• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Looks like it's leak time, friends (CROWN TUNDRA SPOILERS!!!!)

Centro's leaking signature moves now

Thunder Cage (Regieleki): The user traps the target in a cage of sparking electricity for four to five turns.

Dragon Energy (Regidrago): Converting its life-force into power, the user attacks opposing Pokémon. The lower the user's HP, the lower the move's power.

Freezing Glare (Galarian Articuno): The user shoots its psychic power from its eyes to attack. This may also leave the target frozen.

Thunderous Kick (Galarian Zapdos): The user overwhelms the target with lightning-like movement before delivering a kick. This also lowers the target's Defense stat.

Fiery Wrath (Galarian Moltres): The user transforms its wrath into a fire-like aura to attack. This may also make opposing Pokémon flinch.

Glacial Lance (either the Ice horse itself or the fused Calyrex, not sure, but I'd assume the latter): The user attacks by hurling a blizzard-cloaked icicle lance at opposing Pokémon.

Astral Barrage (Calyrex fused with Ghost horse, I bet?): The user attacks by sending a frightful amount of small ghosts at opposing Pokémon.

Eerie Spell (Galarian Slowking): The user attacks with its tremendous psychic power. This also removes 3 PP from the target's last move.
I like these ones.

Update: According to Centro, there are no new Gigantamax forms, and in fact, no new Pokémon or forms beyond what's already been leaked (which I think was to be expected, based on how IOA went). Most of the Crown Tundra's features have been revealed.
I've said this before and I'll say it again: Why does Game Freak have to leave everything in the code? Would the games really stop working right if they left out more of the Crown Tundra's data from the Isle of Armor release? They need to learn how to properly scrub their data.

Glastrier and Spectrier? I love their names but the abilities are basically just Moxie clones.

Glastrier and Spectrier? I love their names but the abilities are basically just Moxie clones.

True, but of course the same is also the case for Turboblaze/Teravolt and Mold Breaker. Even Full Metal Body, Shadow Shield, and Prism Armor are just slightly better versions of Clear Body, Multiscale, and Filter, two of which even themselves have redundant reskins (White Smoke for Clear Body and Solid Rock for Filter). Sometimes I think they just want to give a Legendary an existing Ability but worry it would feel bland if they didn't rebrand it somehow to better fit their lore. (And I mean, let's admit it, Pressure making a bald-faced return for Eternatus was pretty dull.)

Having two Abilities is quite strange, but I wonder what exactly that means from a mechanics standpoint.

- Does Ice/Shadow Rider Calyrex literally have two Abilities? If so, how the heck does that work with all the different extant moves and Abilities that interact with Abilities? I see this as being the least-likely scenario, unless they're really going whole-hog and the fusions also turn out to be triple-typed (we still don't know their type combos).

- Is it actually one Ability, with a different name, which the leaker just doesn't know? This also feels very unlikely to me, given it implies that they know the effect of the Ability but not the name, and considering everything else that they leaked. If they can dig up "Chilling/Grim Neigh," then why not the name of these Abilities?

- Perhaps (and right now this is how I'm leaning) it is one Ability, mechanically speaking, and it has the effect of both Unnerve and Chilling/Grim Neigh, and it is just literally named "Unnerve + Chilling/Grim Neigh"? That might seem peculiar, but it kind of makes sense to me, especially when compared to the other fusions we've had. Kyurem was about assimilation, so it took on Reshiram/Zekrom's Ability and replaced its own. Necrozma was about suppression, so Solgaleo/Lunala's Ability was canceled out in favor of Necrozma's Prism Armor since it was now the dominant entity. Whereas with Calyrex and Glastrier/Spectrier, it seems like a more harmonious union - neither one is being absorbed or suppressed; instead, they are working in tandem, and so "both" of their Abilities are active at the same time.

Edit: Ah, seems like it is option #3 then

Last edited:
^for context on the above they said it was a mainline game that is “100% coming in 2021” with development going smoothly. But they refused to reveal their evidence or source at the risk of exposing them. They did however state that they would drop hints later on.

Sinnoh remakes or Lets Go Johto are the most likely candidates (Way to early for gen 9).

#896: Glastrier
Wild Horse Pokémon
images
#897: Spectrier
Swift Horse Pokémon
images

pokemon_calyrex_2_2x.png

Thanks for the knights.
Where's my queen?

Last edited:
^for context on the above they said it was a mainline game that is “100% coming in 2021” with development going smoothly. But they refused to reveal their evidence or source at the risk of exposing them. They did however state that they would drop hints later on.
Sounds like Sinnoh to me.

Also Sinnoh gives relatively similar vibes to Galar. They could even reuse some assets like the snow, water texture, etc.

Makes sense to have Sinnoh next imo

Centro was saying that there is a new game coming next year. Outside of datamining info, how reliable are they when it comes to new games?

Idk about their reliability in general. FWIW, Centro is not a leaker, more a distributor of leaks. We don't know the source of this one (it isn't Scires, Matt, Kaphotics and all them, or else they'd be posting about it on their respective Twitter feeds) and there are some questions as to this leak's overall legitimacy. I personally believe all of the HOME-sourced images to be real, but I am more skeptical of the claims about the actual content of the DLC (the claims like the story being 4 hours long and the UBs being catchable in the post-game - obviously we do know that the UBs will be catchable but I'm wondering how they could have obtained that precise information) and about the new game for next year, which I would have to assume requires an inside source and not just some chap with the means to datamine the HOME app.

That being said, Centro has made some eyebrow-raising claims in all this, stating that they've known about the horses since before they were datamined, liking a tweet way back in June that speculating that they could be an ice horse and a demonic spooky horse (and saying, when asked about that, that they liked the tweet back then for a reason), and posting what seem to be actual models of Spectrier rather than just the HOME renders. Some people are looking at all of that and concluding that this has all been an elaborate hoax; I myself am not sure what to make of it.

Interestingly though, it seems Serebii has set up transparent placeholder images for the Calyrex forms:

https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/pokemon/898-i.png
https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/pokemon/898-s.png

It's not clear when exactly these pages were established, but it is notable that they differentiate themselves using the letters I and S, which could correspond to "Ice Rider" and "Shadow Rider." (btw, I see that Calyrex is aiming for the title of "most heavy metal form names") If you try switching those letters for anything else, you get 404'd.

I'm really happy about the fact that

you can choose a horse, assuming all of this information is accurate. It would be a bit unfair if a version exclusive Pokemon (especially a legendary) was chosen for you, seeing as many people chose a version long before the Expansion Pass was even announced. I'm leaning towards Glastrier at the moment because it reminds me of the Uffington White Horse.

A new game next year is understandable as it's the 25th anniversary, but I don't know what they could put out then.

I actually think that a remake of Sinnoh or Johto (more likely Sinnoh, I reckon) would be a wonderful way to celebrate the anniversary.

I'm really happy about the fact that

you can choose a horse, assuming all of this information is accurate. It would be a bit unfair if a version exclusive Pokemon (especially a legendary) was chosen for you, seeing as many people chose a version long before the Expansion Pass was even announced. I'm leaning towards Glastrier at the moment because it reminds me of the Uffington White Horse.

I actually think that a remake of Sinnoh or Johto (more likely Sinnoh, I reckon) would be a wonderful way to celebrate the anniversary.
It wouldn't be as it wouldn't really be celebrating the anniversary of the whole series, but just celebrating one part of it.

It wouldn't be as it wouldn't really be celebrating the anniversary of the whole series, but just celebrating one part of it.

I suppose so, but at least it would be revisiting a much-loved past region and (if it were Sinnoh) giving fans something they've been requesting for years. That would be more than Sun and Moon did for the 20th - the only special things those games did for the anniversary were the returning characters at the Battle Tree, and perhaps the Alolan Forms.

If there is going to be a game next year, then it's Sinnoh. Of that, I am convinced. My only uncertainty is in regards to whether or not there actually will be a game next year, and to that issue, I can see a fair argument for either possibility. Sinnoh-NO makes me wonder if Game Freak are comfortable with having a generation that is comprised of only one central gaming experience (or what I call a "full-length adventure"); Sinnoh-YES makes me wonder what the heck their project coordination looks like right now.

That being said... do we really need to turn this thread into an annex of the Gen 4 remakes thread?

I'm not a fan of the horses, their simplicity and their high contrasting colors give me some Fakemon vibes. However, I like their matter/spirit theme, hopefully it means something.

The Calyrex forms also gave me mixed feelings. It's a cool concept and the cape looks great, but animals riding animals usually looks weird, they should have given Calyrex a helmet and also make its bulb blossom.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom