Villain Event: Looming Shadow of Kanto
Focused on Team Rocket, Looming Shadow of Kanto follows Giovanni as he launches his plans for Paiso. Players will receive Event Voucher Z for completing battles in this event, which can be redeemed in the Exchange Items menu for a variety of items including Strike Move Candy Coins, 5★-Guaranteed Scout Tickets, and Custom Giovanni & Mewtwo Legendary Spirit that can be used to boost Giovanni & Mewtwo to 6★ EX. Players will be able to obtain these rewards even if they have previously completed the Villain Event during previous runs of the event. Raising Giovanni & Mewtwo to 6★ EX will also add a song to the in-game Jukebox.
Unlike regular Story Events, this Villain Event does not include any lineup bonuses to increase battle rewards. There are however special bonuses for Kanto Sync Pairs, who will have increased Attack, Defense, Special Attack and Special Defence when used in missions for this event, giving them an easier time in completing stages.
Players should also note the following when playing this event:
- To participate, players must have completed Main Story Chapter 1: The More the Merrier (Normal) in single-player.
- The sync pairs that appear as opponents in battle have different capabilities than those players can actually obtain.
- The number of plays available for Daily Extreme Battle 1 are reset every day at 10:00 p.m. (PST)
- All mission completion rewards must be claimed within three days of the mission period ending.
- When the exchange period for the vouchers obtained in this event ends, leftover Event Voucher Z items will be converted into coins (10 coins per voucher) and sent to each player's Present Box.
A new remix of Battle! (Galar Gym Leader) created especially for Pokémon Masters EX is now available. All players can claim this remix for free in-game until June 4th at 10:59 pm (PDT). Once claimed, players can listen to this special track at any time via the in-game jukebox.