• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Looks like it's leak time, friends (CROWN TUNDRA SPOILERS!!!!)

Firstly @Mods are we supposed to use spoiler tags in this thread or not? Since the title already tags it as spoiler I didn’t think there was a particular need...

Our most reliable leaker says there’s one next year though.
I don't know if they could put one out if they're going to release updated ports of older games. I do think that it rules a remake out, so we are indeed gonna get Gen 9 next year.

Highly doubt we are going to get Gen 9 next year since Game Freak is doing so well in Gen 8 in terms of sales combined with the DLCs, if anything, I see Gen 9 being delayed for at least one year due to the pandemic happening around the world.

Highly doubt we are going to get Gen 9 next year since Game Freak is doing so well in Gen 8 in terms of sales combined with the DLCs, if anything, I see Gen 9 being delayed for at least one year due to the pandemic happening around the world.
They would need to move on to Gen 9 sometime in the near future because of well, money, and the possibility of Nintendo putting out the Switch's successor before then.

They would need to move on to Gen 9 sometime in the near future because of well, money, and the possibility of Nintendo putting out the Switch's successor before then.
Where did it say that there has to be two Pokemon generations in one Nintendo system generation? Honestly, by delaying Gen 9, Game Freak would already get to know the Switch's successor far earlier, thus giving them more time to get used to the new development kit in order to develop a first Pokemon generation on a new Nintendo system. The Game Boy line of Pokemon games (GB to GBA) only had one generation each and they performed really well in their time, even Ruby and Sapphire despite them selling less than Gold and Silver.

Where did it say that there has to be two Pokemon generations in one Nintendo system generation? Honestly, by delaying Gen 9, Game Freak would already get to know the Switch's successor far earlier, thus giving them more time to get used to the new development kit in order to develop a first Pokemon generation on a new Nintendo system. The Game Boy line of Pokemon games (GB to GBA) only had one generation each and they performed really well in their time, even Ruby and Sapphire despite them selling less than Gold and Silver.
It would screw over development, having to move from one system to another. Many games ended up with crippling issues due to mid-development console moves.

It would screw over development, having to move from one system to another. Many games ended up with crippling issues due to mid-development console moves.
The issue wasn't moving over consoles, the real issue is the fact that Game Freak was never given enough time to develop the games for those consoles in the first place. This can be easily seen with X and Y due to having some key areas incomplete because of time constraints and features possibly absent. Bottom line, Pokemon can survive an extra year without a new generation since the anime can always introduce filler arcs.

The issue wasn't moving over consoles, the real issue is the fact that Game Freak was never given enough time to develop the games for those consoles in the first place. This can be easily seen with X and Y due to having some key areas incomplete because of time constraints. Bottom line, Pokemon can survive an extra year without a new generation since the anime can always introduce filler arcs.
I also don't expect new remakes next year as we might instead get a collection of old games.

Not that I care that much about avoiding new Pokemon spoilers, but I almost didn't get spoiled on these horses. I didn't even realize they had been leaked until yesterday.

I can't really decide which one I'll go for. I think I prefer Glastriers design.....but a ghost based on an animal seems more novel. Although to be honest neither designs really excite me all that much. Spectrier is probably a better Pokemon competitively but I don't play competitive so that's not really a factor.

Wow. Three out of four Tapu got done so dirty. Contrary to rumours...

Tapu Koko does not get Play Rough, Close Combat, or Rising Voltage.
Tapu Lele does not get Expanding Force.
Tapu Bulu does not get Play Rough or Grassy Glide.

And here I thought Azumarill's High Horsepower would be the biggest inaccuracy from the HOME datamine. At least this time I was prepared for letdown.

I cant seem to get Poipole what am i doing wrong.

Serebii says "After you have successfully completed 15 Dynamax Adventures battles and have started the Ultra Beast story, a Poipole will appear in the Max Lair. This Poipole was found when the Ultra Wormholes opened up but keeps getting away from the leader of the Dynamax Adventures. She requests you take care of it."

I completed the UB part, got the green tick and everything, I did 15 battles in the lair. Nothing. So I did 15 completions all the way to the end. Nothing.
One time I chose Marshtomp over Rayquaza so thought maybe that counted as a fail, went and did another, so 16 in total. Still nothing.

I have all 15 legends I caught from DA's in a box so it's not like I'm miscounting. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Now got 16 legends, 17 completions, still no Poipole

What about Fini?
No Misty Explosion or even Terrain Pulse from the looks of things, but it did get Rest... which doesn't work during Misty Terrain. I can't believe I'm saying this but thank goodness for Telepathy!

Is this the right place to ask if we know what new customisation options there are, yet?
Ordinarily, I’d just be patient, but Serebii takes ages to put the female options up...

Is this the right place to ask if we know what new customisation options there are, yet?
Ordinarily, I’d just be patient, but Serebii takes ages to put the female options up...

Looking through the datamined gametext file, I'm thinking that all of the new clothes are gender-neutral, so whatever is new for the male character should also be available for the female character.

Has anyone actually got Poipole and can confirm what Serebii says is true?

Just trawled through YouTube and literally no one has footage of it, a few people mention it and outline what Serebii described but no one actually seems to have footage of it happening.

A lot of people on Twitter also seem to be calling it out as fake news.

Has anyone actually got Poipole and can confirm what Serebii says is true?

Just trawled through YouTube and literally no one has footage of it, a few people mention it and outline what Serebii described but no one actually seems to have footage of it happening.

A lot of people on Twitter also seem to be calling it out as fake news.

I can’t verify the conditions needed to obtain it, but there is 100% some event text in the code for receiving a Poipole.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom