well-written fanfic.

Why do people like me prefer Team Rocket? Maybe because they seem like realistic villains with realistic goals (organized crime involving Pokemon), rather than raving idiots ('I'll remake the world!' bs). Maybe because their grunts make sense (small-time criminals working for a larger syndicate, with standardized burgling uniforms (see also why I like the Foot in the 1990 TMNT movie)), rather than being clueless cultists (see especially Team Galactic) who dress like clowns (no offense to clowns intended).

Basically, Team Rocket seems like they could be real villains in the everyday Pokemon world, without relying on escalating legendaries.

exactly no one in real life try to conquer the world besides hitler but thats not the case, everyday there is robbers and drug dealers, not people who want to fill the earth with water or land, because even criminals think "THAT IS FUCKIN RATARDED" but really, with pokemon people can accomplish a lot more things but yet magma/aqua/galactic had plans that would literally kill everyone including themselves yet team rocket were more like ordinary criminals, thus, i dont want plasma doing anything retard either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom