• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Lord of the Rings Mafia -- August 31st -- Endgame -- Mafia Victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lord of the Rings Mafia -- August 5th -- Night 3 -- Ill Enough

Hey @Hippowdon, where'd you go? You were one of the top posters in this game (and you're still #9) but when I asked you why you were casting aspersion's on the trustworthiness of our host you vanished.

I'd still like you to answer this.

One minute. Good bye, guys! It's been fun! ;_;

Re: Lord of the Rings Mafia -- August 1st -- Night 1 -- Utterly Forgotten

23tl89z.png

Kyriaki, you were:

Kyriaki, you are Aragorn

image.png

’Strider’ – Frithjof Spangenberg

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken:
The crownless again shall be king.

-- The Fellowship of the Ring, "The Council of Elrond"

You are Aragorn, son of Arathorn, Rightful King of Gondor, and a Member of the Fellowship of the Ring

King of the West: Every Night you may may learn the role of one Player. PM me saying "Inspect: {Player}" and I will tell you what role they have. (Note: Abilities may tamper with your result.)

You are a Role Cop.

You are allied with The Fellowship of the Ring and win when all The Forces of Sauron are eliminated.

But there may be some role manipulation.

’You are grieved, daughter,’ said Théoden. ‘What has happened? Tell me, did he [Aragorn] speak of that road?’ He pointed away along the darkening lines of stones towards the Dwimorberg. ‘Of the Paths of the Dead?’

‘Yes, lord,’ said Ėowyn. ‘And he has passed into the shadow from which none have returned. I could not dissuade him. He is gone.

‘Then our paths are sundered,’ said Ėomer. ‘He is lost. We must ride without him, and our hope dwindles.’

-- The Return of the King, "The Muster of Rohan"

Kyriaki has been Killed
Kyriaki was Aragorn,
One of The Free People of Middle-earth

GliscorMan has left the game!

Announcement: All Private Messages are banned until the end of Day 4. (The Mafia QuickTopic is uniquely excepted.)

It is now Day 4. You have 48 hours to lynch.
Next Update: Thursday, August 7th, 10 PM EST​

Last edited:

Repeating for good measure: All Private Messages are banned today. Do NOT let me catch you Privately Messaging unless you're using the Mafia QuickTopic.

So thoughts on what happened to ban private communications, or anyone want to admit to it?

UNVOTE: Midorikawa
VOTE: Beck

I'm assuming we're voting ourselves.

Well, I can't say I wasn't expecting a bit more than the info we got from GM.

I think we all know where my vote's going, though.
Unvote: Crystal Onix
Vote: Beck

Votecount to follow. You're still voting for yourselves by default.

Can we talk about that nightkill a little bit? I mean, I know nightkill analysis tends to be a WIFOM-y mess, but... Kyriaki had said almost nothing in-thread, and she ends up getting nightkilled immediately after our massclaim and turns out to be our Rolecop?

This reeks of a breach of confidence. Hopefully the list of players GliscorMan entrusted with claims is short, and hopefully someone was entrusted with that list, because now we need it.

Urh this development is so annoying. It's very difficult for me give verdicts right now. I really wanted to PM a few people to give some clarity on things but that's out the window. For some reason I don't buy Beck as Mafia, yes his role is a duplicate of Forgottens but there's a lot of trickery in this game and in the brief time I spoke to GliscorMan, he did mention getting duplicate claims twice from different people. He said two people had claimed jailer and two people had claimed rolecop. Now this could be a coincidence, but I doubt it, 3 claims that just happen to be duplicated? He didn't say who those people were, he obviously didn't trust me quite enough to go into that kind of detail but regardless, I think there could be duplicate roles out there and I suspect that they may be trickery involved. If you read Kyriaki's PM it mentions 'role manipulation' so who knows. I'd like to hear people's theories and to hear what others have learnt from GM.

I'm struggling to explain or make sense of my logic but I don't think it's as clear cut as we're making out. I'm gonna wait before making a decision as to who to vote. I want to hear more from players like Mijzelffan and Pariah.

In terms of the events today, not surprised about the night kill. Inactives are easy targets and it prevents other mafia being linked back to the kill. No idea why the PM ban is in force though.

@Master Mew; its possible she was killed for confusion and the mafia got lucky, or they could have rolecopped her with their own. Though he former seems more likely. Some players rather kill the unexpected than the expected.

without any compelling reason otherwise

Maybe I'm just being too optimistic but I'm much more likely to believe that the mafia chose to go after an inactive randomly than having known all the claims. And there's also the possibility of a mafia rolecop checking her N1 and wanting to be disposed of quickly. The idea of the mafia being aware of everyone's roles and not going straight for the doctor or cop is unlikely to me.

Last edited:
Re: Lord of the Rings Mafia -- August 1st -- Night 1 -- Utterly Forgotten

1xzdc5.png

Beck -- IVVoting: Beck, Midorikawa, Crystal Onix,
jda94
Paperhorse -- IVoting: Paperhorse
Master Mew -- IVoting: Master Mew
Flipgbh -- IVoting: Flipgbh
Mijzelffan -- IVoting: Mijzelffan
Crackfox -- IVoting: Crackfox
Forgotten -- IVoting: Forgotten
Life -- IVoting: Life
Leggo -- IVoting: Leggo
Darmann -- IVoting: Darmann
HumanDawn -- IVoting: HumanDawn
Pariah -- IVoting: Pariah
Hippowdon -- IVoting: Hippowdon
Rabbit -- IVoting: Rabbit
Neonsands -- IVoting: Neonsands
GastlyGibus -- IVoting: GastlyGibus
No Lynch -- 0Voting: None, yet.
The Dead -- IVoting: The Dead

Like before, you may change your vote, and you may vote for a No Lynch, but you may not Unvote and thereby do nothing.

The game's dead players have been empowered to cast a vote. They may do this each day for the rest of the game. I will place it in the votecount at the appropriate times.

@GliscorMan; You still can post until the phase ends. (Which makes this post and the other posts like it interesting. Did you already forget exactly how long you had?) Have you indeed shared information with anyone? If you have, perhaps you might consider sharing with us in turn, in light of what just happened?

Also, today's target seems clear, so I'll Unvote: Rabbit to Vote: Beck.

without any compelling reason otherwise

That vote was for me for about three seconds, then edited to Beck. Why? We aren't random voting at this stage, I hope?

EDIT: Rabbit ninja'd me. :XD:

@Rabbit you seem a little confused on GliscorMan's role - he's dead now. He had two phased (one day phase, one night phase) to hang around. And honestly, your confusion reads as a light towntell to me, since Scum will have talked about GliscorMan's (enormous) role in the previous phase and I don't think the Mafia would be confused about his role at this point.

I was reading your post and typed your name without thinking, just a mistake. :p
Oh lol gotcha. :p

So you don't think the Kyriaki kill was a bit too convenient? Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Still desperately want to hear from @Hippowdon.

For now:

Unvote: Master Mew

But I'd really like to hear from him ( @Beck), and from @HumanDawn, who has gone absent again.

@GliscorMan; You still can post until the phase ends. (Which makes this post and the other posts like it interesting. Did you already forget exactly how long you had?)
Seeing as I understand editing posts is discouraged, I'll just admit this was a error. However, @Phoenicks, is he dead?
...I really need to keep up.

Re: Lord of the Rings Mafia -- August 5th -- Day 4 -- Without Him

Update: I seem to have misjudged how long HumanDawn had been absent from the thread - my apologies. Nevertheless, I'd still like to hear from him.

@Leggo, @Paperhorse, and @Pariah's thoughts would be greatly appreciated, as well.

Re: Lord of the Rings Mafia -- August 5th -- Day 4 -- Without Him

Well since CF just revealed that there are two rolecops, it seems likely there are mafia equivalents for town ones, and if there is a mafia rolecop then I doubt mafia knew Kyriakis role since killing their counterclaim would hurt their own rolecop if their rolecop claimed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom