• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Looking Forward: The Stuff of Legends: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-h

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Looking Forward: The Stuff of Legends: Outlook and speculation from a life long d

the article was about the legendaries and their progression not to mention the thread was titled "outlook and speculation". so i figured this thread would be a place to post my outlooks and speculations. but apparently not. great way to welcome a first time poster to the forums by telling them they wasted their time. granted ill read future threads and their titles more carefully to make sure theres no "speculation" as to what they are about. :-/

on topic: besides the hierarchy of the legendaries is pointless cuz there is always gunna be the game mascots plus the myriad of others in the games. so every generation is only going to add more and more legends eventually ending up in a mythos that is so convoluted and chaotic that it will be almost incomprehensible. while yes they seem to be taking a step under arceus that doenst mean it has made their placement in the overall hierarchy better. just different. ive never understood why they even have to mean anything so philosophical. why not just powerful and one of a kind/rare similar to the first 2 generations.

Re: Looking Forward: The Stuff of Legends: Outlook and speculation from a life long d

Darwin did not find that people came from monkeys, but that humans and monkeys share a common ancestor.

This would not get passed the censors, unless it was extremely lowered down. And even then, religious groups would almost certainly complain.

From the way you phrased it I can't tell if you already knew, but Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquazza did this. Also, the two main Isshu speculated locations are America and China (currently).

A Japanese game is more likely to stick to Japanese mythology, but Greek and Egyptian mythology would be interesting.

Allow me to clarify: What i meant was that Mew was a more evolution based idea, as opposed to arceus, which is more creation based. With the religion, I doubt that religious groups would be offended, because they aren't real religions, but i meant that in Isshu, there could be some people who used to live in the previous four reigions that might believe that more and in just talking to people in towns could express this. I know about Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquazza, but I'm sayin, another reigion could have entirely different pokemon representing this. I do believe that as America warms up to pokemon, even though it is made in japan, they are staring to include some of our ideas. With the grek thing, wouldn't a pokemon game where you play in ancient greece be cool?

On a different note, I think it will be challenging for Gamefreak to explain different legends existing in one world, because on some levels, they are more than legends. They are physical things that can be captured.
and tell me the intense scene with arceus in Sinjoh ruins was not "godlike".

Sorry I went on so long, I just felt the need to get my whole opinion out there.

My opinions on this subject:
The Pokedex is NOT fact. I really wish someone would do an article about this as I have in the past, it continuously uses 'Myth, Legends, It is said' and other vague wishy washy wording, including Arceus and Mew.
I love you forever.

Actually, I've got a theory that Arceus isn't even a Pokémon at all, just a deity - the other Legendaries are Pokémon, however, because they were all born from Mew (who was born from Arceus).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom