• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Archives looking to add images to the pokedolls page, advice for uploading images?

Reaction score
i know this is like, the first message i've sent here since like spring/early summer but bear with me here. there's a number of missing images from the poke dolls page, and i'd like to see what i can add! the only ones i can contribute that i, myself could take photos of are the first versions of glaceon and flareon since i own them (though.. i'm admittedly not sure on if they might be bootlegs or not, at the very least they don't LOOK obviously fake), but i'd like to dig up as much as i can!

for instance, here's one image i'd like to upload of the shiny raikou plush, with the source being here. how exactly DO i figure out what licensing this might fall under? how do i add categories to it? idk if these questions sound dumb but, yeah.
pokedollshinyraikou.jpg

and, of course, if i were to upload photos of the glaceon and flareon plushies, would i have to take them in any specific conditions? i don't have anything fancy to take photos with, just my phone camera and in terms of environment my room.

EDIT: forgot to mention, for anything that's still on the japanese pokemon center website i've got a way to nab high quality images from there. seeing as how no images of gen 8 pokedolls have been added, i could get a fair amount of those at the very least.

You'd use the general fair use license for plushes. If those shots on weebly aren't the product shots from the official website, you'd have to ask their permission to upload them. Categories are put at the bottom of pages with [[Category:Whatever category name]].

Lighting is the biggest thing to worry about for taking pictures. Putting the object on a white background helps.

You'd use the general fair use license for plushes. If those shots on weebly aren't the product shots from the official website, you'd have to ask their permission to upload them. Categories are put at the bottom of pages with [[Category:Whatever category name]].

Lighting is the biggest thing to worry about for taking pictures. Putting the object on a white background helps.
thank you! i can't really get a white background but i can definitely get something with decent lighting. i've already gotten a bunch of gen 8 stuff from the official pokemon center website, though in terms of finding pictures of older stuff it'll almost certainly be trickier.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom