• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Likely Spoilers)

Reaction score
Hey all, noticed on the “What TV shows are you currently watching?” thread that others are checking this show out. It would be nice to have a discussion about it, the good and the bad, without it becoming too emotionally charged like on Reddit.

Coming at it from the perspective of a very casual Tolkien enjoyer, I overall liked it. Nevertheless, a lot of the individual moments were stronger than the unified whole. The Halbrand=Sauron reveal and subsequent mind tricks are masterpieces in isolation, but I won’t pretend I didn’t walk away with some questions and confusion. Not a big fan of the Southlands plotline in general, either, which is a pretty big deal considering it’s the main one.

The lore inconsistencies may sting more the more I dig into the world, but I was okay with Arwen saving Frodo in the movie so there’s that. Others have pointed out in-story inconsistencies that are hard to overlook (just keep swimming, just keep swimming…) which lead me to my ultimate conclusion regarding singular moments vs the whole.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom