• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Lord of the Rings Mafia -- August 31st -- Endgame -- Mafia Victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lord of the Rings Mafia -- August 2nd -- Day 3 -- To Isengard!

Maybe a little dramatic toward the end, there, @GliscorMan :p but yeah, basically that.

A little embellishment never hurt anyone, right? But I'm not actually kidding about most of that. This is gonna be an amazingly interesting game, and I can't wait to see how it plays out, even from the sidelines.

@HumanDawn ;
Any thought changes? You were viewing this thread for a long time, just curious what you think about the latest developments.
Also if you don't mind me saying, what did Beck claim? Regular miller Strongman, or additional role?

@Forgotten; You two have claimed fully identical roles. Town Strongman only in name, and an effective vanilla.

@Forgotten; You two have claimed fully identical roles. Town Strongman only in name, and an effective vanilla.

I'm asking HD, if Beck claimed the same to him, or claimed additional role in private. Or are you answering for HD?

15 minute warning.

Eh, well it looks like times up for me.

Before time ends, I don't trust Rabbit, MasterMew, and to a lesser extent, HumanDawn.

1xzdc5.png

Forgotten -- XVoting: Beck, Humandawn, CrackFox,
Hippowdon, GliscorMan, MasterMew,
Rabbit, Flipgbh, Crystal Onix,
jda95
Beck -- VIVoting: Forgotten, GastlyGibus, Mijzelffan,
Midorikawa, Leggo, Life
Paperhorse -- IVoting: Paperhorse
Zenax -- IVoting: Zenax
Pariah -- IVoting: Pariah
Neonsands -- IVoting: Neonsands
Kyriaki -- IVoting: Kyriaki
No Lynch -- 0Voting: None, yet.

Next Update: IMMEDIATELY

Re: Lord of the Rings Mafia -- July 30th -- Night 3 -- Ill Enough

23tl89z.png

Forgotten, you were:

Forgotten, you are Gimli and Legolas

250px-John_Howe_-_Legolas_and_Gimli_at_Helm%27s_Deep.jpg

’Legolas and Gimli at Helm's Deep’ – John Howe

‘I will go with you even on the Paths of the Dead, and to whatever end they may lead,’ said Gimli.

‘I also will come,’ said Legolas,’for I do not fear the Dead.’

-- The Return of the King, “The Passing of the Grey Company”
‘Forty-two, Master Legolas!’ he cried. ‘Alas! My axe is notched: the forty-second [orc] had an iron collar on his neck. How is it with you?’

You have passed my score by one,’ answered Legolas. ‘But I do not grudge you the game, so glad am I to see you on your legs!’

-- The Two Towers, “The Road to Isengard”

You are Gimli, son of Glóin, a dwarf, and a member of the Fellowship of the Ring.
And, you are Legolas Greenleaf of Mirkwood, an Elf, and member of the Fellowship of the Ring.

Forty-two: As a strong dwarf and a strong elf, your strength is so renown that you will inspect as "Strongman" on anyone inspecting you. (Functionally, you're a Vanilla Townie, with just a voice and vote.)

You are a Strongman.

You are allied with The Fellowship of the Ring and win when all The Forces of Sauron are eliminated.

Think of it like being a miller.

‘Things go ill, my friends,’ he [Aragorn] said, wiping the sweat from his brow with his arm.

‘Ill enough,’ said Legolas, ‘but not yet hopeless, while we have you with us. Where is Gimli?’

‘I do not know,’ said Aragorn. ‘I last saw him fighting on the ground behind the wall, but the enemy swept us apart.’

‘Alas! That is evil news,’ said Legolas.

-- The Two Towers, "Helm’s Deep"

Forgotten has been Lynched!
Forgotten was Gimli and Legolas,
Two of The Free People of Middle-earth

It is now Night 3. You have 18 hours to send in Night Actions.
Next Update: Tomorrow, Monday, August 5th, 10 PM EST​

Host note: Guys, this game is still great to watch; thank you. You've missed some of what I've written and I've made a few mistakes, which is balanced since I yell at what you've missed and you notify me when I goof. It's great watching guys, thanks for everything. - Phoenicks

Oh well, it was great playing!

Good luck town!

Also @Phoenicks ; I can sub, some hosts allow dead players to sub some don't, just let me know.

Re: Lord of the Rings Mafia -- August 5th -- Night 3 -- Ill Enough

So we've killed another of our own. I sure hope this information is good, and correct to boot.

Unfortunately, Legolas and Gimli are 2 of my favourite characters :( I hope we don't kill faramir...

People who voted for Soulmaster and Forgotten:
Beck
Crystal Onix
Hippowdon
Master Mew

Really, I think this looks kind of scummy on all four of us, but I'm not really surprised about Beck or Hippowdon.

My post #372.
Most of what I said there still stands, except now instead of thinking it was fishy that Beck did 2 things for his role, we all know he lied to us, either by telling us he did that, or by telling GliscorMan that he only had the title of strongman.

Somehow, the phrase "I told you so" just doesn't seem strong enough.

FoS everybody who voted Forgotten. Specifically, Master Mew, Hippowdon, Beck, and Crystal Onix.

Last edited:

@HumanDawn ;
Any thought changes? You were viewing this thread for a long time, just curious what you think about the latest developments?

I only came online just to see what you'd flip up, which unfortunately didn't happen with the late phase update. I barely had any time to read the new posts because I had work to go to.

Also, since I know what some of you are thinking, just because I supported Beck doesn't mean I'm Mafia with him. I have spoken to him on Skype for quite some time and he said he shared the conversation to Gliscorman, and I even pressured him to claim that his role is identical to Forgotten in every way and that he has no night action. He sounded way more Town like to me like as if he was genuinely a Town Strongman, and the fact he told me he had no night action made me trust him more because he were Mafia, claiming to not have it would put him on more equal ground with Forgotten because he'd have no role to prove.

I would rather not give you my claim at this point in time knowing it could end up with Beck. I could ask you not to tell him but I have no guarantee you won't, last time I offhandedly claimed to someone I later found my claim with at least four other people I never even spoke a word to (hi crackfox, hi beck, hi humandawn).

??? ? ?? ?? ?

what do i have to do with this

The only time I can recall this past year that I was Town and shared your claim with around 4 people was in the Dangan Ronpa Mafia game, and all those people had really good reasons to be Town and you were Mafia in that one.

I'd like to see what Beck flips first, regardless of the outcome I won't have to worry about you sharing my claim with someone I suspect of being mafia. You're still alive next phase, so why the rush.

Okay, now that Forgotten flipped and it's the next phase will you claim to Gliscorman?

FoS everybody who voted Forgotten. Specifically, Master Mew, Hippowdon, Beck, and Crystal Onix.

While I can understand the FoS on Beck, what about the others? Remember that in Animal Crossing Mafia you FoS's everyone who voted Midorikawa after she was lynched, and all of them were Town. Your reasoning was basically that their reasoning wasn't really good, so what's the reasoning for the others?

Last edited:
Re: Lord of the Rings Mafia -- August 1st -- Night 1 -- Utterly Forgotten -- NEED SUB

23tl89z.png

@Darrman; has agreed to sub for Zenax.

Well that sucks. FoS Beck I guess, even though there's still something that tells me he's not scum either. I don't know what it is exactly, probably just how bold he was to out his role so early, unprovoked. I wouldn't have him down as the type of player to do something like that if he wasn't being honest. I'd expect him to just blend in and try and stay under the radar were he mafia. Oh well, we'll see what tonight brings. I still have confidence that info GliscorMan has/will collect before he's out of the game will be able to help us somewhat.

All right, guys. As promised, I can now deliver Beck to you as a confirmed member of the Mafia. If you don't lynch him tomorrow there's something seriously wrong.

While I can understand the FoS on Beck, what about the others? Remember that in Animal Crossing Mafia you FoS's everyone who voted Midorikawa after she was lynched, and all of them were Town. Your reasoning was basically that their reasoning wasn't really good, so what's the reasoning for the others?

A FoS is not a declaration of mafia. It's an accusation, and accusations can be wrong. Obviously, it's impossible for everybody who voted Forgotten to be mafia. That ridiculous, and that's not what I'm saying. I'm pointing out that it makes them suspect, and I would like an answer for why they did it.

This whole day phase has been incredibly frustrating, because we essentially lynched a town member because somebody told us to. There was nothing given to us to make us suspect Forgotten over Beck. In fact, Beck way easily the more suspicious of the two. My reasoning for the FoS is, why couldn't those who voted Forgotten think for themselves instead of just doing what they were told? I can understand if you had your own case against Forgotten. It shows you're actually thinking for yourself. But that's not what I saw. What I did see, was a whole lot of "well, I trust Gliscorman because he's town!" People blindly casting their vote because someone else told them to.

It's strange, but for once, I actually agree with Mijzelffan. The simple fact that GM was confirmed does not make his logic sound and right. What I would have liked would be something - anything - that would have made me consider changing my vote. But we didn't get that. Instead, we had vague promises, withheld information, and a lot of people saying "just trust me." And, as we can clearly see now, "just trust me" is not a valid reason to lynch somebody. So now, after this nightphase, we'll be four townies down. I sincerely hope this magical repository of information that GM has is worth it, because I'm having a very hard time justifying information at the expense of four dead town members.

All right, guys. As promised, I can now deliver Beck to you as a confirmed member of the Mafia. If you don't lynch him tomorrow there's something seriously wrong.

You said you'd have bagged two Mafia members if Forgotten flipped Town, do you think it's strange enough that Forgotten flipped Town that you doubt the second player is Mafia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom