• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Looking Forward: Three on Three: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Looking Forward: Three on Three: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-hard

Outlook and speculation from a life long die-hard.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Looking Forward: Three on Three: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-har

Meh, it was an interesting read. But nothing awesome/

Re: Looking Forward: Three on Three: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-har

To be honest, I'm in the same boat as the writer here.

I'm not too interested in triple battles yet. I'm at least glad that there's something that differenicate it from single and double battles (Pokémon placement is important since ones on the left or right can only target specific monsters). But we know so little so far that we can really only wait until BW is fully revealed before seeing the true extent of the feature.

I'm actually can't wait to see what they do with Triple battles. Will we be allowed to carry more POkemon? Will we be able to have more moves? There are tons of possibilities with this. Hopefully we'll see many of them come to life.

Seriously Nintendo, why do you even try keeping one region in the dark in this digital age?
Really? Hard to think that there's any ill-intent behind simply not releasing a teaser to every single person in every single language. More like they have their focus set on their own version right now.

Blah blah blah, speculation, blah blah blah, wait n' see approach, blah blah blah, time will tell.

Ugh, more from this clown? I am all for opinion columns in the news section or whatever, but at least make them interesting. I'm a "life long die-hard" too, doesn't make what I have to say interesting or insightful.

So, anyone else expect what the article said? I mean, it wasn't written poorly, but you really couldn't have made that much more predictible.

Every single battle in the game was a double battle.

I know what he means, but this little clause right here caused me to giggle a bit.

Again, if it doesn't look like anything that doesn't interest you, don't read it.

While it was just information that we all know, you don't have to complain because aren't forced to read it. Say someone who hasn't been able to hear the latest news wants to know about triple battles and all that, this would serve as good source instead of searching for the old ones which contain information about the same topic but in multiple entries due to all the information not being available when the old entry was written.

On the positive side, it looks like triple battles won't be forced as much as double battles were in RS.

On the positive side, it looks like triple battles won't be forced as much as double battles were in RS.

Doubles weren't forced that much. For a new feature, they weren't used as much as they should have been.

And Emerald added many battles which could be turned into Doubles.

Doubles weren't forced that much. For a new feature, they weren't used as much as they should have been.

And Emerald added many battles which could be turned into Doubles.

I didn't actually play RSE. That was just what I've heard.

I'm actually can't wait to see what they do with Triple battles. Will we be allowed to carry more POkemon? Will we be able to have more moves? There are tons of possibilities with this. Hopefully we'll see many of them come to life.
I remember reading that when double battles were created tehre is some information in the games that could have made posible carrying more pokemon, i am really enthusiastic at the idea of triple battles specially because of the strategy, it could have been a great risk but i think it is a great victory

@RegiRuler Then its best you look up something before making assumptions. I'm not trying to be rude or anything just in case it comes off like that.

Again, if it doesn't look like anything that doesn't interest you, don't read it.
What a horrible thing to say! Who wouldn't want their writings read by people? People who like it, people who don't like it; people who care, people who don't care; people with an opinion, people without one. I'm sure it doesn't matter to the author as long as it's being read.

What if no one commented on it? As an author I'd be heartbroken! Everything written would've felt like a waste of time. Thanks to all types of people reading, what better way is there to hear from your fans and get criticism at the same time?

The announcement of Triple Battles has made me seriously question just how innovative Black and White really are. I sorely hope that single battles will feel different in at least one fundamental way (not new Pokémon, moves or abilities). Mind you, Double Battles didn't come at the expense of introducing abilities.

You're article was lovely and wonderful because apparently I can't give criticism that I was hoping you'd use to make the column more interesting in the future.

Last edited:

I don't see the need to be aggressive. Let's remember that no one is getting paid for submitting opinion pieces; attacking their opinion is one thing, but if you're just annoyed that someone deemed their input more insightful than everyone else's, write your own piece and prove them wrong.

You're absolutely right, you've gotten my thoughts pinned right down. That's exactly what I felt.

Last edited:

Considering how people think you phrase all your posts as facts when they are opinion, I didn't think I'd get a lesson in posting style from you.
I haven't been told that for quite some time, but feel free to continue being needlessly dismissive.

I had problems with specific things said in the article, I quoted it. I merely decided to quote the rest of the article to be thorough and so the author knows I read the whole thing.
I see one valid point about Double Battles not being very prominent in Ruby and Sapphire, but the rest is just complaining about the writer presenting fan consensus as if it were an original opinion - that is not real criticism. I don't disagree with you, but you could have made your point in a far less pretentious way.

Everyone and their mother criticizes everyone else regardless of whether they can do it themselves or not. People go around complaining about how all music sucks nowadays without having picked up an instrument. 90% of this forum spout out how uninspired Pokemon is while not having a single original thought in their heads either.
Is that supposed to be real rationalization?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom