• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Looking Forward: The Plasma Report: TOP SECRET

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only hope that Black and White get released sooner so we can stop seeing these alleged opinion pieces.

I can only hope that Black and White get released sooner so we can stop seeing these alleged opinion pieces.

do you mean japan or everywhere else? regardless we will find out when it comes out in japan in september but still, hope plasma isnt a retarded team

Anywhere.

I mean, if anybody wanted, I could post an article full of mindless, meaningless twaddle backed up by statistics. It might be slightly more relevant then this opinion piece, of which the only thing we know is that they dress up as knights, and they're the evil team.

For all we know, they could want to perfect the instant curry or something, which is why they run around stealing Pokemon.

I have no qualms about speculation, but can we at least have some vague basis to speculate from?

Suicide theory = Debunked.

WTF? Giovanni is alive? :XD:

This article doesn't contribute to the Giovanni suicude discussion at all, because it is written by GodofPH and is therefore a fan-written article.

Anyway, I am interested to find out more about Team Plasma's intentions, and I hope they do not go further than trying to alter the whole world (despite trends in the villain team's plans suggesting they will).

why does this guy pat and others have to post stupid articles that aren't even news =/ if he wants to do something like this then he should post it on the forum or his own blog!!

*facepalm* This is going to end well [/sarcasm]

TEAM ROCKET VS TEAM AERO ANYONE?

This war will continue to spam the forums if we keep having articles like this.

why does this guy pat and others have to post stupid articles that aren't even news =/ if he wants to do something like this then he should post it on the forum or his own blog!!

To quote what Jacob said earlier;

Open your local newspaper. Does it have opinions, personality pieces, and even the occasional short story?

Thought so.

BulbaNews is an interwebs newspaper. In the past, columns and other non-news pieces were common (See: Columns). This rejuvenation of regular columns started months ago. There are even three other non-news pieces currently on the front page (The Stuff of Legend and two Looking Forward pieces), so it isn't like this change should come as a shock at this point.

Don't like non-news in your newspaper? Well, you can always not click on it.

Please read the thread before you post ¬_¬

I think PH's next article should be a discussion with me on the relevancy of fan theories and the evolution of fan mentality into its current state.

Unlike some people this actually gave me a laugh. As someone else said Bulbanews is a variety newspaper, the word made me giggle a bit, and different articles and opinions will be shown.

exactly no one in real life try to conquer the world besides hitler but thats not the case, everyday there is robbers and drug dealers, not people who want to fill the earth with water or land, because even criminals think "THAT IS FUCKIN RATARDED" but really, with pokemon people can accomplish a lot more things but yet magma/aqua/galactic had plans that would literally kill everyone including themselves yet team rocket were more like ordinary criminals, thus, i dont want plasma doing anything retard either

This will sound rude, but you need a new vocabulary. You could easily offend people, me being one because I have a special needs brother. The words Retardation, Retarded, and Retard were never meant to be used as a higher up word for stupidity or anything but a medical condition where the person is a bit slow or delayed.​

Last edited:
Alright then, I'm sorry about not being accurate on a detail, but still it doesn't really mean you could ignore the rest of the post because of it >_>

I'm just kinda tired of the glorifying of Team Rocket in general. Aside from being the first villains of the series, what makes them so super amazing?

EDIT: Are you kidding me? Lots of people have tried to "conquer the world" (and have). Remember the Roman Empire? They had control over what was the old world. The British Empire? At one point they had control over a fourth of the entire world.

Last edited:
I'm kinda disappointed that he didn't mention Team PETA- er, Plasma's whole "Let's free Pokemon!!!" thing. It was a fun read though.

Alright then, I'm sorry about not being accurate on a detail, but still it doesn't really mean you could ignore the rest of the post because of it >_>

The part of you getting that information wrong is not what pissed people off... it's how you responded to somebody when they provided a bit of info that contradicted your claims. You don't go stomping off like a little kid because you got proven wrong on something.

As for your "fanwanking" claim, that wasn't what I was doing.:sweat: I was merely making a reference to a past event that happened on these forums, which I though was pretty funny... and I thought the article itself was pretty funny too. Unless fanwanking, to you, means making a small joke about something that you don't like, that's fine with me.

As for the topic about these particular articles... I don't mind them at all, and I can see how it relates to a regular newspaper 'n whatnot. Even though it was a funny poke at something, the whole point of the article is how the evil Teams keep getting more complex with their plans. But if they're going to continue to create huge arguements like this, then I don't see the point of making these articles anymore.

To be honest, I wasn't a really big fan of the game-verse Team Rocket, both in the originals and the remakes (both LG/FR and HG/SS) because it seemed like their plans were kind of dull. I will never get the obsessive nostalgia either, especially with the "they're more realistic" excuse. Keep in mind people, that Pokemon is FICTION. None of it is supposed to make sense, and it isn't supposed to be on par with reality. If reality is what you want in Pokemon, then I think you're barking up the wrong tree here.

And like what PDL mentioned about world conquest, it isn't exactly "not reality" like some of you are claiming. There's been people in the past, and I imagine there still is today (maybe, I dunno) that have actually tried to conquer it through colonization, political, and military means. The reason why people like Aqua, Magma, Galactic, and now possibly Plasma, have outlandish ways of doing it is because:

- It's a kid's game, for godsake. Get it through your thick skulls. You ain't gonna be finding guns and nuclear weapons of mass destruction in Pokemon, of all places.:eek:hdear: So instead, they have no choice BUT to resort to using Legendaries with ultimate power. It's not their cabability of using realistic weapons of mass destruction that's being ignored, because I imagine they really did have the money 'n whatnot to makes those things. But beings it's a game about POKEMON, they're going to resort to them instead.

Pat Hessman, can't you just write about your OPINIONS on Team Plasma and not write some out-of-Sakaki's-character report. It's not even funny...

Pat Hessman, can't you just write about your OPINIONS on Team Plasma and not write some out-of-Sakaki's-character report. It's not even funny...

It could be his opinion and he just wanted to put into the image of a character who would share the thoughts.

Whether it is funny or not is your personal taste.

The writing style PH used in this one is called "Perspective", or "Narrative"; it's a legitimate writing style.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_of_view_(fiction)

Like some, including PH himself in his article, pointed out, all the available info out there on Team Plasma is only how they look like. Instead of posting an analysis on such an incomplete piece of info, he added some bits of comparison to previous Teams and made it a sizable piece of text. Basically, he rewrote the sentence "Not enough information" into a point-of-view letter by a character who normally won't be involved in the said topic. Call it out-of-character if one wills; it's certainly something unexpected. That's not bad a trait at all, for somebody who's writing regularly for a column.

I quite enjoyed this article. It was a great read.

Also, ten year olds defeating terrorists FTW.

Team Plasma: Converting ye non believers to Catholicism since 2010

c'mon, I can't be the only person that thinks they look like nuns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom