• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Looks like it's leak time, friends (CROWN TUNDRA SPOILERS!!!!)

Esserise

Operating without a T-437
Monster Mash Participant 2021
Reaction score
Starting to get what look like leaks from Pokémon HOME. I'll update this post as we receive more.

very pixelated images that seem to correspond to the new Regis, Calyrex, its steeds, and the fused forms

HOME renders of the Galarian Birds, with Shinies (they use the Kantonian color schemes! cool touch!)

Update: According to Centro, there are no new Gigantamax forms, and in fact, no new Pokémon or forms beyond what's already been leaked (which I think was to be expected, based on how IOA went). Most of the Crown Tundra's features have been revealed.

Update: The black steed, albeit memed:

Update: They snuck the white steed into their banner

Update: All the renders:

EkyPKy8XUAc3WHb

Update: New signature moves, either for the horses themselves or the fused Calyrex forms. Not sure which yet (maybe both?)

Glacial Lance: The user attacks by hurling a blizzard-cloaked icicle lance at opposing Pokémon.

Astral Barrage: The user attacks by sending a frightful amount of small ghosts at opposing Pokémon.

Update:

The white horse's name and information

#896: Glastrier
Wild Horse Pokémon

Ability: Chilling Neigh - When the Pokémon knocks out a target, it utters a chilling neigh, which boosts its Attack stat.

Sword Dex: Glastrier emits intense cold from its hooves. It's also a belligerent Pokémon—anything it wants, it takes by force.
Shield Dex: Glastrier has tremendous physical strength, and the mask of ice covering its face is 100 times harder than diamond.

Update: And the black horse

#897: Spectrier
Swift Horse Pokémon

Ability: Grim Neigh - When the Pokémon knocks out a target, it utters a terrifying neigh, which boosts its Sp. Atk stat.

Sword Dex: It probes its surroundings with all its senses save one—it doesn't use its sense of sight. Spectrier's kicks are said to separate soul from body.
Shield Dex: As it dashes through the night, Spectrier absorbs the life-force of sleeping creatures. It craves silence and solitude.

it's goth af and i love it

Also, I did think it was interesting that Spectrier's eyes were closed. I'm glad that's actually a cool part of its profile.

Update: Regular Calyrex's stuff too, though we already knew all but the Dex entries

#898: Calyrex
King Pokémon

Ability: Unnerve

Sword Dex: Calyrex is a merciful Pokémon, capable of providing healing and blessings. It reigned over the Galar region in times of yore.
Shield Dex: Calyrex is known in legend as a king that ruled over Galar in ancient times. It has the power to cause hearts to mend and plants to spring forth.

Update: Fusion time

#898: Calyrex (Ice Rider)
High King Pokémon

Ability: "Unnerve + Chilling Neigh (combined)" (Esserise note - hmm???)

Sword Dex: According to lore, this Pokémon showed no mercy to those who got in its way, yet it would heal its opponents' wounds after battle.
Shield Dex: It's said that this Pokémon once moved a large forest—and all the Pokémon living there—to a new location overnight.

#898: Calyrex (Shadow Rider)
High King Pokémon

Ability: Unnerve + Grim Neigh (combined)

Sword Dex: It's said that Calyrex and a Pokémon that had bonded with it ran all across the Galar region to bring green to the wastelands.
Shield Dex: Legend says that by using its power to see all events from past to future, this Pokémon saved the creatures of a forest from a meteorite strike.

Update: Transistor and Dragon's Maw power up Electric- and Dragon-type moves, respectively.

Last edited:
Lmao the
Fusion isn't even a fusion. It's just a Yu-Gi-Oh DM-era tier Fusion. Monsters riding each other as a steed.

Lmao the
Fusion isn't even a fusion. It's just a Yu-Gi-Oh DM-era tier Fusion. Monsters riding each other as a steed.

I mean that's kinda what I expected personally

I bet the ghost horse will pop more when we can see it in motion, kind of like what I feel happened with Alolan Marowak. Those hooves seem all transparent and spirit-ey and probably look more interesting in action.

But I think the fusions look pretty cool, especially the ice horse with how it's rearing up. Calyrex doesn't seem to change much, except that its bulb glows and its cape lengthens. I think we can assume those reigns will be the "fusion" item.

Also, according to someone on /vp/, the horses are a choice, like Urshifu's form in IOA. If that's true, then I wonder if Peony will take the second one.

Edit: Centro's account seems to have gotten sniped by GF/Nintendo.
818GiMS8.png
Nvm guess Twitter was just having a hiccup.

Ghost Horse looks so cool! Love the detached hooves, they're a spooky touch. And the fusion of it and Calyrex gives me Headless Horseman vibes (even though the head is there), which is great for spooky season.

I'm assuming Calyrex will be pure Psychic, so that the forms can easily be Psychic/Ice and Psychic/Ghost. And with its giant head, I'm sure the lore will say that Calyrex takes over the mind of the horse when it rides it.

And the fusion of it and Calyrex gives me Headless Horseman vibes (even though the head is there), which is great for spooky season.

Same thought! :eek:

I'm assuming Calyrex will be pure Psychic, so that the forms can easily be Psychic/Ice and Psychic/Ghost. And with its giant head, I'm sure the lore will say that Calyrex takes over the mind of the horse when it rides it.

Weird thing is, we already know Calyrex's type from the official site, it's Psychic/Grass, so it seems like something has got to give when they merge.

Unless... it is finally the dawn of the triple type! (Or they could do something like Dhelmise's Steelworker Ability I guess, giving Calyrex an affinity for Ghost- or Ice-type attacks even though it remains Psychic/Grass.)

Haha I've been so out of it with this DLC info (ever since IoA came out and taught me to not expect anything beyond what's promoted) Soo I didn't even catch that Calyrex's type was out. Hmm that means the horses could have second types as well, if they wanted.

The black horse looks... familiar somehow.

It does kinda look like a goth Galarian Rapidash

Though more oddly (and this wasn't noticed by me, but still), its posing in the fusion render is literally the exact same as Kantonian Rapidash:

HOME078.png

Like literally exactly the same

The black horse looks... familiar somehow.

That only happened once, the other times they were nonsensical (just look at Labyrinth Tank).

Don't know man.

Gaia the Dragon Champion and it's various retrains, Alligator's Sword Dragon, Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight, Amulet Dragon, Dark Magician the Dragon Knight, Dragon Master Knight.

Don't know man.

Gaia the Dragon Champion and it's various retrains, Alligator's Sword Dragon, Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight, Amulet Dragon, Dark Magician the Dragon Knight, Dragon Master Knight.
The retrains are not fusions so I don't count them, but we got things like Flower Wolf, Sanwich, Labyrinth Tank, King of Rock (was that it's name?), Rare Beast, Labyrinth Tank, Barox and Fusionist that didn't have anything to do at all with the monsters involved. Heck, King of Rock is male and both his materials are female.

And the Galarian Birds' shinies are just their normal forms' colorations. I just wonder what the "fused" forms' typings will be.

I do kinda wish they would just go that little extra bit of distance for Shiny fusionmons. So that if you have say a regular Kyurem or Calyrex but a Shiny Reshiram or Ghost horse, the combination will take Shiny elements from the fusee rather than the fuser. Yes this would require some extra models and programming but they would surely just be recolors with a bit of dedicated coding, no? And it'd make a lot more sense than the muddled "compromise" Shiny fusions they've relied on thus far. That is to say, Shiny White Kyurem having red flames instead of Shiny Reshiram's magenta flames, even though Shiny Black Kyurem does have Shiny Zekrom's green electricity, regardless of whether the Zekrom you fused was Shiny. Kind of the same deal with Shiny Necrozma - if you fuse a Shiny Necrozma, its blue coloration is retained all the way through, but Solgaleo and Lunala are red even if the ones you used as hosts weren't Shiny. And now with Calyrex. Fuse a Shiny horse with any Calyrex, and the horse actually temporarily loses its Shininess???

Like, if the fusions consistently brought out the fusee's Shiny traits as well as retaining those of the Shiny fuser, that would be one thing and would still make a degree of sense (you could handwave it by saying something like Kyurem/Necrozma/Calyrex's Shiny gene overwrites the fusee's non-Shiny gene and expresses their recessive Shiny colors), but as it stands, they're all over the place...

The retrains are not fusions so I don't count them, but we got things like Flower Wolf, Sanwich, Labyrinth Tank, King of Rock (was that it's name?), Rare Beast, Labyrinth Tank, Barox and Fusionist that didn't have anything to do at all with the monsters involved. Heck, King of Rock is male and both his materials are female.

The retrains... are... Fusions tho? Both Sky Galloping Gaia as Gaia the Magical Dragon Champion.

Sacred Bonds of Sovereign and Steed was the name of the event this should have made clear there wasn't going to be a Necrozma style fusion given that you don't merge with your horse when you ride it.

Sacred Bonds of Sovereign and Steed was the name of the event this should have made clear there wasn't going to be a Necrozma style fusion given that you don't merge with your horse when you ride it.

It is kind of unfortunate that the "fusion" descriptor caught on so much in fandom, even though there was no indication that that's how it would work in terms of the concept/lore. It's just the existing terminology that we all naturally defaulted to when we learned that there were two Pokémon that Calyrex could combine with via use of a key item (and mechanically speaking, how else would it work?). It does seem to have given a lot of people the wrong idea about what to expect.

When really, this type of "combination" is more novel for the series. It's more of a partnership, whereas Kyurem was a straight-up Fusion Dance, and Necrozma was parasitism.

At first, I was a little bit underwhelmed by the new horses, but looking at them closer I really do like them a lot, and I think they'll look even better in-game. I have to say, I'm glad that the fusion between Calyrex and these two isn't something super extravagant. It's just kind of nice to see a fusion that's simple like this.

And those shiny forms of the Galarian Birbs are dope. I was really hoping they would use the original colors for their shiny variations, and I am not disappointed with how they look. If we can shiny hunt these guys, I actually might end up hunting for Shiny Galarian Articuno.

Centro's leaking signature moves now

Thunder Cage (Regieleki): The user traps the target in a cage of sparking electricity for four to five turns.

Dragon Energy (Regidrago): Converting its life-force into power, the user attacks opposing Pokémon. The lower the user's HP, the lower the move's power.

Freezing Glare (Galarian Articuno): The user shoots its psychic power from its eyes to attack. This may also leave the target frozen.

Thunderous Kick (Galarian Zapdos): The user overwhelms the target with lightning-like movement before delivering a kick. This also lowers the target's Defense stat.

Fiery Wrath (Galarian Moltres): The user transforms its wrath into a fire-like aura to attack. This may also make opposing Pokémon flinch.

Glacial Lance (either the Ice horse itself or the fused Calyrex, not sure, but I'd assume the latter): The user attacks by hurling a blizzard-cloaked icicle lance at opposing Pokémon.

Astral Barrage (Calyrex fused with Ghost horse, I bet?): The user attacks by sending a frightful amount of small ghosts at opposing Pokémon.

Eerie Spell (Galarian Slowking): The user attacks with its tremendous psychic power. This also removes 3 PP from the target's last move.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom