• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Lord of the Rings Mafia -- August 31st -- Endgame -- Mafia Victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lord of the Rings Mafia -- August 5th -- Day 4 -- Without Him

Question: Who would be able to block communications? This is probably a mafia role, but... Any characters you can think of? As for skipping a day and a night, the only people I can think of are Sauron, Saruman and Galadriel.

Gliscorman shared a few claims with me but none of them had to do with Kyriaki, I'm actually at a total loss because he told me that something would happen and it didn't happen at all and I don't know if it's either very clever Mafia, a breach that prevented it, or somebody fakeclaimed to Gliscorman. I don't like these disallowed private communications either, it's too convenient.

He told me something would happen and it didn't as well, so I don't know if we're thinking of the same thing.

I can't really say more for right now, but the lack of private communications seems to be the activation of an ability, and if so, it simply has to be mafia-aligned.

I know what caused it and it's not mafia aligned.

If he shared all that with you he must have changed his mind about you (and by extension, pretty much everything else) by the end of the previous phase - why didn't he indicate that Beck was no longer obv-scum in his mind (or did he still think so... somehow... despite now trusting you and throwing out his associative-reads between you, Beck, and Forgotten)?

At the time of his death, GlicorMan was still convinced that Beck is scum and that Human is town.

However, I disagree with what he thinks. I don't think Beck is scum. Gliscorman entrusted me with the list of claims, and yes, there are a lot of duplicates, so it does make this more confusing. But even though Beck has a duplicate role, I do not think he's mafia. All my reads on him have been town.

I would really like it if we got off the Beck wagon and went in a new direction.

About Kyriaki: All I know about her is that 1) she checked Human night 1 and 2) she was supposed to check Master Mew night 2 (actually 3) Now, I'm not entirely sure if she actually checked him or someone else, but according to Gliscorman she was supposed to check him.

How she ended up being a mafia target is beyond me. For one, she barely posted all throughout the phase, or she didn't post at all. Unless she was trying to lie low. Or she told someone else besides Gliscorman her claim.

@HumanDawn; did you know that Kyriaki checked you night 1?

Another point I would like to bring up: I am convinced that Mijz is lying about his role because Mijz was the one who claimed Granny. Also, I know someone who used their night action on Mijz and did not die, so Mijz has to be lying about being Granny.

Which brings me to this, again:

Going back through the thread, I found an interesting post.

Plus, just wondering, has anyone claimed granny to you? Only, I have a night action and I don't want to die because of it. (I don't really want names, just a yes or no.)

Now, I wonder why would you ask this question? Because GliscorMan did get a Granny claim. This can't be coincidental.

I asked it because I have a night action and I don't want to die because of it.

This can't be a coincidence. Did you know that Mijz was going to claim Granny? Did you talk to him in private communication?

Anyway,
Unvote: Paperhorse
Vote: Mijz

Because he has to be lying about his role.

If that's true, then that's all very interesting and I would vote Mijzelffean, but how do we know you're not just making this all up, that you're Town, and that the Mafia didn't deliberately fak claim a few sets of identical roles in order to cover Beck?

I know what caused it and it's not mafia aligned.

I can't see how. The lack of private communications is detrimental to the entire town, save the mafia. They can still use their quick-thread. If it's some kind of ability on the town's end, it's a very useless ability, as it's hindering all of us.

Another point I would like to bring up: I am convinced that Mijz is lying about his role because Mijz was the one who claimed Granny. Also, I know someone who used their night action on Mijz and did not die, so Mijz has to be lying about being Granny.

Which brings me to this, again:

Going back through the thread, I found an interesting post.

Plus, just wondering, has anyone claimed granny to you? Only, I have a night action and I don't want to die because of it. (I don't really want names, just a yes or no.)

Now, I wonder why would you ask this question? Because GliscorMan did get a Granny claim. This can't be coincidental.

I asked it because I have a night action and I don't want to die because of it.

This can't be a coincidence. Did you know that Mijz was going to claim Granny? Did you talk to him in private communication?

Anyway,
Unvote: Paperhorse
Vote: Mijz

Because he has to be lying about his role.

I'm inclined to believe you, but I have to clarify. Did he claim Granny in name only? Or did he actually describe what the role did, and it fit with the role of Granny? I mean, we already had a "Strongman" that was actually just vanilla, so I want to know what was actually claimed.

@Paperhorse; @GastlyGibus; I asked because I didn't know. If I did, there would be no point in asking. And, for the record, I have PM'd nobody other than GliscorMan, and therefore Phoenicks. I was intending to speak to someone today, but I will have to put it off until tonight. I won't tell you who, only that GM put me up to them and I did my own scumhunt on them and they seem pretty town to me. I wanted to know about a granny because I am paranoid. Sorry if I seem scummy to you, I'm just having fun, and I garble when I'm enjoying myself :)

@Paperhorse; How exactly is this silencing thing town aligned when it only doesn't hinder mafia. As for Mijz did he say his roe does what a granny does because it might be the name but function differently since Phonics might have chosen to make it non traditional, like what we've seen.

Also I still feel Beck is our best lynch because if he comes up town then we know to start looking at duplicate roles differently. If he is mafia then we know that duplicate roles are not of the same alignment. His lynch will tell a lot about this game.

As for Mijz did he say his roe does what a granny does because it might be the name but function differently since Phonics might have chosen to make it non traditional, like what we've seen.

This is very possible. I have the name of one role, but a function more like a different role.

If that's true, then that's all very interesting and I would vote Mijzelffean, but how do we know you're not just making this all up, that you're Town, and that the Mafia didn't deliberately fak claim a few sets of identical roles in order to cover Beck?

It's okay to be skeptical. However, would it make sense that the mafia would all fake claim roles in order to cover for Beck? How would they have enough knowledge to do that anyway, wouldn't it be easier just to bus him?

@Paperhorse; @GastlyGibus; I asked because I didn't know. If I did, there would be no point in asking. And, for the record, I have PM'd nobody other than GliscorMan, and therefore Phoenicks. I was intending to speak to someone today, but I will have to put it off until tonight. I won't tell you who, only that GM put me up to them and I did my own scumhunt on them and they seem pretty town to me. I wanted to know about a granny because I am paranoid. Sorry if I seem scummy to you, I'm just having fun, and I garble when I'm enjoying myself :)

Actually I know what you're talking about here and who you were supposed to report to. When PMs are back open I want to talk to you about it.

@Paperhorse; How exactly is this silencing thing town aligned when it only doesn't hinder mafia. As for Mijz did he say his roe does what a granny does because it might be the name but function differently since Phonics might have chosen to make it non traditional, like what we've seen.

Also I still feel Beck is our best lynch because if he comes up town then we know to start looking at duplicate roles differently. If he is mafia then we know that duplicate roles are not of the same alignment. His lynch will tell a lot about this game.

I can't really explain it without telling everyone too much information. But this non-communications is just an after effect of something. It only makes things less convenient.

And yes, I have thought that Phonics (cute nickname lol) might have put in a non-traditional granny role. However, Gliscorman specifically told me that he suspects Mijz is lying about his claim so he wouldn't be checked. If Mijz claimed a non-traditional Granny role, I'm sure GM would have told me. What good will it do if GM left out that information?

This is by far the best case I've heard so far, I'm in.

Unvote: Beck
Vote: Mijzelffan

@Mijzelffan anything to say?

Nothing is stopping us from coming back to Beck, but for now this lead looks more promising to me - there's a chance Beck could have a duplicate role, but what are the odds a Townie fakeclaimed Granny to the Treestump?

Unvote: CrackFox
Vote: Mijzelffan

I'm with Paperhorse on every sentiment. I think we should move away from Beck for now and concentrate on other people. No one is going to forget the suspician around him so it'll do no harm putting him to one side for now. I don't have enough faith in him flipping mafia to support the a lynch on him today. I obviously want to hear Mijz's defense before my vote on him is definite.

I highly suspected Mijzelffan at first and even more so when he took Forgotten's side in the whole counterclaim argument. Forgotten obviously flipped town so we now know that Mijz doing that had no ulterior motives. However, if both Beck and Forgotten were town he'd have to take someones side and I can see why he'd maybe want Beck lynched over Forgotten. Beck being a more vocal player. So, I don't think him defending Forgotten means much whilst Beck's status is still unknown. He was also amongst the few who didn't like the idea of claiming to GM. I can see his reasons for it and I don't particularly think it's strange behavior for him to have that attitude. I know he resents too much private communication and outside interference as he's said in the past it makes games dull and too easy.

All things considered, I don't know either way but he definitely has potential to flip mafia, more so than others who have kept their heads down less.

Maybe, but then they wouldn't know everything GliscorMan knew, since they wouldn't know Kyriaki's claim - which was sort of the detail I was focusing on, at least. :p

Gliscorman said he fully trusted them, but he said he thought I was Town and yet didn't share that many claims with me. A test is possible I guess, maybe switch Kyriaki's claim with something else, like Doctor or Cop and see what they do but I don't know if Gliscorman would do that if he only gave the info to the supposed Town Rolecop.

I'll admit if I asked someone to claim and told them I'd be Lie Detecting them, I'd be concerned if they didn't include their alignment (unless it was a super-obvious Town role, but I'm not sure such a thing even exists in this setup :XD:).

When somebody asks you to claim you don't normally say "Town *claim*". I consider my role a Town one anyway.

...What? :-/

I said exactly what I meant.

Ew, really? That's it? Can anyone corroborate that?

That's all he shared to me, he might have had more reasoning with all the claims, but yeah.

If he shared all that with you he must have changed his mind about you (and by extension, pretty much everything else) by the end of the previous phase - why didn't he indicate that Beck was no longer obv-scum in his mind (or did he still think so... somehow... despite now trusting you and throwing out his associative-reads between you, Beck, and Forgotten)?

He thought Beck was definitely Mafia after Forgotten flipped and thus trusted me because of the long Skype conversations I've had with him. I didn't get that many claims but I got told what was supposedly supposed to happen.

I would really like it if we got off the Beck wagon and went in a new direction.

I agree, this would be the 4th phase focused on Beck and having an entire Day Phase wasted on Beck isn't really helpful at this stage.

About Kyriaki: All I know about her is that 1) she checked Human night 1 and 2) she was supposed to check Master Mew night 2 (actually 3) Now, I'm not entirely sure if she actually checked him or someone else, but according to Gliscorman she was supposed to check him.

yay my role should be proven

@HumanDawn; did you know that Kyriaki checked you night 1?

No, I wasn't told a single thing about them and while it won't mean much I can send you everything Gliscorman told me privately Night 3.

Do you know the details of Mijzelffan's Granny and if the person who used a Night Action on Mijzelffan to be Town sided?

Regardless I agree with the others on Mijzelffan and that this is a wise choice, it's at least better to press him on and I'd rather not have a phase fully focused on Beck.

UNVOTE: HumanDawn
VOTE: Mijzelffan

Well, the fact that this silencing is not a mafia ability completely throws my previously-mentioned theory out the window. Oh well.

I... I don't know about the Mijz lynch, to be honest. Aside from the "claim" we supposedly have (something Paperhorse could very easily be fabricating) I haven't been noting his behavior as very scummy. Strangely enough, I've been finding myself agreeing with his logic so far. Day two was a disaster, and I was wholly against it, as he was. I'd like to hear what he has to say to all of this before placing my vote.

Hmmm.... Interesting developments. My vote is still on Beck, but FoS: Mijzlfan.

Personally, GliscorMan did trust Paperhorse, as he told me in a PM. I'm not outing my role, though. Just who used the night action? The action may just be a porkie pie.

I'm available for a few hours this afternoon if anyone had any further questions for me. Like I said, I have nothing to hide; I'm willing to comply with any and all further questions. And @GastlyGibus;, unfortunately I'm unable to message you on Skype, it seems. If you're still comfortable with continuing the conversation here, I'm willing to share anything I have in public.

I've been suspicious of Mijzelffan as well, if for no other reason than his refusal to claim to GliscorMan. There were several other players, if I remember correctly @Life; and @Midorikawa;), who were voting for me, yet had not claimed to GM. But Paperhorse's argument for Mijz's likely guilt is also extremely compelling. I'll Unvote: Beck and Vote: Mijzleffan. Keep in mind, though, that he's on vacation currently, and may not be able to reply to us in time. Even if he is guilty, I feel reluctant to lynch him while he's away.

Also, after speaking to several other players, I'll FoS: Neonsands as well. I can explain this in more detail if need be.

Re: Lord of the Rings Mafia -- August 2nd -- Day 3 -- To Isengard!

@Beck; I've made my points. I don't like the situation at all. I'm not here to be a deciding vote unless I have to be. I'd much rather keep an "outside looking in" approach to the whole lynch deal. I feel if I stay neutral enough between both sides, I might spot something without tunneling my vision.

Well, this post does seem a bit scummy. Anyways, Neon has made few contributions to town. He's lying suspiciously low. @Neonsands; Care to give us some scumreads or the like? FoS: Neonsands.

Re: Lord of the Rings Mafia -- August 2nd -- Day 3 -- To Isengard!

@Beck; I've made my points. I don't like the situation at all. I'm not here to be a deciding vote unless I have to be. I'd much rather keep an "outside looking in" approach to the whole lynch deal. I feel if I stay neutral enough between both sides, I might spot something without tunneling my vision.

Well, this post does seem a bit scummy. Anyways, Neon has made few contributions to town. He's lying suspiciously low. @Neonsands; Care to give us some scumreads or the like? FoS: Neonsands.

I'll share this as well. Below is my response to another player via PM a few phases ago when asked what I thought of Neonsands. If anyone has any questions about my response, don't hesitate to ask.

Beck said:
Okay. Thank you again for your patience. Busy, busy day yesterday.

You're referring to this post, correct? I can see right through it, and I'm leaning toward a Mafia-read. He quotes a nauseating amount of posts; I read through only half of them again, and I'm positive that I'm one of few that even attempted to do so. Yet he doesn't comment on any in particular, just pawns them off as suspicious. I would like to know more as to why. Why bother quoting them if you don't intend on picking them apart?

He also claims that many of the reasons other players are being voted for is because "we are kind of just grasping for straws..." I would disagree, but then he goes on to vote Mijz on "a hunch." That's just about the worst reason to vote for someone on Day One. He didn't even comment directly on the Soulmaster lynch. I don't think he added anything of value to our discussion.

How about you? Also, I can't remember if we traded Skype usernames, but I can also be reached @ BeckNovo.

Do you know the details of Mijzelffan's Granny and if the person who used a Night Action on Mijzelffan to be Town sided?

Yes, I believe the person who used the action is town sided.

I... I don't know about the Mijz lynch, to be honest. Aside from the "claim" we supposedly have (something Paperhorse could very easily be fabricating) I haven't been noting his behavior as very scummy. Strangely enough, I've been finding myself agreeing with his logic so far. Day two was a disaster, and I was wholly against it, as he was. I'd like to hear what he has to say to all of this before placing my vote.

I don't see how I could fabricate this. Also, it's not strange that you agreed with his logic because even if someone is making a logical argument it's possible for them to be scum.

And Beck, you bring up a good point about Neonsands. Did you bring up your suspicions about him to Gliscorman?

And Beck, you bring up a good point about Neonsands. Did you bring up your suspicions about him to Gliscorman?

I did not. I've only spoken to GG, HD, and MM in private. GM, of course, but I only shared with him my actual role.

I don't see how I could fabricate this. Also, it's not strange that you agreed with his logic because even if someone is making a logical argument it's possible for them to be scum.

What I'm trying to say is that, aside from the claim that you have, there's nothing that strikes me as out-of-place with Mijz.

I've just remembered that Mijz is on vacation and probably wont be around to defend himself much, if at all. He announced his absense in the thread not long ago iirc. So maybe we should put him aside for now as well? I'm ok with that if people think it's unfair to bandwagon someone who isn't around to defend themselves.

If people agree, I think Neonsands would be a decent second choice, unless anyone has any info on him that they aren't sharing with us. The whole remaining neutral and 'outsiders' point of view strikes me as bs and a poor excuse for staying under the radar. Plus, like i've said to another player in a private chat, I expect at least 1 or 2 of the mafia to be people we haven't heard much from. While I don't necessarily agree with the views of players like Mido, HumanDawn and CrystalOnix, i'm still not getting scumreads from them or the majority of active players.
@Pariah; You've been very quiet. What are your thoughts on recent events?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom