• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Looking Forward: Three on Three: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Looking Forward: Three on Three: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-har

Apparently I can't even get one line of what I thought in.

Last edited:
Re: Looking Forward: Three on Three: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-har

I wanted an actual opinion. The only real opinion was probably the last line.
We get it. How much grief are you going to give the author over this?

Easy boys.

I really can't wait how this triple battle thing will work out.
It could possibly make or break the franchise.

Thanks.

Ugh, more from this clown? I am all for opinion columns in the news section or whatever, but at least make them interesting. I'm a "life long die-hard" too, doesn't make what I have to say interesting or insightful.
"oh man i've been into pokemon FOREVER (but it's somewhat likely i skipped RSE) and i have an opinion on something recent!"

Yeah, I'm sick of it too. :/ Like I've said umpteen times, the opinion columns have potential, but it feels like all the same junk to me (with a few exceptions).

I didn't actually play RSE. That was just what I've heard.
Then don't post about it making it sound like you have...?

We get it. How much grief are you going to give the author over this?

The one line after I deleted everything else I said? But fine, I guess I can't have that.

It could possibly make or break the franchise.
I don't see it having that extreme of an impact on the series. If triple battles turn out to be crap, they'll just drop them from the next game. And unless ~EVERY BATTLE~ in B&W is a triple battle, I doubt that it would turn too many people away from the games (if the triple battles suck).

I see it doing neither.

So you're saying even though they are implanting a new game function, that the franchise will stay the same?

Don't you think if the function turns out to be a success, it will attract more fans, or even bring back veterans?

But, if it turns out to be a ridiculous function, they quite possibly could lose fans.

I don't think the franchise will stay the same after this function is released.

Thanks.

Edit:
I don't see it having that extreme of an impact on the series. If triple battles turn out to be crap, they'll just drop them from the next game. And unless ~EVERY BATTLE~ in B&W is a triple battle, I doubt that it would turn too many people away from the games (if the triple battles suck).

Yeah, you're right about that.
We don't know if every battle is a triple battle.
Guess we'll just have to see.

Thanks.

So you're saying even though they are implanting a new game function, that the franchise will stay the same?

Don't you think if the function turns out to be a success, it will attract more fans, or even bring back veterans?

But, if it turns out to be a ridiculous function, they quite possibly could lose fans.

I don't think the franchise will stay the same after this function is released.

Thanks.
It more or less stayed the same with double battles. Adding one more character will not change anything.

It more or less stayed the same with double battles. Adding one more character will not change anything.

Yeah, that's true as well.
I'm just concerned about the duration of the battle, and if all the battles are triple battles.
I'm sure there should be an option or something like that.

Thanks.

I'm probably the biggest critic on these editorials but I found the subject to be somewhat interesting and the read enjoyable. I'll probably be working into introducing a series of my own to the site, so once then I would love to get some of this hate. :D

Am I allowed to have an opinion yet?
You're making an excellent point by sticking to passive-aggressive posts.

I don't really appreciate being treated like a moderator. Why did you delete your posts at the first sight of criticism being directed at you? Does this mean that you were hoping to get the author to delete the article?

Alright, this isn't the Outrage Vs. Unown Lord thread. Take your squabble to the VMs.

I kind of hope, if Triple Battles turn out to be pretty good, they use them extensively in a console RPG. Loved how Colosseum did all Double Battles, really nice.

I kind of hope, if Triple Battles turn out to be pretty good, they use them extensively in a console RPG. Loved how Colosseum did all Double Battles, really nice.
A sequel to XD is the best thing that could come of this addition.

A sequel to XD is the best thing that could come of this addition.

Now THAT would certainly be an interesting prospect. Like I said in the article, if fully realized and given enough depth, triple battling could be a revolution for the franchise, and if a game was based completely around triple battles, that could be revolutionary in itself.

GodofPH, AKA Pat Hessman, is a student at Montana State University and writer for the MSU Exponent. He has a blog, Raptor Rants, and is currently drafting legislation dictating the death penalty for attempted suicide.

I hope he isn't serious.

I wonder if Electrode would get the death penalty for Self-destructing all the time.

If all 6 Pokemon use Self-destruct in a triple battle, is it suicide or murder?

I wonder if Electrode would get the death penalty for Self-destructing all the time.

If all 6 Pokemon use Self-destruct in a triple battle, is it suicide or murder?

It's both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom